|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
Arm yourself as Lucian, the Purifier
By Tyler 'RiotWenceslaus' Eltringham 
Stand against the shadows and obliterate evil with righteous power as Lucian, the Purifier. Armed with ancient weapons, this ranged carry excels at pummeling opponents with quick shots, relentless dashes and a barrage of light-infused bullets.
- Bot lane
A highly-mobile ranged damage dealer, Lucian punishes enemies for straying too close. Piercing Light offers Lucian significant harass potential, even through minions, forcing enemy carries to decide between missing last hits as they dodge his shots or taking damage as they farm up. Dashing with Relentless Pursuit or landing Ardent Blaze and a follow-up auto attack on escaping targets gives Lucian the speed boost needed to close gaps, score kills or escape a deadly gank.
Lightslinger enables Lucian to fire two auto attacks in quick succession after using his abilities. This offers ample opportunities for the Purifier to bully his lane enemies and take the upper hand in simple duels. On-hit effects such as life steal, slows and red buff proc twice, making Lucian all that more likely to survive tough exchanges and maintain presence in lane.
The Culling, Lucian’s ultimate, is a channeled ability that fires a barrage of bullets in a straight line, damaging the first enemy champion hit. Unlike many channeled abilities, Lucian has the option to dash with Relentless Pursuit as he unleashes The Culling. While on the move, The Culling will continue firing in the same direction as when activated. Simultaneous use of Relentless Pursuit allows Lucian to quickly dash away from his approaching enemies or move in towards fleeing foes. Earning kills with The Culling also refreshes Relentless Pursuit, making Lucian a swift death dealer while his ultimate is active.
Once teamfights break out, Relentless Pursuit enables Lucian to quickly escape unfavorable situations and kite pursuing opponents, or skirt around the enemy team to single out priority targets. When facing off against a group of foes, tagging multiple enemies with Ardent Blaze gives Lucian plenty of targets to peg for a speed boost while Piercing Light rips through the group.
A highly-mobile ranged damage dealer, Lucian shines when blasting enemies with Piercing Light and quickly repositioning himself with Relentless Pursuit to unleash more pain or retreat from counterattacks and jungle ganks. By tagging enemies with Ardent Blaze and activating The Culling, Lucian gains the speed boost needed to chase down opponents, unload massive damage and secure kills. And since Lightslinger enables double on-hit procs of life steal, red buff and more, Lucian can overcome opponents in duels and in-lane trades with strategic use of his abilities.
Put evil in its place - 6 feet under - as Lucian with sample masteries, tactics and more in this Champion Spotlight.
- Playing As Lucian
- For optimal burst, try to combine Relentless Pursuit into Piercing Light.
- Ardent Blaze actually explodes in a star pattern. Try to line it up so the spokes hit enemy champions.
- Once you have chosen an angle for The Culling, you cannot change it. Pick your moment well!
- Because of Lightslinger, Lucian benefits more from Attack Damage than he does from Attack Speed.
- Playing Against Lucian
- Lucian has strong burst, but little sustained damage.
- Lucian cannot change the aim of The Culling. Take advantage of this by avoiding the angle of the bullets.
- Piercing Light does not give Lucian extra Attack Range. He still needs to find a target in range to line up his shot. Avoid Piercing Light by anticipating the angle Lucian will choose.
- Ability Usage
- Mastery Usage
- Lucian as Lightslinger will both apply the bonus damage and generate stacks. is the best choice for
- is another option in difficult games where sustaining at low health is necessary.
- Item Usage