|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- The long range of Lux's abilities allow her to zone and generally counter short-ranged champions.
- If you hit an enemy with Light Binding, throw a Lucent Singularity but do not detonate it until you land an autoattack. This will allow you to ignite two Illumination charges for extra damage.
- Lux can be deceptively durable using Prismatic Barrier. This allows her to stay alive in team fights much longer than expected.
- Use Prismatic Barrier in teamfights, granting your entire team a strong absorption shield.
- On cast, Prismatic Barrier will instantly cast the shield on you, and when the rod returns it resets the shield on yourself. When running, cast Prismatic Barrier in the direction you are running. This way, you will be shielded twice, faster.
- Lucent Singularity provides sight. Use it to check bushes or gank spots before approaching to prevent an unnecessary death.
- Use Lucent Singularity then auto attack , then while your auto attack is in the air detonate the spell. That way you can get the Illumination passive to detonate right after.
- The combination of the long range slow of Lucent Singularity and Final Spark can decimate fleeing enemies.
- Using Final Spark to hit enemies who are attempting to Dragon or Baron Nashor may allow you to scare them or even kill steal the Dragon kill or the Baron buff. Similarly, it can be used to finish off the monster when your team is attempting the kill.
- If Lux is used on the map Twisted Treeline, her ability Final Spark from the middle brush can target enemies at the tower. This gives Lux and her team an advantage in lane control.
- It is advised for Lux not to get into a close-up fight, as her low movement speed, long cooldowns, and relative fragility will work against her. Stay behind your teammates and spam spells into fights from afar to stay out of harm's way.
- Lux benefits from cooldown reduction more than most champions, as her spells are on a longer cooldown than most caster champions. Try obtaining the Ancient Golem buff to use Final Spark as an effective poke ability.
- Having a strong map control or Clairvoyance is an effective way to see enemies in the fog of war, allowing for well placed/timed Final Spark on low health enemies or epic monsters.
- Final Spark is great for clearing large amounts of creeps in a lane, and harassment in lategame due to its ridiculously short cooldown.
- Feel free to use Final Spark just to shave off some of your opponents' HP, due to its low cooldown and high damage output.
- At 40% cooldown reduction Lux can perform it every 30 seconds , which is so low that she can use it to soften up enemies in a teamfight and then finish off any escaping opponent
- The damage of her ultimate Final Spark extends slightly past the targeting icon, but enemies will likely dodge it if they are at the very edge.
- The most common damage dealing combo that Lux can use is ( Light Binding > auto attack > Lucent Singularity > Final Spark > autoattack)
- Lux can easily punish enemies who overextend or chase her down by kiting as it's easy to have them go through your Lucent Singularity especially in the jungle, will make it easy for you to use Light Binding and your Final Spark right after for damage which will either scare them off, finish them, or burst down their hp enough for your team to finish them.
- It is stronly suggested to use smart cast as Lux requires fast initiation of spells to pull of her whole combo.
- Lux is a burst mage with a fair amount of team utility. For optimal utility, build ability power and cooldown reduction, coupled with enough mana/mana regen.
- Ability power simply improves the strength of all of Lux's abilities. The primary item of choice for this is .
- The most potent damage items for Lux include , and . Flat ability power increase both her damage and utility due to her shield scaling.
- An early source of mana regeneration is crucial due to the spammy nature of her abilities.
- into provides mana regen into late game, in addition to a large chunk of cooldown reduction.
- into , or into increases both your mana pool and survivability.
- Athene's is the most efficient choice due to its stats, Archangel's lacks powerful mana regeneration, and Rod of Ages should be incorporated into a defensive build
- As and lack cooldown reduction, they can be coupled with a .
- is an important item while getting to the later phases of the game. Enemies naturally gain magic resist as they level, and after a certain point they are able to brush off Lux's attacks. Penetration helps to make her spells hit harder and closer to true damage.
- An is a great way to cap out your cooldown reduction, while also granting a fair amount for ability power for 3 minutes.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- All of Lux's spells are skillshots, so move erratically to avoid her spells.
- Avoiding Lux's Light Binding is critical for your survival as it easier for her to land her full combo ( Light Binding»» Lucent Singularity > Final Spark) on you.
- Remember that unlike Dark Binding, Light Binding will snare an additional enemy behind the first target.
- Starting with will can help you dodge skill shots by moving faster away or out of them.
- When fleeing with low health, do not move in a straight line, in order to avoid her Final Spark.
- Final Spark has a red indicator that indicates where the ability is cast, even in fog of war. Use this to your advantage.
- Even though Final Spark has a long but limited range, the spell animation is nearly instant, unlike Ezreal's Trueshot Barrage.
- Be careful when you have the Illumination debuff on while Lux fires Final Spark as you will receive both the damage proc from the Illumination and the laser itself.
- Move away from Lux until the Illumination debuff wears off to reduce the damage you will take.
- Do not run in a straight line when running away from or chasing Lux. It is best to sidestep to avoid her Lucent Singularity or Light Binding.
- Prismatic Barrier does not do any damage, thus you do not need to dodge it. However, be ready to dodge Lux's other skills.
- Due to the small and narrow paths in the jungle, Lux's spells become more than likely to land, enabling her to fully use her combo, which can devastate any carries or squishies.
- This also becomes a problem / advantage in team fights that occur in these areas. Lux can easily deal massive damage to enemies who stand in a line.
- Lux's Prismatic Barrier is also more than likely to hit, shielding all her allies which will cause a large problem / advantage, preventing a large amount of DPS dealt to her team.
- Lux is generally countered by champions that can survive her burst and chase her/close the distance, such as Wukong.
- Lux is a skill shot based champion. Though her abilities move rather quickly, it is still possible to dodge them. However, Final Spark fires instantly; using flash to escape being hit by this may be necessary.