Mana is the resource of some champions necessary to cast most of his/her abilities. The mana pool is represented by a blue bar below the green health bar and two numbers ( # / # ) in the middle of it. The first one is your current amount of mana and the second refers to the maximum amount you can store. Mana regenerates over time and this rate can be increased with masteries and items.
The following champions do not use mana and are referred to as manaless:
- Champions using health:
- Champions using energy:
- Champions having abilities without cost:
Mana as scaling
- Blitzcrank's Mana Barrier grants a shield that is equal to 50% of current mana health when dropping below 20% maximum health for up to 10 seconds.
- Kassadin's Riftwalk deals 80 / 100 / 120 + (20% AP) + (2% maximum mana) magic damage, up to 240 / 300 / 360 + (60% AP) + (6% maximum mana) magic damage at 4 stacks.
- Ryze's Overload deals 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 / 185 + (45% AP) + (3% bonus mana) magic damage.
- Ryze's Overload grants him a shield that absorbs (+ 60% AP) (+ 3% bonus mana) for 2 seconds if he casts the spell with 2 runes ready.
- Ryze's Rune Prison deals 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 + (20% AP) + (1% bonus mana) magic damage.
- Ryze's Spell Flux deals 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 + (30% AP) + (2% bonus mana) magic damage.
- Singed's Empowered Bulwark grants him bonus health equal to 25% of his maximum mana.
- Viktor's Siphon Power shields himself for 8% maximum mana (+ 15% AP) for up to 2.5 seconds.
- Urgot's Terror Capacitor grants a shield that absorbs up to 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 + (80% AP) + (8% maximum mana) health for up to 5 seconds.
- (3% maximum mana) ability power. grants
- 700 health or 30% of maximum health and 30% of maximum mana 4 seconds after taking lethal damage. restores the greater
- (2% maximum mana) attack damage. grants
- (2% maximum mana) attack damage. Unique Passive – Single target spells and attacks (on hit) on champions consume 3% of current mana to deal 6% of your current mana as physical damage. grants
- (3% maximum mana) ability power. Unique Active – Mana Shield: Drains 20% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount plus 150 for 3 seconds. grants
- 0.3 / 0.6 / 0.9 / 1.2 / 1.5% of missing mana once every 5 seconds. will restore
- 5% of missing health and 5% of missing mana upon killing or assisting on a champion kill. restores
Ways to restore mana
A champion's mana can be restored in several ways:
- Mana regeneration
- Using a or .
- Returning to the spawning pool, which restores a percentage of your maximum mana per second.
- Having the Crest of Insight buff, which can be obtained by slaying the Blue Sentinel or by slaying an enemy champion that has the buff.
- The passive effect of , , and .
- Using .
- Using Blue Sentinel. on
- Slaying a monster that has Healing Sigil ( Ancient Krug, Crimson Raptor, Greater Murk Wolf, Gromp and Rift Scuttler).
- Killing a unit while in possession of at least one .
- Triggering the on-hit effect of .
- Obtaining kill or assist when possessing .
- Obtaining kill or assist while having mastery active.
- Picking up a Health Relic on the Crystal Scar, Twisted Treeline or Howling Abyss
- refunds 15% of the mana spent.
- and (and their upgrades) refund 25% of mana spent.
Abilities which restore mana
- Annie's Disintegrate refunds its mana cost (60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80) if it kills the target.
- Bard's Traveler's Call restores 12% of maximum mana when picking up a chime.
- Cho'Gath's Carnivore restores 3.25 + (0.25 × Cho'Gath's level) mana per kill.
- Cassiopeia's Twin Fang refunds its mana cost (40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80) when it kills the target.
- Darius' Crippling Strike refunds 30 mana if it kills the target.
- Evelynn's Shadow Walk restores 2% of her missing mana every second, after being out of combat for seconds.
- Irelia's Bladesurge refunds 35 mana if it kills the target.
- Jayce's Lightning Field restores 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 mana per hit while in Hammer Stance.
- Karthus' Defile, while toggled off, restores 20 / 27 / 34 / 41 / 48 mana upon killing an enemy.
- Kassadin's Nether Blade active restores 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% of missing mana on hit. The value quintuples against enemy champions for a maximum of 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% of missing mana.
- Malzahar's Malefic Visions restores 2% maximum mana per enemy unit that dies while having this ability on them.
- Sivir's Spell Shield restores 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 mana whenever it successfully blocks an ability.
- Skarner's Crystal Spires restores 2% maximum mana every second while being within range of a Crystal Spire controlled by his team.
- Swain's Carrion Renewal restores 12 + (Swain's level) mana upon killing an enemy or structure, and 9% maximum mana upon champion takedown.
- Twisted Fate's Blue Card restores 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 mana upon hiting an enemy unit or structure with this card.
- Varus' Piercing Arrow refunds half of its mana cost (35 / 37.5 / 40 / 42.5 / 45) if he does not fire after four seconds of channeling the ability.
- Xerath's Mana Surge restores mana every 12 seconds on a basic attack. The amount of mana restored is doubled if the attack target is a champion. This does not apply to structures.
Champion specific items
- Viktor's increases his maximum mana by 10 per level.
increases his maximum mana by 15 per level.
- increases his maximum mana by 20 per level.
- increases his maximum mana by 25 per level.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
(Mana per level)
|Mark||X||X||1.17 per level (21.06)|
|Seal||X||X||1.17 per level (21.06)|
|Glyph||X||X||1.42 per level (25.56)|
|Quintessence||X||X||4.17 per level (75.06)|
List of champions' mana
- Manaless champions are not considered in this list.
|Champion Level||Top 5 champions||Bottom 5 champions|
|Level 1||1. Janna||409.52 mana||1. Vayne||231.8 mana|
|2. Fiddlesticks||400.12 mana||2. Warwick||240.4 mana|
|3. Gragas||400 mana||3. Jinx||245.6 mana|
|4. Kassadin||397.6 mana||4. Tristana||246.76 mana|
|5. Anivia||396.04 mana||5. Master Yi||250.56 mana|
|Level 18||1. Kassadin||1536.6 mana||1. Warwick||750.4 mana|
|2. Janna||1497.52 mana||2. Udyr||780.4 mana|
|3. Karthus||1409.48 mana||3. Tristana||790.76 mana|
|4. Syndra||1404 mana||4. Ashe||824 mana|
|5. Cassiopeia||1395 mana||5. Vayne||826.8 mana|
Champion abilities cost
Ability cost decreasing with rank
Only abilities costing mana
- Darius' Noxian Guillotine
- Lucian's Relentless Pursuit
- Sejuani's Flail of the Northern Winds
- Shaco's Deceive
- Twisted Fate's Destiny
- Udyr's Tiger Stance
Last updated: September 6, 2016 – V6.17
- The maximum attainable mana is Ryze at level 18, thanks to his passive which increases his maximum mana based on his AP. with
- Base stats: +1250 mana
- 5 points in (+15 AP)
- 5 (+5 × (1000 mana + 80 AP))
- 1 (+120 AP)
- Relevant mathematics:
- Ryze's mana before Arcane Mastery = 1250 + 834.3 + 5000 = 7084.3
- Ryze's AP:
- Arcane Mastery's bonus = 5% per 100 AP
- Arcane Mastery's bonus = 2122.03047672 × 5 ÷ 100
- Arcane Mastery's bonus = 106.101523836% maximum mana = 2.06101523836
- Ryze's mana = 7084.3 × 2.06101523836 = 14600.850253113748 mana