- Lulu was designed by Xypherous.
- Lulu is the first champion to be announced directly through an Art Spotlight.
- Lulu is the first champion to be available for play on the Public Beta Environment before her official release.
- Lulu is the first champion to have a champion-specific login theme.
- Lulu is voiced by Faye Mata.
- Lulu is the first champion to utilize polymorph.
- During her development, Riot designers commonly referred to Lulu as the "Suppordle".
- While Lulu's main skin is a whimsical fantasy piece, her alternate release skins are both references to recent trends in , adding disturbing imagery to her lighthearted kit.
- Casting Help, Pix! on an enemy will place a debuff on the target and the tooltip reads "Hey! Listen!" at the end of it. This is a reference to from .
- Lulu grabs her hat and flies on her staff when she casts Whimsy on herself.
- Lulu can be a possible reference to , a young witch-in-training that is accompanied by a little elf from Berserk.
- Lulu used to be called Waena while in production.
- Lulu's movement quote "Yup, that tasted purple." is likely a reference to quote from the episode "The Why of Fry" ("Did everything just taste purple for a second?") from the sitcom .
- In the Polish client, Lulu quote, "Po oczach ich, Pix, po oczach!" (Go for the eyes, Pix, for the eyes!) is a reference to character who says the same thing to his hamster.
- Dragon Trainer Lulu is most likely a reference to the movie .
- This skin turns Pix into a small dragon with design reminiscent of dragon designs in How to Train Your Dragon.
- The small dragon that replaces Pix bears a resemblance to Spyro the Dragon.
- Bittersweet Lulu is a possible reference to the German story of .
- It is the only skin in which Lulu's ears are not visible.
- It is also the only skin where her eyes are .
- Whimsy turns her enemies into a cupcake.
Art SpotlightLulu Art Spotlight(06:43)
Login AnimationLulu League Of Legends Login Screen With Music(01:07)