Movement speed is a champion statistic that represents the rate at which a champion travels across a map. One movement speed point translates to one game distance unit traveled per second (as a frame of reference, Teemo's's diameter is 100 units). For example, a champion with 300 movement speed will be able to walk over three Teemos in one second.
Each champion begins the game with a base amount of movement speed movement speed, ranging from 325 (e.g. Anivia and Nautilus) to 355 ( Master Yi and Pantheon). For a list of all champions' base movement speed, see base champion statistics.
This base movement speed can be increased by flat bonuses and percentage bonuses and reduced by slows. These effects can come from items, champion abilities, summoner spells, masteries, runes and environmental buffs.
A champion's movement speed is given by the following formula:
- (Base Movement Speed + Flat Movement Bonuses) × (1 + Additional Percentage Movement Bonuses) × (1 + First Multiplicative Percentage Movement Bonus) × .... × (1 + Last Multiplicative Percentage Movement Bonus) × (1 - The Highest Slow Ratio × Slow Resist Ratio)
Flat bonuses are applied first, then additive percent increases, then multiplicative percent bonuses, then the strongest slow affecting the target, then any caps that apply. Note that slows do not stack. Because bonuses and slows are applied to each other, a champion affected by a 20% bonus and a 20% slow still has a net reduced movement speed (e.g. 300 × 1.2 × 0.8 = 288).
Movement speed caps
When the raw movement speed is greater than 415, there are two soft caps applied:
- The raw speed between 415 and 490 gets multiplied by 80%.
- The raw speed over 490 gets multiplied by 50%.
The two ranges have their reductions applied at the same time before being added back together.
- As an example, if the calculated raw speed is 600 before soft caps kick in, it is reduced to (600 − 490) × 0.5 + (490 − 415) × 0.8 + 415 = 530, which means an 11.7% reduction of the original movement speed.
These are the simplified formulas:
- If the raw speed is 415 or under, no cap is applied.
- If the raw speed is between 415 and 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS × 0.8 + 83.
- If the raw speed is above 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS × 0.5 + 230.
When the raw movement speed is less than 220 another soft cap is used:
- If the raw speed is below 220, it gets multiplied by 50% and added to 110.
- Example: if the calculated raw speed is 180 before soft caps kick in, it is increased to 180 × 0.5 + 110 = 200.
Only slow with the highest value affecting particular champion is taken into calculations. All additional slows are ignored until higher-valued slows wear off. When highest valued slow decays, another affecting slow is calculated into.
The only exception to this is when the slow exceeds 100%, in which case the target ends up with 0 movement speed.
Slow Resist is a statistic that reduces the effectiveness of slows by a percentage. It may currently only be gained by the Swiftness mastery, , and Sejuani's Frost Armor. Slow Resist stacks multiplicatively.
A champion withand a movement speed of 400 is affected by a 40% slow will have a movement speed of 400 × (1 − (0.4 × 0.75)) = 280, which is equal to a 30% slow without slow resist.
Increasing flat movement speed
The bonus given by these items or champion abilities are flat increases to the champion's base movement speed. These flat bonuses will increase the effectiveness of percentage bonuses.
Purchasing boots from the store grants a champion a flat increase in movement speed. Champions cannot buy more than one set of boots. The bonus from boots is quite big compared to their cost and is essential for all champions.
| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +25 movement speed. 325 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +45 movement speed. +25% attack speed. 1000 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +45 movement speed. Unique Passive: Blocks 10% of the damage from basic attacks. +25 armor. 1000 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +25 movement speed. Increases to +105 when out of combat for 5 seconds. 800 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +60 movement speed. Unique Passive – Slow Resist: Movement slowing effects are reduced by 25%. 1000 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +45 movement speed. Unique Passive: +15% cooldown reduction. 1000 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +45 movement speed. +15 magic penetration. 1100 . :
- Unique Passive – Enhanced Movement: +45 movement speed. +25 magic resistance. Unique Passive – Tenacity: Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds, polymorphs, and immobilizes by 35%. 1200 . :
- Unique Passive – Alacrity: +20 movement speed. 475 . :
- Passive – 3 Trophies: +25 movement speed whilst out of combat or in brush. 6 Trophies: Increases the range of Unseen Predator's by 125. 12 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's duration is increased by 5 seconds. 20 Trophies: Thrill of the Hunt's movement speed while stealthed is doubled. 0 . :
- Unique Passive – Rage: Basic attacks grant 20 movement speed for 2 seconds on hit. Minion, monster, and champion kills grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds. This movement speed bonus is halved for ranged champions. +275 health, +55 attack damage. Unique Active: For 5 seconds, basic attacks reduces the target's movement speed by 30% and deal 80 true damage over 2.5 seconds (60 second cooldown). 2700 . :
- Unique Passive – Rage: Basic attacks grant 20 movement speed for 2 seconds on hit. Minion, monster, and champion kills grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds. This movement speed bonus is halved for ranged champions. +200 health, +20 attack damage. 1325 . :
- +20 movement speed, +100% base health regeneration, +100% base mana regeneration, +10% cooldown reduction, +2 gold per 10 seconds. Unique Passive – Favor: Grants 4 gold and restores 10 health each time a nearby enemy minion dies that you didn't kill (1400 range). Unique Active: Grants nearby allies +40% movement speed for 3 seconds (40 second cooldown) (600 range). You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item. 2100 . :
- Unique Passive – Rage: Basic attacks grant 20 movement speed for 2 seconds on hit. Minion, monster, and champion kills grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds. This movement speed bonus is halved for ranged champions. +30 attack damage, +30 ability power, +30% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance, +8% movement speed, +250 health, +200 mana. Unique Passive – Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals 200% base AD bonus physical damage (1.5 second cooldown). 3703 . :
- Elise's Spider Form passively grants her 25 flat movement speed while she is in spider form.
- Evelynn's Dark Frenzy grants her 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 flat movement speed for 3 seconds each time she hits an enemy champion with her abilities. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Gnar's Rage Gene passively grants him flat movement speed while he is in Mini Gnar form.
- Jayce's Hextech Capacitor grants him 40 movement speed for 1.25 seconds each time Transform is cast.
- Kennen's Lightning Rush grants him 335 flat movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Miss Fortune's Strut passively grants her 25 movement speed after not taking damage for 5 seconds, which gradually increases to 70 movement speed over 5 seconds.
- Nami's Surging Tides grants 40 (+10% AP) flat movement speed for 1.5 seconds when Nami's abilities hit allied champions.
- Quinn's Heightened Senses grants her 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 flat movement speed for 3 seconds when she attacks a target marked as Vulnerable by Harrier.
- Ryze's Desperate Power grants him 80 flat movement speed for 5 / 6 / 7 seconds.
- Singed's Insanity Potion grants him 35 / 50 / 80 flat movement speed for 25 seconds.
- Sivir's Fleet of Foot grants her / / / / flat movement speed for 2 seconds when she hits an enemy champion with her abilities or basic attacks.
- Malphite's Seismic Shard steals 14 / 17 / 20 / 23 / 26% movement speed from the target as a flat movement speed bonus for 4 seconds.
- Udyr's Monkey's Agility gives him 5 flat movement speed for 5 seconds each time he switches stance. This effect stacks up 3 times.
- Vayne's Night Hunter passively grants her 30 flat movement speed when moving towards an enemy champion. Final Hour grants her 90 flat movement speed for 8 / 10 / 12 seconds when moving towards an enemy champion instead.
Increasing percentage movement speed
The bonus movement speed given by these items or champion abilities are based on a percentage of the bonus compared to your total flat movement speed (before all sources of percentage movement speed bonuses are factored in). Percentage movement speed will stack additionally with other sources of percentage movement speed, unless the bonus movement speed is the few exceptions that stack multiplicity.
All percentage bonus listed below stacks additionally with one another.
