|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Malzahar was designed by Ezreal.
- Malzahar is voiced by .
- Before his official announcement, he was named Al'Zahar on the Public Test Realm.
- Malzahar was the only Champion who caused malfunctions on the Public Test Realm due to its changes.
- Malzahar's backstory is perhaps a reference to from the Necronomicon, who became a prophet of Cthulhu after being compelled by visions to walk through the Arabian desert without any supplies.
- His /dance is a direct reference to here .
famous "Can't Touch This" dance. A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Malzahar's voidling now dances when Malzahar dances, as of the mid-July Patch 2012.
- He is one of the few champions in the league to have a pet, along with Annie, Elise, Heimerdinger, Mordekaiser, Shaco and Yorick
- His Call of the Void curves inwardly towards the center of the spawn on The Crystal Scar, making an X shape.
- It may be a reference to the franchise.
- It is a reference to a title often held in Middle-Eastern governments, following his Middle-Eastern themes.
- It is an alternative spelling reference of . In Middle Eastern culture and Islamic mythology, the (d)jinn are fire spirits similar to angels who rebelled against Allah (God) in ancient times. The English word 'genie' is a corruption of the singular form of '(d)jinn', '(d)jinni'; the genies of modern pop culture are loosely based on these folk tales.
- It may be a reference to the video game franchise. His voidling represents the minions that serve The Overlord with their armor on.
- It may be a reference to the Scrin faction from the Command and Conquer franchise. The voidling resembles the Disintegrator unit and the name of skin appears to be a reference to the being who appears only as a voice and a name in the campaign.
- Malzahar commands an army of Void Poros, as indicated in his splash art.
- It was released as a 2014 Snowdown skin, but since has been sent to the Legacy vault.
- He shares this theme with Singed and Ziggs.
- Malzahar is from the Shurima Desert and was born a Seer, blessed with the gift of foresight. His talent, though unrefined, promised to be one of Runeterra's greatest boons. Despite being born in Shurima, he is not associated with the state and it's affairs.
- Malzahar traveled to Icathia and saw visions of Void creatures consuming Runeterra. Believing this as an inevitable fate, Malzahar now serves the Void.
- Malzahar was the one who enticed Kog'Maw into joining the League.
- Malzahar is the prophet of a growing subculture of Void cultists.
- Malzahar wishes for Kassadin to join forces with him. In Zaun, Malzahar tricked Kassadin into sending his daughter into the Void.