Mana is the resource of some champions necessary to cast most of his/her abilities. The mana pool is represented by a blue bar below the green health bar and two numbers ( # / # ) in the middle of it. The first one is your current amount of mana and the second refers to the maximum amount you can store. Mana regenerates over time and this rate can be increased with masteries and items.
The following champions do not use mana and are referred to as manaless:
- Dr. Mundo
- Lee Sin
Mana as scaling
- Blitzcrank's Mana Barrier (scales off of current mana, not maximum)
- Evelynn's Shadow Walk
- Kassadin's Riftwalk
- Ryze's Overload, Rune Prison, and Spell Flux
- Singed's Empowered Bulwark
- Soraka's Infuse
- increases your ability power by 3% of your maximum mana.
- restores 12% of your maximum mana on kill or assist.
- increases your ability power by 3% of your maximum mana. Drains 20% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount for 3 seconds.
- and increase your attack damage by 2% of your maximum mana. Toggle: Your single target spells and attacks (on hit) consume 3% of your current mana to deal twice that amount as physical damage.
Ways to restore mana
A champion's mana can be restored in several ways:
- Mana regeneration
- Using a or .
- Returning to the spawning pool, which restores a percentage of your maximum mana per second.
- Having the Crest of the Ancient Golem buff, which can be obtained by slaying the Ancient Golem or by slaying an enemy champion that has the buff.
- Having Exalted with Baron Nashor buff, which is obtained by slaying Baron Nashor.
- The passive effect of and .
- Using Clarity.
- Slaying a monster that has Healing Sigil ( Wolf, Wraith and Golem).
- Killing a unit while in possession of at least one .
- Obtaining kill or assist when possessing .
- Picking up a Health Relic on the Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline or Howling Abyss.
Abilities which restore mana
- Annie's Disintegrate refunds the mana cost if it kills the target.
- Cho'Gath's Carnivore restores 3.25 + (0.25 × level) mana per kill.
- Evelynn's Shadow Walk restores 1% of maximum mana every second while the stealth is active.
- Gangplank's Parrrley refunds half the mana cost (25 / 27.5 / 30 / 32.5 / 35) if it kills the target.
- Gragas's Drunken Rage restores 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 mana.
- Irelia's Bladesurge refunds 35 mana if it kills the target.
- Jayce's Lightning Field restores 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 mana per hit.
- Karthus's Defile restores 20 / 27 / 34 / 41 / 48 mana per kill when turned off.
- Kassadin's Nether Blade active restores 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% missing mana on hit. The value quintuples against enemy champions for a maximum of 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% missing mana.
- Malzahar's Malefic Visions restores 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 mana per enemy unit that dies while having this ability on them.
- Sivir's Spell Shield restores 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 mana whenever it successfully blocks an ability.
- Soraka's Infuse restores 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 (+5% maximum mana) mana to an allied unit.
- Swain's Carrion Renewal restores 9 + (1 × level) mana per kill. On a champion kill or assist, he regains an additional 9% of his maximum mana.
- Twisted Fate's Pick a Card will restore 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 mana with a "Blue Card".
- Varus's Piercing Arrow refunds half of its mana cost (25 / 37.5 / 40 / 42.5 / 45) if he fails to fire after four seconds of channeling the ability.
- Veigar's Equilibrium increases mana regeneration by 1% for every percentage of mana missing.
- Xerath's Arcanopulse refunds half of its mana cost (40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60) if he fails to fire after 3 seconds of channeling the ability.
- Xerath's Mana Surge restore 30-195 (27 + / / / / ) mana every 12 seconds on a basic attack. The amount of mana restored is doubled if the attack target is a champion. This does not apply to structures.
- : Unique Passive – Mana Charge: Each time you cast a spell or spend mana, grants ++60 ability power, +10 mana regeneration. Unique Passive – Insight: Gain ability power equal to 3% of your maximum mana. Transforms into / maximum mana (occurs up to 2 times every / seconds). Bonus caps at +750 bonus mana. +250 mana, at +750 mana. 2700 gold.
