Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Master Yi's heavy-hitting nukes, sustained DPS and reflex-driven defensive abilities make him the ultimate high-risk, high-reward champion. He excels at fast, brutal ganks as well as diving into fights to assassinate targets before withdrawing with his impressive suite of escape tools. He's also got intimidating cleanup potential thanks to the extended duration on his ultimate when he scores a kill or assist.
Learn how to prove you're a true Highlander in this edition of the Champion Spotlight, featuring Master Yi tactics, masteries and more.
- Playing As Master Yi
- If you're in a lane against ranged players, leveling up Meditate can allow you to stay in the lane longer and gain levels faster than they will.
- Wuju Style is very strong early for last hitting minions.
- Try using Alpha Strike on a minion in front of an enemy champion so you are placed at a safe distance at the end of the spell.
- Playing Against Master Yi
- Meditate is an effective method of healing damage over time, but Master Yi is susceptible to coordinated team ganks early in the game.
- If Master Yi tries to farm with Alpha Strike, hit him a few times so he has to use mana with Meditate to heal.
- Although Master Yi cannot be slowed while using Highlander, other disables can stop him in his tracks.
- Ability Usage
- Double Strike makes Master Yi strike twice in quick succession after 4 consecutive autoattacks. This synergises extremely well with the cooldown reduction per autoattack on Alpha Strike, the on-hit true damage of Wuju Style and the attack speed bonus from Highlander.
- The second strike of Double Strike counts as another autoattack toward the next Double Strike so every Double strike after the first will trigger after 3 attacks instead of 4.
- Alpha Strike allows Master Yi to become untargetable for a brief period. Its most valuable usage comes in its ability to dodge otherwise deadly disables or effects, not as a gap-closer.
- Meditate's damage reduction is extremely powerful in delaying fights long enough for support to arrive. Be careful that you do not issue orders after it is initiated unless you see a disable coming, as that will cancel the channel and it has a lengthy cooldown.
- Wuju Style grants Master Yi bonus AD passively and true damage on-hit for a few seconds on activation.
- Highlander gives Master Yi a massive increase in Attack Speed and Movement Speed along with complete immunity to slows for a few seconds, which extends upon takedowns. This chain effect makes Master Yi effective at wiping out entire enemy teams if he is not put under control.
- Due to the relatively short initial duration, the ability should be used carefully to make sure you have enough time to reach and kill your target(s).
- Mastery Usage
- Master Yi due to his Double Strike synergy with on-hit effects and attack speed heavy build path. is excellent for
- Master Yi lifesteal which allows him to forgo an early lifesteal item in favor of higher damage. grants
- Item Usage