- Unique Passive: +5% movement speed. +30 ability power. 950 . :
- Unique Passive – Captain: Grants +10% movement speed to nearby approaching allied champions. 600 . :
- Unique Passive – Furor: Upon dealing damage with single target spell or attack (on hit), grants +12% movement speed that decays over 2 seconds. 475 . :
- Unique Passive – Homeguard: Visiting the shop grants 200% bonus movement speed that decays over 8 seconds, and regenerates 35% of missing health and mana per second. Bonus movement speed and regeneration are disabled for 6 seconds upon dealing or taking damage. 475 . :
- +5% movement speed, +80 ability power, +250 mana. Unique Passive – Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals (75% base AD) + (50% AP) bonus magic damage (1.5 second cooldown). 3000 . :
- +10% movement speed, +100 ability power. Unique Passive: Gain charges upon moving or casting. At 100 charges, the next spell hit expends all charges to deal 100 + (15% AP) bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets on hit. 3100 . :
- +5% movement speed, +50% attack speed, +35% critical strike chance. Unique Passive: Champion can move through unit. 2800 . :
- +6% movement speed, +40% attack speed, +20% critical strike chance. Unique Passive: Grants static charges upon moving or attacking. At 100 charges, basic attacking expends all charges to deal 100 bonus magic damage to up to 4 targets on hit (this damage can critically strike). 2500 . :
- Unique Active: Grants +60% movement speed to nearby allies when moving towards enemies or enemy turrets for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds, a shockwave is emitted, slowing nearby enemy champion movement speed by 80% for 1 second. This effect may be reactivated early to instantly release the shockwave (60 second cooldown). +600 health, +300 mana, +100% base health regeneration. Unique Passive – Valor's Reward: Upon leveling up, restores 150 health and 200 mana over 8 seconds. 2500 . :
- Unique Active: Grants nearby allies +40% movement speed for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown) (600 range). +100% base health regeneration, +100% base mana regeneration, +20 movement speed, +10% cooldown reduction, +2 gold per 10 seconds. Unique Passive – Favor: Grants 3 gold and restores 10 health each time a nearby enemy minion dies that you didn't kill. You may only be in possession of 1 Gold Income item. 2100 . :
- +8% movement speed, +30 attack damage, +30 ability power, +30% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance, +250 health, +200 mana. Unique Passive – Rage: Basic attacks grant 20 movement speed for 2 seconds on hit. Minion, monster, and champion kills grant 60 movement speed for 2 seconds. This movement speed bonus is halved for ranged champions. Unique Passive – Spellblade: After using an ability, the next basic attack deals 200% base AD bonus physical damage (1.5 second cooldown). 3703 . :
- +6% movement speed, +80 ability power, +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Active – Hunt: Summons up to 2 invulnerable ghosts that seek out the 2 nearest enemy champions for 6 seconds. If a ghost reaches its target, it reveals the tarhet and reduces their movement speed by 40% for 2.5 seconds. If a ghost cannot find a target, it tries to return to the caster. Ghosts that successfully return in this way reduce the item's cooldown by / seconds ( / second cooldown). 2400 . :
- Unique Active: Grants +20% movement speed for 6 seconds , and +40% attack speed for 6 seconds (45 second cooldown). +30 attack damage, +15% critical chance, +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive: +20 armor penetration 2700 . :
- +5% movement speed, +20% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance. 1100 . :
- +10% movement speed, +25 attack damage, +50% attack speed, 10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive – Tenacity: Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds and immobilizes by 35%. 2850 . :
Note: Only the movement speed bonus effect of these abilities is shown here. To read more about each of these abilities, follow their respective links.
- Blitzcrank's Overdrive grants him 16 / 20 / 24 / 28 / 32% increased movement speed for 8 seconds.
- Braum's Unbreakable grants him 10% increased movement speed for 3 / 3.25 / 3.5 / 3.75 / 4 seconds.
- Cassiopeia's Noxious Blast grants her 20% increased movement speed for 3 seconds if she hits a champion with the ability.
- Dr. Mundo's Sadism grants him 15 / 25 / 35% extra movement speed for 12 seconds.
- Darius's Hemorrhage grants him 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.
- Draven's Blood Rush grants him 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60% movement speed for 1.5 seconds. The movement speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration.
- Evelynn's Dark Frenzy grants her 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70% movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Fiora's Burst of Speed increases her movement speed by 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 15% for 3 seconds for each basic attacks she lands, stacking up to 3 times.
- Gangplank's Raise Morale grants him 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7% movement speed passively. He can also activate this ability to increase his movement speed by 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20% instead, also increasing nearby allied champions' movement speed by half of that amount for the duration.
- Garen's Decisive Strike grants him 35% increased movement speed for 1.5 / 2.25 / 3 / 3.75 / 4.5 seconds.
