+60 attack damage
|Passive||Unique – Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown).|
Defense > Magic Resistance
|Item cost||3200g (975g)|
Maw of Malmortius
3200 gold (975 gold)
- The base stats are gold efficient.
- The item is 100% gold efficient when the wearer is at 86.66% current health. The item is gold efficient at 30% current health or lower.
- This item helps Attack Damage based champions against teams with strong magic damage.
- The shield can block the initial burst of damage from a enemy champion and give the owner an opportunity to attack or retreat. It is very useful against AP casters with long cooldowns, such as Morgana and Ziggs.
- More magic resistance will increase the effective shield value, as more magic damage will be required to destroy the shield.
- Attack Damage champions who benefit from being at low health (e.g. Tryndamere, Olaf, Aatrox) can put it to great use. Their low-health passives combined with the item's AD effect, and the shield allows them to stay at lower health more safely.
- At 30% of total health, when this item's shield activates, it provides the maximum 35 bonus AD.
- is named after a well-known community member known as "Malmortius" (also answers to "Lord Voldemortius", "Malmorpheus" and "James") for obtaining over one thousand referrals.