|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Mordekaiser was designed by Coronach.
- Mordekaiser is one of five champions voiced by Adam Harrington, the other four being Karthus, Ryze, Kassadin, and Shaco.
- Every one of Mordekaiser's abilities is in reference to a heavy metal song:
- Children of the Grave / Iron Man are both songs by .
- The buff to the prisoner from Children of the Grave used to be called , an song; however, now, it is simply called "Children of the Grave buff."
- Mace of Spades refers to the song , by from the eponymous album, Ace of Spades.
- Mace of Spades is translated to "Morgenstern" in the German and french versions of the game. "Morgenstern" is in German the name of the weapon he uses. is also a song by . Translated back to English, Morgenstern means " ", a category of spiked, medieval mace-like weapons.
- Siphon of Destruction refers to the song , by .
- Creeping Death is a song by from the album .
- Creeping Death is translated to "Metallische Luft" in the German version of the game, which translates back to Metallic Air, also a reference to Metallica.
- Mordekaiser is one of the five champions who use health as a primary resource for casting spells. The other four champions are Aatrox, Dr. Mundo, Vladimir and Zac.
- Mordekaiser's name is derived from the online identity of Yun "Stich" Lam, the girlfriend of a Riot designer, Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam.
- "Mordekaiser" means "Murder Emperor" when translated from German.
- Currently Children of the Grave applies the longest damage over time debuff in the game.
- The meme of "Mordekaiser es #1, huehuehue" originates from a NA League of Legends user who made the "Brasil 5v5 tier list". This was later popularized by McRoosterDota's video
- The the Mac Debut Video, there is a child's drawing of Mordekaiser standing next to a burning house with "I (Heart) My Daddy" written at the top.
- Mordekaiser's quotes are also metal references.
- His quote , "No pain, no drain!" is a direct reference to his own mechanic , as he will not "drain" any shield for Iron Man if he doesn't hit anything (the "pain")
- It's also a reference to the song "No pain, no Gain" , by the German metal band Scorpions
- Mordekaiser breaks the fourth wall on occasion, saying "You only need to click once, fool!" when he is ordered to move.
- "So be it... Summoner." Is a direct reference to from the saga when the Emperor says to Luke Skywalker: "So be it... Jedi."
- Mordekaiser's quote, "Time to shred" is a reference to Shredding, a type of guitar play : consists of performing a very fast and hard melody solo , which is particularly common in Heavy Metal.
- Mordekaiser shares the same quote with Evelynn: "If I must."
- Mordekaiser shares a quote with Renekton: "Carnage!"
- Mordekaiser shares a Pentakill skin theme with Karthus, Sona, Yorick and Olaf.
- Dragon Knight Mordekaiser shares a similar color scheme with Dragon Knight from Dota 2
- Lord Mordekaiser originally had a spike on its belt, which was removed for suggestiveness. This could still be seen during the loading screen for a couple patches, but has since been corrected.
- The skin in question may have been a reference to William Murderface's codpiece from the television show Metalocalypse}}.
- Lord Mordekaiser skin resembles
- To be specific, it also resembles the other Dark Lord from Tolkien works, Melkor/Morgoth from The Silmarillion, Sauron's master and the first Dark Lord.
- It also resembles the first Overlord from the videogame franchise.
- It also resembles the Chaos Space Marines in Warhammer 40000 Universe (the Chinese image is very similar to cover).
- Mordekaiser originally came from the Shadow Isles but is currently stalking the slums of Noxus.
- Mordekaiser is in the metal band Pentakill with Karthus, Olaf, Sona and Yorick. According to the Journal, the band is said to be successful across Valoran.
- The altars on the Twisted Treeline suggest :
- "I serve you, because I must, Mordekaiser."-Western Altar, "I serve you gladly, Mordekaiser." -Eastern altar , Mordekaiser had(s) some high rank in the Shadow Isles, fortunately evidenced by his old lore which said that he was an undead general.
- "Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim!"-Western Altar, taking in count that Hecarim fights for the Shadow Isles, Mordekaiser actual goals aren't linked to the Isles, but to his personal benefits.
- "Are you also a prisoner Mordekaiser"-Western altar, likely means that Mordekaiser affiliation to the Shadow Isles is forced, and he fights this by following his personal objectives, not of the Isles.
- Apart from the altars, this quote (from his old lore) "The common perception is that the encompassing armor protects him, I fear that – for the fragile time being – it actually protects us."―Rozuel Fecirem, somewhat confirm the Western Altar quote, as his armor might be his prison.
- Mordekaiser and Hecarim know each other, and are stated to have similar beliefs, but disagree when it comes to how they achieve their goals.