|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Malphite was designed by Coronach.
- Malphite has a great resemblance with Tiny from the Dota series.
- When Malphite uses his Ground Slam attack, he leaves a glowing imprint of the Riot Games logo.
- Malphite is one of the few champions to actually have multiple textures per skin. When his passive Granite Shield breaks, he appears to be molten underneath until the passive recharges, which reverts him to normal; and when he activates Brutal Strikes, his body and arms glow.
- Malphite's original cost was 3150 , but was lowered to 1350 on April 12, 2011.
- Malphite's dance resembles called Ginga. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here .
- His joke "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is an idiom, where you're either in a difficult position or have to make an unpleasant choice.
- This skin may have been inspired by the famous Blarney Stone in Ireland.
- This skin may have been inspired by the Destroyers of .
- Marble Malphite may have been influenced by the zone Nagrand.
- This skin may be a reference to Ymir, an primeval figure in Norse mythology sometimes associated with ice.
- His appearance may be a reference to , , or .
- When he recalls he transforms into a giant drill machine, similar to Labyrinth Tank from the series.
- Heimerdinger and Ziggs can be seen in the background of the skins splash art, possibly the ones that created the "Jaeger" Malphite.
- He shares this theme with Kha'Zix and Aatrox. This being referred to as Prototype 06 by Heimerdinger is probably a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion Series.
- During a game against Mecha Aatrox, Mecha Malphite can take on a battle damaged appearance when his passive is down.
- Malphite comes from another world called the Monolith. It is a place of perfect harmony, where all of its denizens are but singular pieces of a whole.
- Though he disagrees with Maokai's view of life as a curse, Malphite stated that he is "... proud to call the Twisted Treant my ally", suggesting that the two elementals get along quite well, despite their differences.
- Malphite meditates near the caverns surrounding the Institute of War.