|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Malphite was designed by Coronach.
- When Malphite uses his Ground Slam attack, he leaves a glowing imprint of the Riot Games logo.
- Malphite is one of the few champions to actually have multiple textures per skin. When his passive Granite Shield breaks, he appears to be molten underneath until the passive recharges, which reverts him to normal; and when he activates Brutal Strikes, his body and arms glow.
- Malphite's original cost was 3150 , but was lowered to 1350 on April 12, 2011.
- Malphite's dance resembles called Ginga. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here .
- Malphite's Brutal Strikes is the only physical damage ability in the game that scales with AP but does not scale with AD.
- However, it also scales with armor.
- Malphite comes from another world called the Monolith. It is a place of perfect harmony, where all of its denizens are but singular pieces of a whole.
- In his previous lore, Malphite meditated near the caverns surrounding the Institute of War.
- His joke "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is an idiom, where you're either in a difficult position or have to make an unpleasant choice.
- This skin may have been inspired by the famous Blarney Stone in Ireland.
- This skin may have been inspired by the Destroyers of .
- Marble Malphite may have been influenced by the zone Nagrand.
- This skin may be a reference to Ymir, an primeval figure in Norse mythology sometimes associated with ice.
- He shares this theme with Olaf.
- Mecha Aatrox can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- His appearance may be a reference to , , or .
- When he recalls he transforms into a giant drill machine, similar to Labyrinth Tank from the series.
- During a game against Mecha Aatrox, Mecha Malphite can take on a battle damaged appearance when his passive is down.
- He shares this theme with Kha'Zix and Aatrox. This being referred to as Prototype 06 by Heimerdinger is probably a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion Series.
- This skin was previously teased within the splash art of Bilgewater Bountry Hunter skins. His flag can be seen behind the wooden doors, now of which have been brought down revealing Ironside Malphite.
- When he uses Ground Slam, an image of The Mother Serpent of Bilgewater can be seen on the ground.
- He shares this theme with Aatrox, Garen, and Quinn (Bilgewater Bounty Hunters).
- When he recalls, he will fire cannons on his back towards the sky.
- Though he disagrees with Maokai's view of life as a curse, Malphite stated that he is "... proud to call the Twisted Treant my ally", suggesting that the two elementals get along quite well, despite their differences.
- Related Themes