|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- In general, Lulu's strength comes from her great amount of CC and high base damage for a support. Pix, Faerie Companion encourages players to harass with auto-attacks more often as it scales quickly and becomes an excellent form of harass.
- Glitterlance has a moderate mana cost at early ranks. Use it sparingly to poke, as it can quickly drain your mana.
- You can use Help, Pix! on allies, enemies, or minions in order to greatly extend the range on Glitterlance and make an unexpected poke at an enemy champion.
- As a support, Lulu works best with attack damage carries with large amount of poke and/or those that require more passive playstyles such as Caitlyn, Tristana, Kog'Maw, Varus, Ezreal, Twitch, and Ashe.
- However, Lulu does not fair well with attack damage carries that requires early game aggression such as Graves, Draven, and Corki.
- Despite Vayne's lack of poke, Lulu's kit synergizes well with Vayne. Vayne's Night Hunter combined with Lulu's Whimsy greatly increases Vayne's movement speed and allows her to chase down fleeing enemies. Her Wild Growth can catch enemies by surprise when Vayne exits out of her stealth through Final Hour and extra survivability. Help, Pix! will not only help keep Vayne alive with a shield, but adds additional DPS with Silver Bolts and Pix, Faerie Companion and Lulu can continue to poke using Glitterlance when Pix is on Vayne even if Lulu isn't able to catch up with Vayne in terms of movement speed.
- Always be careful when using Whimsy. The speed boost on Whimsy is very useful, but using it this way may mean that it won't be available when you find that you need it to disable a high burst damage enemy such as Talon, or Riven, or to interrupt a channel such as Malzahar's Nether Grasp or Fiddlesticks's Drain.
- Lulu excels at supporting initiation: attach Pix to a tank, then Whimsy them to allow them to move into range of the enemy quickly and fire off a Glitterlance to slow much of the enemy team.
- use Wild Growth then and you will disable the entire enemy team for a couple of seconds.
- A single rank Whimsy makes Lulu quite mobile, allowing for ganks or wards depending on her build.
- Use Help, Pix! on enemies who can use stealth like Akali, Vayne or Twitch to keep them revealed and sabotage one of their biggest strengths.
- Use Help, Pix! on high attack speed allied champions such as Master Yi, Fiora, or Evelynn as they will trigger your passive damage more often and since they are squishy most of time, they will benefit from the shield.
- Wild Growth has many uses. It can enhance an already disruptive tank with its knockup and slow, make a bruiser virtually impossible to peel off an enemy carry, or even protect a carry of your own. In lane, it can make ganks from champions with a leap or dash ability more potent, or to help escape enemy ganks. In general, it should be used early and often as its cooldown is far shorter than most ultimates.
- If timed correctly, Wild Growth can be used to interrupt dashes or delay escapes long enough for your allies to finish the job.
- Wild Growth does not grab turret or minion aggro when knocking up enemy champions as it does not do damage. Thus it can be safely used within turret range.
- Wild Growth isn't affected by healing reduction because it increases health, not heals it.
- Wild Growth is especially useful when used in conjunction with Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity, as it solves her inability to stick to her target.
- Wild Growth synergizes especially well with AoE ultimates, trapping enemy champions in the area for the duration such as Crowstorm, Soul Shackles, and Cannon Barrage.
- Use Whimsy to help allies escape dangerous situations. Casting Whimsy on them or on the enemy will make for an easier getaway.
- At 40% cooldown, you can constantly keep Help, Pix! on an ally.
- Cooldown reduction in general is exceptional on Lulu as it allows her to keep constant CC on enemies in teamfights.
- Lulu can easily support other champions from the back, making aura items a viable choice.
- will increase the effectiveness of Help, Pix! and Wild Growth on both you and your allies, since shields & health bonuses are able to soak up more damage with higher defenses.
- gives you a bit of health, a good amount of Cooldown Reduction and also grants your AD allies bonus attack damage and life steal.
- As an AP support, Lulu can pick up as a good starting item since her kit encourages her to auto-attack.
- makes her more resilient, boost all her abilities, and has great synergy with her massive amount of CC, making it a good first damage item.
- immediately after (or before) gives a dramatic boost to CDR and solves her mana issues. Other options include and , if you are looking for a cheaper alternative or more AP respectively.
- is a good item to build on Lulu as it has spell vamp and life steal to keep Lulu alive and adds extra boost with her autoattacks thanks to Pix, Faerie Companion.
- If you have more than one AP champion in your team, it doesn't hurt to build a as it not only amplify Lulu's magic damage, but your entire team's damage as well.
- A will greatly increase the potency of not only Lulu's damage, but also her utility, particularly the speed boost from Whimsy.
- Due to her low cooldowns in her kit, Spellblade items like , , and adds a lot of damage in her kit and autoattacks.
- Since Pix, Faerie Companion adds damage to basic attacks, Lulu can also be built as an on-hit attack speed carry like Teemo, Kog'Maw, Kayle or Jax.
- Typical items include , , , , , and , since they give you Attack Speed to trigger Pix, Faerie Companion more often as well as several on-hit effects to increase her damage. On-hit items such as and and Spellblade items like and are sometimes built. This build is sometimes called "Machine Gun Lulu" build is often seen played top lane, mid lane, or bottom lane ADC Lulu.
