- Playing As
- Wait to cast until there are nearby enemies for the to attack, and you have built up stacks with your .
- Use and to renew the duration of on enemies.
- Avoiding damage in lane maximizes the uptime on , increasing Malzahar's safety dramatically.
- During early gameplay, use
to farm and kill minions. This allows to restore mana, helping you to sustain in lane and also spread to the next minion.
- deal higher damage to lane minions affected with . This allows you to get the last hits more frequently.
- Playing Against
- When Malzahar hits an ability on enemies affected by , the are refreshed.
- Avoid minion waves that have been affected by . You never know when they may die and pass the onto you.
- Malzahar is especially dangerous while he has on the map.
- Ability Usage
- Abuse the CC immunity and damage reduction while it lasts. Killing your lane enemy helps to refresh the passive if you're not good at avoiding damage.
- Silences foes and makes them unable to cast abilities. Also deals a nice amount of burst damage during late game.
- Casting your burst combo in the order > > gives you three Voidlings and a DoT effect to work with. or is helpful here to force the enemy into taking the full brunt of the ability damage.
- Good for farming. Restores mana per unit kill so it may be used to clear minion waves in combination with other abilities.
- Allows Malzahar to partially control his by redirecting their focus.
- Use it when you're enemy is getting away to force them to take all the damage you're pouring out on them using your sustained damage combos. That way, they are unable to run away without the use of a .
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Malzahar's ultimate
is the perfect skill to melt down enemy champions. The best way to counter this move is to remove the CC:
- (and therefore ) are the best direct counters to suppression.
- can prevent Malzahar players from summoning their ultimate on you. While this does not guarantee that you have activated when Malzahar ults you, it can still provide Magic Resistant.