|This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.|
Monsters are predominantly melee range, with only a few monsters using ranged attacks.
Monsters should not be confused with minions, which are not neutral and follow a predetermined path from spawning at their team's nexus towards the opposite one.
Killing a Monster Edit
Killing a monster will always reward its killer with gold and experience points split between every allied champion within an 400-unit range. Like minions, the gold and experience rewards from slaying monsters increases as the game progresses. Also, certain epic monsters will offer greater rewards. For example, some monsters provide a buff or a global reward to the entire team. After a camp has been completely cleared, it will remain empty for an amount of time specific to that camp (R=respawn time). The camp will not respawn if it is not entirely cleared.
Sigil monsters, when slain, grant their killer a buff. Monsters of this type are usually indicated by swirling colored runes around them, which will be transferred to the killing champion.
The following table lists the various monsters of this category along with the buff they grant:
|Ancient Golem||Crest of the Ancient Golem|
|Grez, The Lizard Lord||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
|Lizard Elder||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
While the monsters above only grant a buff to a single person, there exist monsters that grant the buff to every living member of the killing team, regardless of whether or not they participated in slaying the monster. Since these monsters are more valuable than others, they are usually more difficult to slay. They also grant gold and experience to the whole team.
|Baron Nashor||Exalted with Baron Nashor||300||900|
|Vilemaw||Crest of Crushing Wrath||280||900|
The Dragon is unique in that it will not grant a buff, only a 190 global gold reward to its killing team.
Fields of Justice Edit
The various Fields of Justice contain different types of monsters.
Summoner Rift EditOn Summoner's Rift there are 12 monster camps:
- 2 camps containing a Giant Wolf and two Wolves.
- 2 camps with both a Golem and a Big Golem each.
- 2 camps with a Wraith and three Lesser Wraiths.
- 2 camps containing an Ancient Golem with two Young Lizards.
- 2 camps containing a Lizard Elder with two Young Lizards.
- The Dragon camp.
- Baron Nashor's camp.
Twisted Treeline Edit
On Twisted Treeline there are 7 camps.
- 2 camps with a Giant Wolf and two Wolves.
- 2 camps with a Wraith and two Lesser Wraiths.
- 2 camps with a Big Golem and one Golem
- A camp with Vilemaw.
The following table lists every monster in the game based on its appearance:
List of Monsters Edit
Here is the complete list of monsters actually present in the game, with their rewards and the map where they belong (SR stands for Summoner's Rift, TT stands for Twisted Treeline). Fields tagged with a * represent rewards that are given to the whole team, ** represent rewards that are given only to living members of the team.
|Name||Map||Base Gold(SR)||Base Exp (SR)||Exp (TT)||Respawn||Additional Rewards|
|Ancient Golem||SR||66||221||5:00||Crest of the Ancient Golem|
|Baron Nashor||SR||300*+25||900*||7:00||Exalted with Baron Nashor**|
|Big Golem||SR, TT||55||137||120||1:00|
|Vilemaw||TT||280*+25||200*||5:00||Crest of Crushing Wrath**|
|Ghast||TT||75||150||3:30||Crest of Flowing Water|
|Giant Wolf||SR, TT||55||153||85||1:00|
|Grez, The Lizard Lord||TT||50||160||4:00||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
|Lesser Wraith||SR, TT||3||4||25||0:50/1:15|
|Lizard Elder||SR||66||221||5:00||Blessing of the Lizard Elder|
- There is a current bug that occurs when a monster camp is attacked but not killed. After the minions return to their original locations, ranged monsters may begin to fire continuous streams of their missile (eg, the Young Lizard will shoot several copies of its fireball, creating a huge trail of fire) in the direction of the last attacker, but deal no damage.
- A monster camp will not respawn unless all of its creeps have been slain. For example, if the Lizard Elder has been slain, but his two smaller lizard companions have not, the Lizard Elder will not respawn until they have been slain. Jungle invaders may deliberately do this to deprive their opponent of jungle gp/exp.