Skill Usage Edit
- Glitterlance has a moderate mana cost at early ranks. Use it sparingly to poke, as it can quickly drain your mana.
- You can use Help, Pix! on allies, enemies, or minions in order to greatly extend the range on Glitterlance and make an unexpected poke at an enemy champion.
- As a support, Lulu works best with attack damage carries with large amount of poke and/or those that require more passive playstyles such as Caitlyn, Tristana, Kog'Maw, Varus, Ezreal, Twitch, and Ashe.
- However, Lulu does not fair well with attack damage carries that requires early game aggression such as Graves, Draven, and Corki.
- Despite Vayne's lack of poke, Lulu's kit synergizes well with Vayne. Vayne's Night Hunter combined with Lulu's Whimsy greatly increases Vayne's movement speed and allows her to chase down fleeing enemies. Her Wild Growth can catch enemies by surprise when Vayne exits out of her stealth through Final Hour and extra survivability. Help, Pix! will not only help keep Vayne alive with a shield, but adds additional DPS with Silver Bolts and Pix, Faerie Companion and Lulu can continue to poke using Glitterlance when Pix is on Vayne even if Lulu isn't able to catch up with Vayne in terms of movement speed.
- Always be careful when using Whimsy. The speed boost on Whimsy is very useful, but using it offensively may mean that it isn't available to cast when you find that you really need it to disable a high damage enemy such as Talon, or Riven, or to interrupt a channel such as Malzahar's Nether Grasp or Fiddlesticks's Drain.
- Lulu excels at supporting initiation: attach Pix to a tank, then Whimsy them to allow them to move into range of the enemy quickly and fire off a Glitterlance to slow much of the enemy team.
- Using Whimsy at rank five on Lulu will allow her to grant 30 additional health with Wild Growth, deal 30 extra damage with Glitterlance, and add 36 damage or shield strength to Help, Pix!.
- A single rank Whimsy makes Lulu quite mobile, allowing for ganks or wards depending on her build.
- Use Help, Pix! on stealthing enemychampions like Akali or Twitch to keep them revealed.
- Use Help, Pix! on high attack speed allied champions such as Master Yi, Fiora, or Evelynn as they will strongly benefit from the passive.
- Wild Growth has many uses. It can enhance an already disruptive tank with its knockup and slow, make a bruiser virtually impossible to peel off an enemy carry, or even protect a carry of your own. In lane, it can make ganks from champions with a leap or dash ability deadly, or be used to escape enemy ganks. In general, it should be used early and often as its cooldown is far shorter than most ultimates.
- Wild Growth does not grab turret or minion aggro when used on an allied champion, knocking up surrounding enemy champions. Thus it can be safely used within turret range.
- Wild Growth isn't affected by healing reduction because it will increase health, not restore it.
- Wild Growth is especially useful when used in conjunction with Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity, as it solves her inability to stick to her target.
- Wild Growth synergizes especially well with AoE ultimates, trapping enemy champions in the AoE for massively increased damage. Some of these ultimates are Crowstorm, Soul Shackles, and Cannon Barrage.
- Use Whimsy to help allies escape dangerous situations. Casting Whimsy on them or on the enemy will make for an easier getaway.
Build Usage Edit
- Lulu's abilities have a good base but scale only moderately well with Ability Power. And since much of her effectiveness comes from enabling and disabling others, Cooldown Reduction will allow you to be more effective than getting straight AP.
- At 40% cooldown, you can constantly keep Help, Pix! on an ally.
- Lulu can easily support other champions from the back, leading her to use aura items.
- helps Lulu sustain herself and her magic-using allies.
- gives you a bit of health, a good dose of Cooldown Reduction and also grants your AD allies bonus attack damage and life steal.
- will increase the effectiveness of Help, Pix! and Wild Growth on both you and your allies.
- The active effect of synergies well with Wild Growth.
- Even though would increase the damage from Pix, Faerie Companion, staying close to enemies is harder than getting close to an ally.
- Lulu can be built as a burst mage, the main point being to burst using Help, Pix! then Glitterlance, making sure to back off after each cast.
- Use and cast Help, Pix!and Glitterlance once it ends, you can use Wild Growth if your opponent is too close and your skills are still on cooldown.
- Get to increase the damage of the first Help, Pix! and Glitterlance. With this item, the first Help, Pix! and Glitterlance combo should be able to deal around 40% more damage (with the 15% health damage).
