- Up to 35 attack damage = 1260
- 400 "health" = 1068
is gold efficient, without both passives.
- Maw of Malmortius becomes gold efficient at 86% health.
- Maw of Malmortius is gold efficient when its shield and passive attack damage are put to full use.
- For the item to be considered 100% gold efficient, both passives need to have a combined gold value of 240 .
- passive interacts with itself, similar to . Given the lowest amount of MR possible with this item (30 + 40 = 70), then the damage taken calculation (100 / 170 = 0.588), then the raw damage conversion (400 / 0.58), the shield will absorb around 680 raw magic damage.
- This item helps attack damage-based champions against teams with strong magic damage.
- The shield can block the initial burst of damage from an enemy champion and give the owner an opportunity to attack or retreat. It is very useful against AP casters with long cooldowns, such as Morgana and Ziggs.
- More magic resistance will increase the effective shield value, as more magic damage will be required to destroy the shield.
- Attack Damage champions who benefit from being at low health (e.g. Tryndamere, Olaf, Aatrox) can put it to great use. Their low-health passives combined with the item's AD effect, and the shield allows them to stay at lower health more safely.
- At 30% of total health, when this item's shield activates, it provides the maximum 35 bonus AD.
- is named after a well-known community member known as "Malmortius" (also answers to "Lord Voldemortius", "Malmorpheus" and "James") for obtaining over one thousand referrals.