- Gnar's Hyper grants him 30% increased movement speed that decays over 3 seconds.
- GNAR! passively increases this movement speed boost to 45 / 60 / 70%.
- Hecarim's Devastating Charge grants him 75% movement speed over the course of three seconds, ending 1 second afterward, charges at 25% a second.
- Janna's Tailwind increases the movement speed of nearby allied champions approaching her by 8% while she's alive.
- Zephyr passively increases her movement speed by 9/11/13/15/17% (+2% per 100 AP) and enables her to pass through units. This bonus is lost while the ability is in cooldown.
- Jayce's Acceleration Gate deploys an Acceleration Gate for 4 seconds, increasing the movement speed of all allies who pass through it by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% for 3 seconds. This bonus fades over the duration.
- Jinx's Get Excited! grants her 175% movement speed that decays over 4 seconds when a champion or tower that Jinx has dealt damage to within the last 3 seconds is killed or destroyed.
- Karma's Inspire increases an ally's movement speed by 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60% for 1.25 seconds. If used with Karma's Mantra, nearby allies around the selected ally gains 60% bonus movement speed.
- Katarina's Sinister Steel increases her movement speed by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% for 1 second if she hits an enemy champion with this ability.
- Kayle's Divine Blessing increases an allied champion's movement speed by 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30% (+7% per 100 AP) for 3 seconds.
- Kha'Zix's Void Assault grants him 40% movement speed for 1 second. This can be cast a second time within 10 seconds, or three times in total for a duration of 2 seconds each time if upgraded to Evolved Active Camouflage.
- Lulu's Whimsy grants her or an allied champion 30% (+10% per 100 AP) movement speed for 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 seconds.
- Nidalee's Prowl increases her 10% movement speed for 2 seconds when moving through brush,which increases to 30% if she is moving toward a visible enemy champion within 5500-range; increases her 30% movement when moving a Prey enemy champion within 5500-range.
- Nocturne's Duskbringer increases his movement speed by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% while in the trail made by the ability or left by enemy champions hit by it.
- Nunu's Blood Boil grants him and the target allied unit 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15% increased movement speed for 12 seconds.
- Orianna's Command: Dissonance leaves an electric field on the area for 3 seconds. The field speeds up allies and slows enemies by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% that move over it. This effect diminishes to normal over 2 seconds after leaving the area.
- Poppy's Paragon of Demacia grants her 17 / 19 / 21 / 23 / 25% increased movement speed for 5 seconds when activated.
- Quinn's Tag Team replaces Quinn with Valor for 20 seconds on the battlefield. Valor gains 80 / 90 / 100% increased movement speed that gradually decreases to 20 / 30 / 40% while in combat.
- Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt turns stealth for / seconds or until Rengar damages an enemy. While stealthed, Rengar gains / bonus movement speed while moving toward an enemy champion.
- Rumble's Scrap Shield grants him 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% increased movement speed for 1 second. When in the "Danger Zone", this amount is increased to 15 / 22.5 / 30 / 37.5 / 45%.
- Shyvana's Burnout grants her 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% increased movement speed for 3 to 7 seconds, this bonus movement speed decreases over time.
- Sivir's On The Hunt rallies her allies for 10 seconds, granting them 60% movement speed bonus that reduces to 20% after 2 / 4 / 6 seconds.
- Skarner's Crystalline Exoskeleton grants him a shield for up to 6 seconds and bonus movement speed that increases up to 16 / 20 / 24 / 28 / 32% over 3 seconds, as long as the shield remains.
- Sona's Song of Celerity gains her 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17% (+7.5% per 100 AP) (+ 2% x Crescendo's rank) bonus movement speed that decays down to the aura bonus over 3 seconds. The duration is increased by 0.5 seconds for each ally she tags with the aura. AURA: Allied champions tagged with Song of Celerity's aura gain 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14% (+3.5% per 100 AP) (+ 2% x Crescendo's rank) movement speed for 1.5 seconds..
- Talon's Shadow Assault will stealth Talon for 2.5 seconds and grant him 40% increased movement speed.
- Teemo's Move Quick increases his movement speed by 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26% until he is struck by a champion or a turret. He can activate it to gain double the passive, for 3 seconds, which cannot be cancelled by a hit.
