|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Malphite was designed by Coronach.
- When Malphite uses his Ground Slam attack, he leaves a glowing imprint of the Riot Games logo.
- Malphite is one of the few champions to actually have multiple textures per skin. When his passive Granite Shield breaks, he appears to be molten underneath until the passive recharges, which reverts him to normal; and when he activates Brutal Strikes, his body and arms glow.
- Malphite's original cost was 3150 , but was lowered to 1350 on April 12, 2011.
- Malphite's dance resembles called Ginga. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here .
- His joke "Caught between a rock and a hard place" is an idiom, where you're either in a difficult position or have to make an unpleasant choice.
- Shamrock Malphite may have been inspired by the famous Blarney Stone in Ireland.
- Obsidian Malphite may have been inspired by the Destroyers of .
- Marble Malphite may have been influenced by the zone Nagrand.
- Glacial Malphite may be a reference to Ymir, an primeval figure in Norse mythology sometimes associated with ice.
- Malphite comes from another world called the Monolith. It is a place of perfect harmony, where all of its denizens are but singular pieces of a whole.
- Though he disagrees with Maokai's view of life as a curse, Malphite stated that he is "... proud to call the Twisted Treant my ally", suggesting that the two elementals get along quite well, despite their differences.
- Malphite meditates near the caverns surrounding the Institute of War.