Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Playing As Lux
- Lux has great zone control abilities. Try to set up Lucent Singularity to prevent an enemy's advance or escape.
- If you have trouble landing Prismatic Barrier, remember that it returns to you after it reaches max range. Try positioning yourself to hit your allies with its return trip.
- Lucent Singularity is a great scouting tool. Try throwing it into brush before walking into it to check for ambushes.
- Playing Against Lux
- Lux has powerful zone control abilities. Try to spread out and attack from different directions so she cannot lock down a specific area.
- When retreating with low health, be prepared to dodge Lux's Final Spark, a red targeting beam fires prior to the main beam, so try to move to the side if possible.
- Ability Usage
- Use Light Binding to set up your combo. The standard combo is to land Light Binding, followed by placing Lucent Singularity on top of the victim, then using Final Spark. Follow it up with an autoattack, detonate Lucent Singularity, then autoattack again. This combo is usually more than enough to vaporize a squishy target, and will take a fair chunk out of a tank as well.
- Illumination is the key to maximizing Lux's damage output. Attempt to weave autoattacks in between ability casts whenever possible.
- At the second and third rank, Final Spark has a very low cooldown. Don't be afraid to use it to secure kills and poke away at enemies if you are sure you will not have a better opportunity within the next minute or so.
- Lux has very long range. Use this to harass and poke your enemies from safety, and stay far enough behind your frontline to ensure your safety. She is very squishy, so pay close attention to your positioning.
- Fights in tight areas like the jungle severely favor Lux. Her area of effect abilities are significantly harder to avoid, and the tendency of champions to line up while pathing through narrow pathways increases the odds of her ultimate hitting multiple champions.
- When fleeing, throw Prismatic Barrier in the direction you are moving. This will cause the projectile to come back to you and refresh the shield sooner.
- Final Spark gives vision before it fires. You can use it to see if the enemy team is attempting to do Baron Nashor or Dragon. Additionally, non-stealthed enemies will be briefly revealed after they are hit.
- Lux has strong waveclear and can push aggressively. However, be wary of overextending, as she has low mobility and may have a hard time escaping ganks, especially if she misses her Light Binding.
- Lux can also be played as an aggressive support. Her long range allows her to harass the enemy marksman and support from relative safety, and her high utility is invaluable when setting up or escaping from ganks. Her passive has synergy with and it's related items, as triggering her passive will allow her to steal extra gold and deal damage simultaneously.
- Mastery Usage
- passive, the autoattack, and the spell all count as separate attacks. This serves as excellent harassment during the laning stage, and a substantial addition of damage during the mid and late game. is almost certainly the best mastery if you plan on building ability power. Hitting an enemy with a spell and triggering your passive will also trigger , as your
- Final Spark's cooldown will be 27.5 seconds, enough to use it as a poke ability. will help Lux maximize her cooldown reduction. At max rank and cooldown reduction,
- will help Lux sustain her mana pool in lane, allowing her to keep up the aggression in the early game.
- Item Usage
- Starting a Lux has very high mana costs and, with most opponents, she will be out of range to be taking much damage. over a is recommended.
- Lux is very mana-hungry and she has long cooldowns. is an essential item to sustain her mana, and reaching 45% cooldown reduction with the mastery is recommended. Her survivability and damage output both rely on it.
- Lux's passive and gives her mana and cooldown reduction, but making effective use of it can be dangerous, as it requires her to close into autoattack range. Determine how you like to play her - as a long-range caster, or a deadly kiter - before you commit to this item. has incredible synergy with
- Alternatively, serves as a good defensive option and also gives cooldown reduction.
- Lux, as she has low base movement speed and she benefits substantially from the passive that enhances her area damage. is good buy on
- Light Binding is an immobilization skill, and Lucent Singularity's slow lingers slightly after it detonates, rendering useless. and are not recommended. Lux is a strong burst mage, and does not rely on sustained damage, so does not add very much.
- As an ability power carry, is an essential buy.
- Many enemies have magic resistance that increases as they level up. Buying a Lux's attacks deal significantly more damage. as a last or second-to-last item will help
- provides some AP, CDR, mana regen, and increases the strength of your shields. It also gives shielded allies some additional attack speed and magic damage on hit. Shielding your whole team with this effect can help secure an objective/tower, or turn the tide of a teamfight.
- Do not bunch up against Lux. This makes you an easy target for her area of effect abilities.
- Light Binding can hit a second enemy behind the first, with no reduction in damage or root duration. Be wary of hiding behind lone minions or traveling in pairs.
- Illumination deals a fair amount of damage at all stages of the game. If possible, retreat after being hit to allow the debuff to wear off.
- Lux is extremely squishy and all her abilities are skillshots. Champions who have high mobility will have an easier time eliminating her, provided they can dodge her attacks.
- Ambushing Lux will decrease the likelihood of her kiting and keeping you out of range of her. However, be wary if she has teammates nearby, as her Light Binding and Lucent Singularity will likely lock you down long enough for them to follow up.
- Keep in mind that abilities like Braum's Unbreakable and Yasuo's Wind Wall will block all of Lux's basic abilities, but not her ultimate.
- Lux's Final Spark deals the same damage to all enemies caught in it - hiding behind minions or other champions will not protect you.
- Lux has a good chance of surviving tower dives, or at least netting a kill or two in return. Ensure her Light Binding is on cooldown before you commit to a dive.
- Lux deals mainly magic damage. Itemize accordingly.