- While interesting to some, this build is sub-optimal as Lulu was created with a kit to support rather than to be a damage carry. A potential use of this build would be if your team has a substantial lead or is lacking a proper carry, such as ARAMs.
- On the other hand, mixing AP with attack speed and on-hit items adds a lot of damage per second and utility in her kit in conjunction to Pix, Faerie Companion will max the fullest potential in her kit. Be sure to mix and match attack speed and AP when appropriate, prioritizing with AP first.
- does not allow Pix, Faerie Companion to strike multiple enemies whether Lulu or the target of Help, Pix! has it.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline!|
- reduces both the duration of her disables, as well as her damage output, making it an ideal item.
- Lulu does not have a very high natural damage output, so when alone or focused, she'll die quickly without much retaliation.
- However, Lulu has a much higher damage output than most other support champions along with her terrifying amount of CC. Don't ignore her in team fights.
- Despite Lulu's strong crowd control, poke, and peeling power, she does not have any form of heals to keep the AD carry healthy except for her ultimate, and her abilities are mana intensive. Therefore, support champions with healing like Sona, Soraka, and Nami can stay in lane longer.
- Lulu's true power comes from the CC she can apply, and as such, is extremely dependent on her teammates; her damage doesn't scale well into the late game, due to her medium ratios, but remains a powerful disabler.
- By late game Whimsy can give a very high speed boost depending on her build, and can be used quite often in conjunction with CDR. Beware if she uses it on a power initiator as it could mean an easy engagement.
- In lane, Lulu will often harass heavily with her Glitterlance and her passive. Unlike many piercing skillshots, standing behind minions will not mitigate the damage, so moving erratically can help mitigate damage taken.
- Lulu has no consistent heal, so poking at her or her lane partner will whittle down their health or waste her mana trying to shield them.
- Lulu has mediocre auto-attack damage (44.4) as her passive gives her more damage on attacks and it quickly scales as she levels up. Do not be afraid to exchange auto-attacks early with Lulu as champions often have more magic resist than armor early on. (Pix will barely deal about 5.5 damage at level one)
- Be wary that Pix will become a threat if Lulu has built a lot of attack speed. The damage scales quickly, and getting hit by all three bolts lets her outdamage carries during the laning phase. By level 17 Pix adds up to 105 magic damage per auto (not accounting for AP), and becomes even deadlier when used on a carry with higher attack speed. By this time champions don't have much magic resist unless they have itemized for it, making it deceptively powerful.
- Wait for Lulu to use Whimsy before trying to use any channeled abilities or heading into the fight. This leaves her without the polymorph or speed buff, and allows your team to fight without disruption. It has a fairly high cooldown, especially at earlier ranks, meaning you have a good amount of time to fight before Lulu can use it again.
- Lulu is deadly for ganks as a combination of Glitterlance, Whimsy and Wild Growth will leave you in an extremely crippled condition.
- When she and her lane partner hit level 6 it can be very hard to beat them in a 2v2 situation as Wild Growth delivers a devastating disable and heals her target for a significant amount.
- Like many ultimates on supports, Wild Growth has a somewhat high mana cost and can be rendered unusable if you manage to harass her into draining her mana pool.
- Lulu is an excellent baiter due to Wild Growth; be very careful about diving or committing to kill her if she has the ability up.
- Watch out for Help, Pix! as Glitterlance's's second bolt will fire from Pix's position, meaning that Lulu can pick up an unexpected kill on you or a nearby ally if she tags you or a nearby champion/minion with it.
- Despite Lulu being squishy, she is extremely hard to catch, being able to escape with Whimsy, slow you with Glitterlance, prevent some damage with Help, Pix! and if you get too close she will send you flying with Wild Growth while the slowing field will keep you from catching up.
- Try to get Lulu to waste her ultimate without her team initiating. If Lulu uses Wild Growth in conjunction with a great initiating champion such as Malphite or Maokai, your team will be locked up for a few seconds.
- If she does use it, be careful of what you do next.
- While the knock up, health, and slow are disruptive, they don't hurt your team much after the initial knock up, so staying and fighting may be a good option if you can take out the champion before Lulu can shield them or give them the ability power and speed buff from Whimsy.
- If you have to run, beware of the slows from Wild Growth and Glitterlance. If you get slowed by both of them, a polymorph from Whimsy may take you out if Lulu's team is nearby. Also keep in mind that Help, Pix! extends Glitterlance's range, making it a very effective chasing tool if she attaches it to you or a nearby champion/minion.
- Finally, remember that Help, Pix! reveals a tagged enemy champion until Pix leaves, making it impossible to juke through bushes or past corners for the duration of the debuff.
- If she does use it, be careful of what you do next.
- Lulu is one of the few champions that has strong flexibility in her item builds and kit in a similar vein like Kennen and Teemo. Pay attention to her build and build accordingly to counter her. For example, if she goes for a "machine gun" type build where she builds a lot of attack speed and on-hit items with the use of Pix, Faerie Companion, consider building and to counter her damage per second.
- On the other, pay attention to which lane Lulu can go. While she's normally played as a bottom lane support, she can also easily played as an ADC due to her Pix, Faerie Companion; and she can easily go top and middle lane due to her crowd control and poking kit in addition to Wild Growth and Whimsy's speed boost makes it incredibly difficult for melee bruisers and assassins to kill her effectively. Consider playing sustain based champions like Nidalee, Yorick, and Vladimir instead to counteract her crowd control and poke.