- Lucian was designed by Daniel 'ZenonTheStoic' Klein. His lore was written by 'RiotRunaan'.
- Lucian is voiced by Kog'Maw, Renekton and Rengar. , who also voices
- The two pictures in the post where Lucian was officially revealed show an L engraved into one pistol and an S in the other. The L stands for Lucian, the S for Lucian's late wife - Senna. After Senna's soul was trapped by Thresh, Lucian started using Senna's pistol as well as his own.
- In game, the gun in Lucian's right hand - the less ornate white one - is his. The gun with the more intricate design is his wife, Senna's.
- Due to his leaked concept art some people speculated that the S and L that is engraved on the guns stood for Shadow and Light receptively due to the guns having a light and dark theme. This idea also came from his reveal when he said "Not just anyone can wield these weapons. You need a pure heart. A fearless mind. An inner light that outshines all the darkness in the world. Once I had that light. Now I'm not so sure" thus lead people to believe that he will have some shadow and light based abilities.
- Lucian's leaked champion title was "the Gun Templar" however when he was released his title changed to "the Purifier."
- Interestingly enough in the Polish reveal he was referred to as the Gun Templar, but probably is a miscommunication between the staff.
- It's also interesting to note that the first time his teaser was revealed the Riot poster was named Lucian the Gun Templar, however it got changed into Lucian, the Purifier.
- The Culling is the first ability in the game to directly scale with attack speed. It is also a new mechanic that allows him to fire backwards while moving.
- When first revealed in the Public beta, The Culling could deal over 10,000 damage with a build consisting of 5 x and . Subsequent changes to the ability's AP ratio has seen this build's damage output being reduced to 3800.
- A build consisting of 5 x and will achieve the same amount of damage while also granting stacking CDR and movement speed, and decent attack damage and lifesteal for while The Culling is on cooldown.
- It should be noted, however, that The Culling's damage scales more efficiently with attack damage builds than attack speed builds.
- Lucian is from Demacia.
- Lucian's recall animation is the same pose performed by John Preston, the protagonist of here. A side by side comparison can be seen
- Lucian's dance is a reference to here. from the series. A side by side comparison can be seen
- Lucian's theme, The Purifier's Resolve, was composed and performed by The Crystal Method.
- Lucian's log-in screen is the first login to have an animated sequence before the actual log-in. The animation also shows the soul of his wife, Senna.
- The Crystal Method did a live performance of The Purifier's Resolve as part of the opening ceremony for the Season 3 World Championship Finals.
- Lucian's taunt "Death at the door? Hmph, no, I am the one who knocks." is a reference to a well-known quote from the television series.
- Lucian's quote "Everybody deserves a second shot." may be a reference to a - a shooting technique where two shots are fired at the same body part within a few seconds of each other.
- It may also be a reference to Lucian's passive, Lightslinger, which resembles a double tap.
- It was hinted prior to Lucian's release that his release skin would have "four eyes", referencing sunglasses.
- Hired Gun Lucian seems to be a reference to both and from .
- Lucian's reveal on the Russian website featured a different image of the second gun. In this image, it is made apparent that the stone is in fact a memorial plaque for Lucian's "beloved wife" Senna.
Login Animation & Music Edit
|Lucian's Theme (without VO)|
- ↑ @Riot; which gun is Lucian's, which is his wife's? http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3793396
- ↑ Shouldn't Lucian's lore include piltover? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=39665132#post39665132