+60 attack damage
|Passive||Unique – Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown).|
Defense > Magic Resistance
|Item cost||3200g (875g)|
- Up to 35 attack damage = 1260g
- 400 "health" = 1066g
- The base stats are gold efficient.
- When the shield and passive attack damage are put to full use, the item is gold efficient.
- For the item to be considered 100% gold efficient, the passive and the shield need to have a combined gold value of 240g.
- This item is cost efficient at 86% health.
- Similar to , this item's passive interacts with itself. Given the lowest amount of MR possible with this item (30+40=70), then the damage taken calculation (100/170 = .588), then the raw damage conversion (400/.58), the shield will absorb around 680 raw magic damage.
- This item helps attack damage-based champions against teams with strong magic damage.
- The shield can block the initial burst of damage from an enemy champion and give the owner an opportunity to attack or retreat. It is very useful against AP casters with long cooldowns, such as Morgana and Ziggs.
- More magic resistance will increase the effective shield value, as more magic damage will be required to destroy the shield.
- Attack Damage champions who benefit from being at low health (e.g. Tryndamere, Olaf, Aatrox) can put it to great use. Their low-health passives combined with the item's AD effect, and the shield allows them to stay at lower health more safely.
- At 30% of total health, when this item's shield activates, it provides the maximum 35 bonus AD.
- is named after a well-known community member known as "Malmortius" (also answers to "Lord Voldemortius", "Malmorpheus" and "James") for obtaining over one thousand referrals.