|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Miss Fortune was designed by Geeves.
- Sarah Fortune is her real name, Miss Fortune is made to sound like misfortune.
- This relates to the old sailor myth that women on ships were bad luck.
- This may also reference the popular pirate novel "Treasure Island", where one of the pirate antagonists, John Silver, calls himself a "gentleman of fortune".
- Her Ultimate's name, Bullet Time, is based on a term used in movies in which all action goes into slow-motion, a term coined by the Max Payne video game franchise.
- Her matched pistols ('Shock' and 'Awe') are a reference to a which dictates the use of overwhelming firepower and battlefield awareness to drain the enemy's will to fight back.
- Miss Fortune was one of the champions available to be chosen for the Noxian pool during the 2nd Ionia vs. Noxus match. She was one of the selected champions.
- Miss Fortune could be a reference to Rue Meridian from "The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara" books by Terry Brooks. Rue Meridian is an airship crew member/mercenary that "is capable of charming any man". They are also visually similar. Gangplank may be visually based off her brother, a captain of the ship.
- Her twin pistols can be seen in the Mac Version Launch preview video for League of Legends.
- Miss Fortune appearance in her classic looks is somewhat similar to Elza from Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. Elza, like Miss Fortune, is also a pirate(sky pirate actually), wears rather revealing attire and equips guns which the barrel have larger circumference at the muzzle.
- Miss Fortune is third champion to have their IP price reduced twice. Other champions is Warwick and Garen.
- Miss Fortune's left gun smokes based off her critical hit chance, where the higher the critical hit chance, the more smoke that appears to come off from the gun.
- Miss Fortune's selection quote: "Fortune doesn't favor fools!" is likely a spin-off of the Latin saying: "Fortuna favet fortis", which translates to "Fortune favors the brave."
- Some of her quotes are direct references to Han Solo from .
- "I always shoot first": Refers to .
- "Don't get cocky": A famous quote.
- "I've got a good feeling about this": Han uses a similar phrase.
- "Watch your mouth kid, or you'll find yourself respawning at home!": An adapted version of one of Han's lines.
- The French Taunt is a reference to the movie "The Good, the bad and the Ugly".
- The pose she is in for her old Classic skin artwork resembles the Captain Morgan pose.
- A poster of her in her classic skin has "Work Hard" written at the bottom in the Mac Launch preview.
- It is a reference to depictions of at the time of the " ".
- This skin and Minuteman Gangplank skins both reference historic times of war.
- It gives Miss Fortune a modern espionage theme.
- She resembles the character of Jessica Rabbit of the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?".
- It closely resembles Ada Wong of Resident Evil Series and Anna Williams of Tekken Series.
- The background in the second Chinese Secret Agent Miss Fortune splash art alludes to the night street scenes found in and .
- In the Chinese Art, you can see a poster to the left, declaring Bandito Fiddlesticks wanted.
- The name may have been inspired by the movie Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior.
- Her Road Warrior Miss Fortune skin closely resembles the post-apocalyptic clothing worn by people in the same movie.
- The sawed-off double barrel shotgun design for the skin might have been inspired by Max Rockatansky's sawed-off double barrel shotgun from the same movie.
- The splash artwork was drawn by Michelle Hoefener.
- The skin was inspired by the artwork made by Nyaruko. 
- Her abilities were have taken influence by the artwork made by ValeSora. 
- Gangplank can be seen in her splash art.
- Her hat resembles the hat that and wear.
- Her guns resemble the old .
- Her attacks have particles similar to those found in Warblade (and any typical games).
- When she dies, she blinks out of existence (typical death animation for most old games).
- When she recalls, she starts shooting ducks at a TV screen, afterwards Gangplank shows up on the screen to taunt her. This is a homage to the NES game called .
- She shares this theme with Hecarim, Sona, and Veigar.
- She has an original Gameboy on her left hip.
- In the splash artwork, the glove on the top of the trophy has a similar appearance to the gloves worn by Arcade Veigar's.
- Miss Fortune is searching for the person who killed her mother, a man with red eyes.
- Miss Fortune has a strong distrust for pirates and she finds herself constantly bickering with the infamous Gangplank (the only captain to resist her charms) over the direction of Bilgewater politics.