|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Autoattacking between your skills, proccing Lightslinger, is an efficient way to boost your damage.
- Piercing Light can hit target out of its cast range, cast it on minions to damage enemies behind.
- However, beware that it has a ~0.35 sec delay, during which the target may dodge it.
- Try not to spam this ability, the short cooldown makes it tempting, but the high mana cost is severe. Missing one once a minute or two is acceptable, but can get unmanageable if you have a bad aim/your opponent can avoid it.
- Lucian is a high-burst based marksman; a quick combo of Piercing Light- Lightslinger- Ardent Blaze- Lightslinger can be used to deal massive damage to someone early in the game. Later on, The Culling can be used if your target slips out of range or to provide even more sustained damage.
- Remember that Relentless Pursuit will also proc Lightslinger, so you can use it to contribute to combos.
- However you are better off saving it for The Culling allows you to re-position yourself if the intended target moves away, not to mention it will refresh if you kill/assist on an enemy's death.
- The Culling will also proc Lightslinger, so deactivating it can give you a bit more burst damage if you need it.
- Ardent Blaze produces a flash of light where it detonates, which reveals nearby area. Use it to check bushes. Additionally, enemies hit will be left sparkling with energy for a few moments, revealing their position a little longer.
- A smart tactic to escape is to use Ardent Blaze into your enemy, dash away with Relentless Pursuit and use The Culling, proccing the mark from Ardent Blaze and accelerating yourself.
- Ardent Blaze's damage quickly slips off as the ability is usually not maxed out, the range is long and the mana cost is fairly low, but the damage is simply underwhelming.
- By levels 1-4 the damage is actually good and you can use it to harass from a long range
- By levels 4-10 it completely slips off and offers mediocre damage. Use it mainly to chase/last-hit someone or to proc Lightslinger.
- The damage improves by levels 10-18 as you are putting points into and your AD makes it scale decently. It will tickle a tank or a fighter but hits decently against a mage or other marks(wo)man.
- Lightslinger second shot is performed a very (very, 0.2 sec) short delay after the base-first one, but if you move away Lucian will still perform the attack (with a special animation), it can be smart to blow a Piercing Light, Lightslinger and Relentless Pursuit while getting away with the full damage.
- You may need some practice to fully utilize Ardent Blaze's cross shaped explosion.
- It will hit enemies directly behind the main target in the same angle as the projectile, this may be the easiest way to utilize it.
- Aiming The Culling on a target affected by the Ardent Blaze buff procs it, increasing your movement speed and making it easier to keep up with their possible dodging maneuvers.
- Relentless Pursuit will clean any slow, as well as most secondary effect, such as Wither's attack speed slow.
- Try to save it in when battle breaks out, as it is your only choice to escape besides Flash, if losing the combat, or to chase the fleeing enemies.
- Try to aim The Culling in a straight line rather than diagonally, this will make it easier to position to hit the target.
- The Culling can be a very good way to scare off enemies attempting to turret dive you.
- You can also use The Culling to quickly clear minion waves when your turret is being pushed, allow it to target enemy champions if they attempt to take it down.
- Although The Culling scales with attack speed, Lucian benefits more from attack damage, due to Lightslinger and Piercing Light.
- Keep in mind that the active of does not work together with The Culling.
- is an overall effective way to boost Lucian's kit.
- The boosted stats are good on any autoattack reliant champion.
- The component gives him some attack damage and health, providing damage and tankyness, also the Rage passive effect of and gives him huge kiting and chasing potential.
- The component gives more burst potential with the 'Spellblade' passive while also giving him increased mana, which gives more spammability" to his spells.
- Fitting extremely well with his "bursty" nature, can be "rushed" on Lucian
- is a slightly cheaper alternative when still seeking the 'Spellblade' passive of and also provides a large amount of both mana and armor and some cooldown reduction to help with spamming spells.
- Although the 'Spellblade' passive is not as strong on as it is on , in exchange it provides a significant AoE slow, giving Lucian some effective CC when combined with the short cooldown of Piercing Light at higher ranks.
- is an efficient item on Lucian, because of the large attack speed bonus it gives, along with its unique passive.
- is an excellent item for Lucian, because it grants him a hefty amount of attack damage, while the life steal it offers grants Lucian much needed sustain, especially with Lightslinger.
- As one of the core items on any Marksman build, can also be 'rushed' on Lucian, however might be a better pick if Lucian is not taking heavy poke early on, but if he does, the lifesteal path of could be a better option
- is a good item for Lucian, because it offers attack speed, critical strike and movement speed.
- It should be also noted that the passive will stack much faster by procing Lightslinger, as each shot will provide another stack, building it twice as fast.
- is effective on Lucian, granting him attack damage, attack speed, life steal.
- It is worth mentioning that Lightslinger procs both the life steal and passive that offers.
- can be a good way to improve your damage, due to the armor penetration while providing some cooldown reduction, and its two upgrades have benefits.
- will grant a boost of health and attack damage, and its shred can quickly be stacked with either Lightslinger procs or The Culling.
- , while it doesn't give as much attack damage as a and may not grant the % armor shred, gives a useful active to boost, giving about 2 extra shots as well as movement speed, making it easier to follow the target, while the increased flat armor penetration makes it easier to kill squishier targets.
- will grant a good boost of attack damage as well as high % armor penetration, making it useful against targets with lot of armor.
- is very optional item, should be bought only if Lucian has enough damage and requires survival. Ardent Blaze deal magic damage (+0.9 AP) and The Culling increases damage by 0.1 AP per shot (maximum +3.3 AP). will apply a 15% slow by each shot of The Culling, so increases the effect of slowing down while active The Culling + basic slow time after last shot.
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Early game, Lucian's passive Lightslinger grants him a lot of trading potential. Try to avoid getting hit when he has the effect ready.
- Dodging Piercing Light during the 0.35 second delay, with fast reactions or an ability like Vayne's Tumble, is a good way to lower Lucian's damage output.
- Also, try to not stand in a line with allied minions and Lucian, as it denies him every chance to line up a shot.
- Be careful when you are hit by : now affected by the spell's mark, Lucian can easily engage with the bonus movement speed.
- Lucian's only real escaping ability (besides summoner spells like Flash) is Relentless Pursuit. Try to gank Lucian a short time after he uses the spell, since the cooldown gives a substantial timeframe in which he is vulnerable to ganks.
- Remember that Relentless Pursuit will clean any slow on Lucian, keep that in mind before using powerful slows such as Wither or Exhaust.
- Although The Culling's damage may seem to be terrifying, moving sideways can help dodging at least a few shots, because the angle of fire cannot be altered once chosen.