Mana regeneration (also known as MP5) is a stat similar to health regeneration which determines the amount of mana a champion regenerates over a five-second period. This happens in half-second intervals.
Each champion that uses mana starts with a certain base rate of mana regeneration, which increases by a small amount at each level-up.
Mana regeneration can be further increased by a variety of items, abilities, runes and neutral buffs. It stacks additively, and each bonus point acquired directly affects its statistic. This is true whether the bonus is a flat value or percentage-based.
- Flat mana regeneration has a gold value of 60 per point.
- Percentage base mana regeneration has a gold value of 5 per point.
Reducing Mana Spent
The following will restore mana when triggering an effect:
- and its upgrades ( , ) quest reward.
- and its upgrades ( , , )
- Leveling up will restore some mana.
- On Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar, standing the summoning platform restores mana each second.
- Picking a Health Relic on the Howling Abyss.
- Picking a Ghost Relic on Twisted Treeline.
- Picking a Health Relic on the Crystal Scar.
- On Summoner's Rift by slaying a monster that has Healing Sigil ( , , , and ).
Increasing Mana Regeneration
|0||50 %||Summoner's Rift|
|0||50 %||Summoner's Rift|
|850||50 %||Summoner's Rift|
|2100||100 %||Summoner's Rift, Howling Abyss|
|2100||150 %||Summoner's Rift, Howling Abyss|
|1800||50 %||Summoner's Rift|
|2600||200 %||Summoner's Rift, Howling Abyss|
|350||25 %||Summoner's Rift|
|850||50 %||Twisted Treeline|
|2200||50 %||Twisted Treeline|
|350||25 %||Twisted Treeline|
- Crystal Scar grants 2% bonus mana regeneration for every 1% of missing mana.
- Howling Abyss grants bonus mana regeneration equal to 0.75% of your maximum mana.
- Twisted Treeline grants 0.66% bonus mana regeneration for every 1% of missing mana.
List of champions' mana regeneration
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
Last updated: January 19, 2017 - V7.1
- What may be the highest mana regeneration attainable on Summoner's Rift is mana per 5 seconds, with a level 18 thanks to his passive , which allows him to have the biggest mana pool in the game. All the following calculations are based on mana regeneration per 5 seconds.
- Base stats: +23 mana regeneration, +1250 mana
- 5 points in (+15 AP)
- 5 points in 1.5% of missing mana every 5 seconds) (+
- 6 (+6 × (1000 mana + 80 AP))
- (+ 5% maximum mana) mana regeneration) (+25 flat
- 18% missing mana mana regeneration)
- mana bar. must totally empty his
- (+15 flat mana regeneration, +50 AP)
- (+40 AP)
- (+36% AP)
- (+20% AP)
- Relevant mathematics:
- mana before = 1250 + 834.3 + 6000 = 8084.3
AP before passive = 480 + 105 = 585
- Items = = 480
- Mast. & Buffs = + + = 105
- AP multiplier = 1 + + = 1.56
- Applying the formula (see ability details)
Resultant mana = (b + 0.0005abx) / (1 - 0.000015bx)
- mana = (8084.3 + 0.0005 × 585 × 8084.3 × 1.56) / (1 - 0.000015 × 8084.3 × 1.56) = 14519.941457823 mana
mana regeneration = × ( + + ) + + + = 3620.385657166635 mana regeneration per 5 seconds
- That's 724.07713143333 mana regeneration per second.