- : +300 mana, +200 health. Unique Passive: Valor's Reward: On leveling up, restores 150 health and 200 mana over 8 seconds. 1200 gold.
- : +400 mana, +95 armor, +20% cooldown. Unique Passive: Reduces the attack speed of nearby enemies by 20%. (700 range). 2900 gold.
- : +300 mana, +45 armor. Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. 1350 gold.
- : +500 mana, +30 ability power, +70 armor, +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base attack damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 2 seconds that slows enemies inside by 30% (2 second cooldown). 3250 gold.
- : +250 mana, +80 ability power, +5% movement speed. Unique Passive – Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 75% base AD (+ 50% AP). 2 second cooldown. 3000 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Mana Charge: Grants ++20 attack damage, +7 mana regeneration. Unique Passive - Awe: Gain attack damage equal to 2% of your maximum mana. Transforms into / maximum mana (max +750 mana) for each basic attack, spell cast, and mana expenditure (occurs up to 2 times every / seconds). +250 mana, at +750 mana. 2100 gold.
- : +1000 mana, +20 attack damage, +7 mana regeneration. Unique Passive - Awe: Gain attack damage equal to 2% of your maximum mana. Active - Toggle: Single target spells and attacks (on hit) consume 3% of current mana to deal bonus physical damage equal to twice the amount of mana consumed. 2100 gold.
- : +60 ability power. Passive: You gain +2 ability power, +20 health, and +20 mana every +450 health, +450 mana. Unique Passive: On leveling up, restores 150 health and 200 mana over 8 seconds. / (maximum +20 ability power, +200 health, and +200 mana).2800 gold.
- : +200 mana. 400 gold.
- : +1000 mana, +60 ability power, +10 mana regeneration. Unique Passive - Insight: Gain ability power equal to 3% of your maximum mana. Unique Active - Mana Shield: Drains 20% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount plus 150 for 3 seconds (120 second cooldown). 2700 gold.
- : +200 mana, +25 ability power. Unique Passive – Spellblade: On cast, for 10 seconds, your next standard attack deals additional physical damage equal to 100% of your base attack damage. 2 second cooldown. 1200 gold.
- : Unique – Mana Charge: Grants ++7 mana regeneration. / mana (max +750 mana) for each spell cast and mana expenditure. (occurs up to 2 times every / seconds). Gains +1 mana every / seconds. +250 mana, 700 gold.
- : +200 mana, +30 ability power, +30 attack damage, +30% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance, +250 health, +8% movement speed. Unique Passive - Rage: Basic attacks grant 20 movement speed for 2 seconds on hit. Minion, monster, and champion kills grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds. Unique Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus damage equal to 200% of your base attack damage as physical damage. (2 second cooldown). 3703 gold.
- : +350 mana, +350 health, +50 magic resistance. Unique Passive: Reduces and stores 10% of the magic damage dealt to your champion. Unique Active: Deals 200 + stored magic damage (max - 200) to nearby enemy units. 90 second cooldown. (525 Range estimate). 2520 gold.
- Expanded Mind increases your maximum mana by 2 / 3.5 / 5%.
List of champions' mana
|Champion Level||Top 5 champions||Bottom 5 champions|
|Level 1||1. Janna||(366 mana)|| 1. Vayne|
|2. Nami||(348 mana)|| 2. Poppy|
|3. Karma||(340 mana)||3. Warwick||(220 mana)|
|4. Karthus||(331 mana)||4. Evelynn||(222 mana)|
|5. Zilean||(331 mana)||5. Tristana||(225 mana)|
|Level 18||1. Janna||(1454 mana)||1. Poppy||(725 mana)|
|2. Karthus||(1368 mana)||2. Warwick||(730 mana)|
|3. Zilean||(1340 mana)|| 3. Udyr|
| 4. Soraka|
|(1320 mana)||4. Tristana||(769 mana)|
|5. Fiddlesticks||(1313 mana)|| 5. Vayne|
* Manaless champions are not considered in this list.