- is an obvious choice here, but prioritize as Lulu is really squishy and the active can be used to lose focus.
- Since Pix, Faerie Companion adds a lot of damage per attack, you can build Lulu as an Attack Speed carry much like Teemo, With items like and .
- , and are good items for hybrid attack speed/support.
- Lulu's should get some AP in late game as her ability bases start to slip off at that point.
- does not allow Pix, Faerie Companion to strike multiple enemies whether Lulu or the target of Help, Pix! has it.
Recommended builds Edit
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline!|
- reduces both her disables, as well as her damage output, making it an ideal item.
- Lulu does not have a very high natural damage output, so when alone or focused, she'll die quickly without much retaliation.
- However, Lulu has a much higher damage output than most other support champions. Don't completely ignore her in team fights.
- Despite Lulu's strong crowd control, poke, and peeling power, she lacks any form of sustain of keeping the AD carry alive and her abilities are mana intensive. Therefore, support champions with healing like Sona, Soraka, and Nami are able to stay in lane much longer.
- Lulu true power comes from the catastrophic amount of CC she can apply, and as such, is completly dependent on her teamates, at the same time, she doesn't scale very well into the late game, due to her medium ratios, but remains as a powerful disabling threat.
- In lane, Lulu will often harass heavily with her Glitterlance. Unlike many piercing skillshots, standing behind minions will not mitigate the damage, so moving erratically can help mitigate damage taken.
- Lulu has no consistent heal, so poking at her or her lane partner will chop down their health or waste her mana trying to shield them.
- Lulu has a mediocre autoattack damage early game (44.4), this is due to Pix having very low base damage , but quickly scales as she levels up , don't fear to exchange autoattacks with Lulu, as champions usually have a high magic resist early game (Pix will barely deal about 5.5 damage at level one)
- Be wary that Pix becomes a threat if Lulu has build a lot of attack speed , by level 17 Pix adds a huge 105 damage ,rebember that champions usually dont have much MR by late game unless they have build on it, so be careful
- Wait for Lulu to use Whimsy before trying to use any channeled abilities or heading into the fight. This leaves her without the polymorph or speed and ability power buff, and allows your team to fight without disruption. Whimsy has a fairly high cooldown, especially at earlier ranks, meaning you have a good amount of time to fight before Lulu can use it again.
- Lulu is deadly for ganks as a combination of Glitterlance, Whimsy and Wild Growth will leave you in an extremely crippled condition.
- When she and her lane partner hit level 6 it can be very hard to beat them in a 2v2 situacion as Wild Growth delivers a devastating disable and massivly heals her target.
- This ability has a very severe mana cost , if highly harrased pre-level 6 Lulu will have problems properly using the ability
- Lulu is an excellent baiter due to Wild Growth; be very careful about diving or committing to kill her if she has the ability up.
- Watch out for Help, Pix! as Glitterlance's second bolt will fire from Pix's position, meaning that Lulu can pick up an unexpected kill on you or a nearby ally if she tags you or a nearby champion/minion with it.
- Despite Lulu being squishy, she is extremely hard to catch , as she will escape with Whimsy, slow you with Glitterlance, prevent some damage with Help, Pix! and if you get too close she will send you flying with Wild Growth.
- Try to get Lulu to waste her ultimate without her team initiating. If Lulu uses Wild Growth in conjunction with a great initiating champion such as Malphite or Maokai, your team will be locked up for a few seconds.
- If she does use it, be careful of what you do next.
- While the knock up, health, and slow are disruptive, they don't hurt your team much after the initial knock up, so staying and fighting may be a good option if you can take out the champion before Lulu can shield them or give them the ability power and speed buff from Whimsy.
- If you have to run, beware of the slows from Wild Growth and Glitterlance. If you get slowed by both of them, a polymorph from Whimsy may take you out if Lulu's team is nearby. Also keep in mind that Help, Pix! extends Glitterlance's range, making it a very effective chasing tool if she attaches it to you or a nearby champion/minion.
- Finally, remember that Help, Pix! reveals a tagged enemy champion until Pix leaves, making it impossible to juke through bushes or past corners for the duration of the debuff.
- If she does use it, be careful of what you do next.
Champion Spotlight EditLulu Champion Spotlight(06:49)