- 25% attack speed = 625
- 10% spell vamp = 275
- 10% life steal = 375
- 350 health (as shield against magic damage) = 933
- base stats are gold efficient.
- when taking magic damage below 30% Maximum Health Maw of Malmortius gold efficiency gets increased up to
- passive interacts with itself, similar to . At minimum, the passive will provide 350 shield.
- When passive is built into or they lose the unique
- This item helps attack damage-based champions against teams with strong magic damage.
- The shield can block the initial burst of damage from an enemy champion and give the owner an opportunity to attack or retreat. It is very useful against AP casters with long cooldowns, such as Morgana and Ziggs.
- More magic resistance will increase the effective shield value, as more magic damage will be required to destroy the shield.
- Attack Damage champions who benefit from being at low health (e.g. Tryndamere, Olaf, Aatrox) can put it to great use. Their low-health passives combined with the shield and stats provided let's them be at low health more safely.
- is named after a well-known community member known as "Malmortius" (also answers to "Lord Voldemortius", "Malmorpheus" and "James") for obtaining over one thousand referrals.