|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Lux was designed by Shurelia.
- Lux has an unusual Champion Spotlight: Shurelia herself explains how Lux and her abilities works as well as giving out pointers.
- "Lūx" is the Latin word for "(the/a) light". It is also the SI unit of luminance and luminous emittance per unit.
- One of her abilites was named Luminance Fräulein before. ("Fraeulein" (or Fräulein) means "young woman" in German.)
- Lux is the third champion, after Katarina and Ezreal, to be announced and then have their model re-imagined before it went live.
- Lux was announced in the Journal of Justice: Volume 1, Issue 06 prior to her official announcement.
- Lux's ultimate Final Spark was originally named Finales Funkeln, which is German and translates to "Final Sparkle".
- It had been renamed Infinite Light in V22.214.171.124. Due to community demand, the ability was again renamed to Final Spark in V126.96.36.199.
- Both the former and current names are references to Marisa Kirisame's upgraded spellcard called Final Spark.
- This ability also bears close resemblance to Final Flash, an ability used by Vegeta in Dragonball Z. They both begin charging this ability with their arms pointing out to the side, and finish it with their arms pointing forward. The names and shapes of the abilities are also similar.
- Lux and Swain used to have the most amount of jokes, both at 4. Until getting surpassed by Vi who has 5. After Garen received his VU, he surpassed all champions with a grand total of 6.
- Lux's design, along with her ultimate, her joke, and her skins draw heavy inspiration from
, the Ordinary Magician, of .
- Lux's penchant for mimicking spells on sight described in the lore is similar to Marisa's tendency to steal moves from other characters as well.
- Lux's joke about being an ordinary mage corresponds with Touhou 7 (Perfect Cherry Blossom), where Marisa says "Me? No, I'm just an ordinary magician" when accused of being a light magician.
- Lux's quote "I never think about losing." is a reference to Touhou 5 (Mystic Square), where Marisa states she never thinks about losing.
- Lux's taunt about power levels is a reference to the manga/anime Dragon Ball Z.
- Lux's taunt "In the name of Demacia, I will punish you!", is a reference to the manga/anime .
- Lux's movement quote "I love it when a plan comes together" is a reference to the Colonel Hannibal Smith's favorite catchphrase.
- Lux's joke "Double rainbow? What does it mean...?" and the follow up joke "Well, a 'double rainbow'..." is a reference to a well-known YouTube video where a man severely overreacts to seeing a double rainbow.
- In the Polish client, Lux's joke "Light? I carry it in myself." is a reference to a line from a Polish song "Light, you carry it in yourself" and is sung in the same melody.
- The quote "Shhh! I'm charging my laser..." is a reference to the Shoop Da Whoop meme.
- The splash art for Sorceress Lux resembles the character from the Touhou Project, when Marisa is shown in her navy-blue dress and riding a broom (or a vine) in memorable versions. Also in the splash art of the Sorceress skin, Lux is in front of a full-moon, likely a reference to Touhou 8 (Imperishable Night), the first game in the series to have clearly depicted Marisa on a broom, where the story revolved around retrieving stolen full-moon. Also, since Touhou 7.5 (Immaterial and Missing Power), despite being chronoligally first, was released after Touhou 8, the latter is the first released game of the series featuring Marisa's Final Spark spellcard.
- It is another reference to Marisa Kirisame, who also steals spells.
- This is also a reference to Jaina Proudmoore's appearance in Warcraft III.
- Imperial Lux is likely a homage to the Star Wars universe; bearing a strong similarity to Admiral Dodonna of .
- She is often compared to the visual look of Street Fighter's M. Bison who has a fairly similar appearance.
- Commando Lux possibly is a reference to the Imperial Guard of the series.
- She shares this theme with Garen, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao and Galio.
- At the left side of Steel Legion Lux splash's background, it shows furnace(s) similar to those of the Emberworks, a dungeon from the game .
She shares this theme with Garen.
- This skin is a reference to the magical girl genre of anime, possibly referencing:
- from the franchise (the style of her clothes and more), and
- from the franchise (her transformed staff and the star thematic).
- Her dance is a reference to the end theme of here. , a side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Her recall is a reference to the Sailor Moon transformation, as seen here.
- All this skin references can be seen in Lux Reference Video. Recall and Dance comparison included.
- Lux is Garen's younger sister.
- It is widely assumed that Lux is in a relationship with Ezreal, though this has been kept secret from the public eye.
- According to the new League of Legends webpage, Lux is listed as Fiora's rival.
- Related Themes