Master Yi's heavy-hitting nukes, sustained DPS and reflex-driven defensive abilities make him the ultimate high-risk, high-reward champion. He excels at fast, brutal ganks as well as diving into fights to assassinate targets before withdrawing with his impressive suite of escape tools. He's also got intimidating cleanup potential thanks to the extended duration on his ultimate when he scores a kill or assist.
Learn how to prove you're a true Highlander in this edition of the Champion Spotlight, featuring Master Yi tactics, masteries and more.
- Playing As Master Yi
- If you're in a lane against ranged players, leveling up Meditate can allow you to stay in the lane longer and gain levels faster than they will.
- Wuju Style is very strong early for last hitting minions.
- Try using Alpha Strike on a minion in front of an enemy champion so you are placed at a safe distance at the end of the spell.
- Playing Against Master Yi
- Meditate is an effective method of healing damage over time, but Master Yi is susceptible to coordinated team ganks early in the game.
- If Master Yi tries to farm with Alpha Strike, hit him a few times so he has to use mana with Meditate to heal.
- Although Master Yi cannot be slowed while using Highlander, other disables can stop him in his tracks.
- Ability Usage
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage