Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Mordekaiser might have been inspired by the (particularly Conquest)
- Mordekaiser used to be the only champion without any mobility boost or crowds control effects (from V5.4 onwards Creeping Death / Harvester of Sorrow gives him a situational movement speed boost)
- Mordekaiser's abilities reference heavy/thrash metal songs and/or bands:
- Mordekaiser is one of five champions who use their health as their spellcasting resource (the others being Aatrox, Dr. Mundo, Vladimir, and Zac)
- Children of the Grave currently applies the longest damage over time in the game (10 seconds)
- 'Mordekaiser es #1 huehuehue' is the product of NA Summoner SKILLSHOT MASTER's 'Brazil 5v5 tier list' and McRooster's 'This is why we hate Mordekaiser'
- Mordekaiser's helmet resembles the M in logo. 's
- Mordekaiser (German: 'murder emperor') comes from Yun 'Stich' Lam's (Colt 'Ezreal' Hallam's girlfriend) online identity.
- Mordekaiser's title used to be 'the Master of Metal' and was going to be 'the Lord of Death' but after playerbase concerns it was replaced with 'the Iron Revenant' (suggested by NA Summoner Versaka)
- Mordekaiser's story references from and from .
- Mordekaiser's mace being called Nightfall references as well as the eponymous song by .
- Both it and a child's drawing of Mordekaiser (standing next to a burning house with 'I ♥ My Daddy' written at the top) can be seen in the game's Mac Version trailer.
- "Misery loves company" references:
- "No pain, no drain!" references No Pain no Gain by .
- "You only need to click once, fool!" implies for right-click movement and references a Child of the Grave resetting each attack every time one Alt + Right-Clicks a target.
- "So be it... Summoner" references from ("So be it... Jedi")
- "Time to shred" references .
- "For great... torment!" resembles "For great science!".
- Mordekaiser shares quotes with:
- He shares this theme with Infernal Alistar [ | , Infernal Diana [ | , Infernal Nasus [ | , Firefang Warwick [ | , Volcanic Wukong [ | , and Wildfire Zyra [ | .
- Lord Mordekaiser [ |
- He used to have an upward spike on his belt (might have been referencing from ) but was promptly removed for suggestiveness.
- He resembles from , from , the titular character from , and a from .
- Nightfall is replaced with Numero Uno (an indestructible guitar axe made of metal and made for metal)
- His cape is replaced with hair.
- He shares this theme with Pentakill Karthus [ | , Pentakill Olaf [ | , Pentakill Sona [ | , and Pentakill Yorick [ | .
- He references of the .
- His throne used to be shorter and have Nightfall resting on its back (was later changed to a taller throne due to concerns it resembled a Christian Cross)
- He resembles from .
- He shares this theme with Ace of Spades Ezreal [ | , Wild Card Shaco [ | , Queen of Diamonds Syndra [ | and Jack of Hearts Twisted Fate [ | .
- Mordekaiser is building his strength in the Shadow Isles until he can lay waste to Noxus and reclaim the Immortal Bastion (his old fortress)
- Mordekaiser embarked on a metal-fueled journey to recruit Karthus, Yorick, Sona, and Olaf in order to form Pentakill so they would and the whole of Runeterra with their music.