Make sure to stock up on some Poro-snax as we vote, discuss and recap all the things that happened this year in League.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Lux was designed by Shurelia.
- Lux has an unusual Champion Spotlight: Shurelia herself explains how Lux and her abilities works as well as giving out pointers.
- "Lux" is the Latin word for "light". It is also the SI unit of luminance and luminous emittance per unit.
- One of her abilites was named Luminance Fräulein before. ("Fraeulein" (or Fräulein) means "young woman" in German.)
- Lux is the third champion, after Katarina and Ezreal, to be announced and then have their model re-imagined before it went live.
- Lux's design, along with her ultimate, her joke, and her skins draw heavy inspiration from
, the Ordinary Magician, of .
- Lux's joke about being an ordinary mage corresponds with Touhou 7 (Perfect Cherry Blossom), where Marisa says "Me? No, I'm just an ordinary magician" when accused of being a light magician.
- Lux's quote "I never think about losing." is a reference to Touhou 5 (Mystic Square), where Marisa states she never thinks about losing.
- Lux's penchant for mimicking spells on sight described in the lore is similar to Marisa's tendency to steal moves from other characters as well.
- Lux's ultimate Final Spark was originally named Finales Funkeln, which is German and translates to "Final Sparkle".
- It had been renamed Infinite Light in V188.8.131.52. Due to community demand, the ability was again renamed to Final Spark in V184.108.40.206.
- Both the former and the current name is a reference to Marisa Kirisame's upgraded spellcard called Final Spark.
- This ability also bears close resemblance to Final Flash, an ability used by Vegeta in Dragonball Z. They both begin charging this ability with their arms pointing out to the side, and finish it with their arms pointing forward. The names and shapes of the abilities are also similar.
- Lux was announced in the Journal of Justice: Volume 1, Issue 06 prior to her official announcement.
- Lux and Swain used to have the most amount of jokes, both at 4. Until getting surpassed by Vi who has 5. After Garen received his VU, he surpassed all champions with a grand total of 6.
- Lux has the lowest Base Health out of all Champions, 345 HP with +79 growth.
- Lux's taunt about power levels is a reference to the manga/anime Dragon Ball Z.
- Lux's taunt "In the name of Demacia, I will punish you!", is a reference to the manga/anime .
- Lux's movement quote "I love it when a plan comes together" is a reference to the Colonel Hannibal Smith's favorite catchphrase.
- Lux's joke "Double rainbow? What does it mean...?" and the follow up joke "Well, a 'double rainbow'..." is a reference to a well-known YouTube video where a man severely overreacts to seeing a double rainbow.
- In the Polish client, Lux's joke "Light? I carry it in myself." is a reference to a line from a Polish song "Light, you carry it in yourself" and is sung in the same melody.
- The quote "Shhh! I'm charging my laser..." is a reference to the Shoop Da Whoop meme.
- The splash art for Sorceress Lux resembles the character from the Touhou Project, when Marisa is shown in her navy-blue dress and riding a broom (or a vine) in memorable versions. Also in the splash art of the Sorceress skin, Lux is in front of a full-moon, likely a reference to Touhou 8 (Imperishable Night), the first game in the series to have clearly depicted Marisa on a broom, where the story revolved around retrieving stolen full-moon. Also, since Touhou 7.5 (Immaterial and Missing Power), despite being chronoligally first, was released after Touhou 8, the latter is the first released game of the series featuring Marisa's Final Spark spellcard.
- It is another reference to Marisa Kirisame, who also steals spells. This is also a reference to the Rylai Crestfal from Dota, who was initially supposed to be kind of a spellthief, that would look that way.
- Imperial Lux is likely a homage to the Star Wars universe; bearing a strong similarity to Admiral Dodonna of .
- She is often compared to the visual look of Street Fighter's M. Bison who has a fairly similar appearance.
- Commando Lux possibly is a reference to the Imperial Guard of the series.
- She shares this theme with Garen, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao and Galio.
- At the left side of Steel Legion Lux splash's background, it shows furnace(s) similar to those of the Emberworks, a dungeon from the game .
- She shares this theme with Garen.
- Lux is Garen's younger sister.
- One of the Howling Abyss shopkeepers, Lyte, hints that Ezreal has a secret relationship with Lux.
- According to the new League of Legends webpage, Lux is listed as Fiora's rival.