- Trundle's Frozen Domain coats an area with ice for 8 seconds, gaining 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% movement speed while on it.
- Twitch's Ambush grants him 20% movement speed while stealthed, maximum duration of 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds.
- Udyr's Bear Stance grants him 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% increased movement speed for 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds upon activation.
- Viktor's Siphon Power grants him 30% movement speed bonus for 2.5 seconds if he augmented the ability with Augment: Turbocharge.
- Volibear's Rolling Thunder grants him 15% bonus movement speed for 4 seconds. The bonus increases to 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% if he is moving towards a nearby visible enemy champion.
- Warwick's Blood Scent gains 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% increased movement speed when he senses enemy champions under 50% life within 1500 / 2300 / 3100 / 3900 / 4700 distance of him.
- Wukong's Cyclone gains him an increasing 5% movement speed bonus every half second for the duration of the spell, with the bonus disappearing once he stops spinning.
- Yorick's Omen of War summons a ghoul, which when alive (max duration is 5 seconds) grants Yorick 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% increased movement speed.
- Zilean's Time Warp slows an enemy champion's movement speed or increases an allied champion's movement speed by 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 99% for 2.5 seconds.
- Flash upgraded by Distortion gives a 30% speed boost for 1 second after using the summoner spell.
- Ghost allows your champion to ignore unit collision and gain 27% movement speed for 10 seconds. With , the movement speed boost increased to 40% for the duration.
- Teleport along with will grant the user 30% movement speed for 3 seconds after teleporting.
- Fleet of Foot gives 0.5 / 1 / 1.5% movement speed.
- Wanderer gives 20 movement speed while out of combat.
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
|Quintessence||0.83 %||1.17 %||1.5 %|
Multiplicative speed boosts
Most speed boosts stack additively, but a select few stack multiplicatively with other speed boosts. These do not stack additionally with other percentage movement speed bonus, but rather are multiplied after all other percentage movement speed have been calculated. Multiplicative bonuses are notable for disregarding movement speed diminishing returns.
- Unique Active – Quicksilver: Grants 50% bonus movement speed for 1 second. 3700 . :
- Galio's Righteous Gust creates a directional draft for 5 seconds which increases the movement speed of allies passing through it by 20 / 28 / 36 / 44 / 52%.
- Master Yi's Highlander increases his movement speed by 25 / 35 / 45% for 10 seconds.
- Rammus's Powerball movement speed bonus increases by 20% a second for a maximum bonus of 140% after 7 seconds.
- Kennen's Lightning Rush increases movement speed by 100% for 2 seconds.
- The 30% movement speed bonus when using Flash with is multiplicative.
- Heal grants 30% movement speed to the targeted ally and yourself for 1 seconds.
Decreasing movement speed
There are many ways to decrease a champion's movement speed, with the most usual one being through champion abilities. For a full list of slows, see here.
Base movement speeds by champion
Old slow stacking
Since patch 5.13 only slow with the highest value is affecting. All additional slows are ignored.
Prior to patch 5.13 slow stacked:
Slowing effects followed particular rules when stacking:
- If a champion was affected by multiple slows, the strongest one would be fully applied, while the others were applied sequentially with 65% reduced effectiveness down to 35% of its original strength.
- Slow effects derived from items with the same name or named item effect did NOT stack, even when coming from different champions. Only the strongest item slow was applied at any moment. The exception to this was the active effect of , , and , which stacked with other slowing items normally, because they were considered champion abilities for slow stacking purposes.
- Attacking a champion with the Crest of Cinders buff when the target was already affected by that slow would reapply the debuff, resetting its duration. It would NOT increase the slow amount. The same holded true for the Exhaust summoner spell.
A champion with a raw movement speed of 400 was affected by a 2 second long 40% slow and a 5 second long 20% slow at the same time.
- For the first two seconds, they would have (1 − 0.4) × (1 − 0.2 × 0.35) = 0.6 × 0.93 = 55.8% of his original movement speed (a 44.2% effective slow). So he would have 400 × 0.558 = 223.2 raw movement speed.
- For the following three seconds, the effective slow would be 20% and so he would have 400 × 0.8 = 320 movement speed.
- After that, he would return to his normal speed of 400.