|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Mordekaiser was designed by Coronach.
- Every one of Mordekaiser's abilities is in reference to a heavy metal song:
- Children of the Grave / Iron Man are both songs by .
- The buff to the prisoner from Children of the Grave used to be called , an song; however, now, it is simply called "Children of the Grave buff."
- Mace of Spades refers to the song , by from the eponymous album, Ace of Spades.
- Mace of Spades is translated to "Morgenstern" in the German and french versions of the game. "Morgenstern" is in German the name of the weapon he uses. is also a song by . Translated back to English, Morgenstern means "morning star", a category of spiked, medieval mace-like weapons.
- Siphon of Destruction refers to the song , by .
- Creeping Death is a song by from the album .
- Creeping Death is translated to "Metallische Luft" in the German version of the game, which translates back to Metallic Air, also a reference to Metallica.
- Mordekaiser is one of the three champions who use health as a resource for casting spells. The other two champions are Vladimir and Dr. Mundo.
- Mordekaiser is one of five champions voiced by Adam Harrington, the other four being Karthus, Ryze, Kassadin, and Shaco.
- Mordekaiser's name is derived from the online identity of Yun "Stich" Lam, the girlfriend of a Riot designer.
- "Mordekaiser" means "Murder Emperor" when translated from German.
- Currently Children of the Grave applies the longest damage over time debuff in the game.
- The meme of "Mordekaiser es #1, huehuehue" originates from a NA League of Legends user who made the "Brasil 5v5 tier list".
- Mordekaiser's quotes are also metal references.
- "Misery loves company" is a song of that name by , , as well as and .
- It also is a line in Metallica's and by Johnny Cash.
- Mordekaiser breaks the fourth wall on occasion, saying "You only need to click once, fool!" when he is ordered to move.
- Mordekaiser shares a quote with Renekton: "Carnage".
- Mordekaiser shares some quotes with Evelynn: "If I must", "Misery loves company". Additionaly, "Time to Shred" bears a similiarity to Evelynn's "Time to feed". Furthermore, 'shredding' commonly refers to the 'guitar shredding' of solos in metal music.
- "So be it... Summoner." Is a direct reference to from the saga when the Emperor says to Luke Skywalker: "So be it... Jedi."
- Mordekaiser shares a Pentakill skin theme with Karthus, Sona and Yorick.
- Dragon Knight Mordekaiser shares a similar color scheme with Dragon Knight from Dota 2
- Lord Mordekaiser originally had a spike on its belt, which was removed for suggestiveness. This could still be seen during the loading screen for a couple patches, but has since been corrected.
- The skin in question may have been a reference to William Murderface's codpiece from the television show Metalocalypse.
- Lord Mordekaiser skin resembles Lord Sauron from Lord of the Rings.
- To be specific, it also resembles the other Dark Lord from Tolkien works, Melkor/Morgoth from The Silmarillion, Sauron's master and the first Dark Lord.
- It also resembles the first Overlord from the videogame franchise.
- It also resembles the Chaos Space Marines in Warhammer 40000 Universe (the Chinese image is very similar to cover).
- Mordekaiser's origin is unclear.
- Before his story was changed, it stated that he originated from the Shadow Isles. Now it states that "a being like no other emerged from the forgotten alleyways of Noxus." However, associate writer RiotRunaan posted on the League of Legends forums "Do bear in mind that it only states that the Master of Metal emerged in the alleyways of Noxus, nothing more." This indicates that the original story might still be canon.
- Mordekaiser is known for stalking the slums in Noxus.
- Mordekaiser is in the metal band Pentakill with Sona, Karthus and Yorick. According to the Journal, the band is said to be successful across Valoran.
- Mordekaiser and Hecarim know each other, and are stated to have similar beliefs, but disagree when it comes to how they achieve their goals.