A champion with 312.5 movement speed (half of Annie's range) will take 2 seconds to travel that distance.
Each champion begins the game with a particular base movement speed, ranging from 325 (e.g. Anivia and Nautilus) to 355 ( Master Yi and Pantheon) units per second. For a list of all champions' base movement speed, see base champion statistics.
This base movement speed can be increased by flat bonuses and percentage bonuses and reduced by slows. These effects can come from items, champion abilities, spells, masteries, runes or neutral buffs.
A champion's movement speed is given by the following formula:
- (Base Movement Speed + Flat Movement Bonuses) × (1 + Percentage Movement Bonuses) × (Slow Ratio × Slow Resist Ratio)
Diminishing returns are then applied to the result.
Flat bonuses are applied first, then percent bonuses and slows, then diminishing returns. Because bonuses and slows are applied to each other, a champion affected by a 20% bonus and a 20% slow still has a net reduced movement speed (e.g. 300 × 1.2 × 0.8 = 288).
Movement speed caps Edit
When the raw movement speed is greater than 415, there are two soft caps applied:
- The raw speed between 415 and 490 gets multiplied by 80%.
- The raw speed over 490 gets multiplied by 50%.
The two ranges have their reductions applied at the same time before being added back together.
- As an example, if the calculated raw speed is 600 before soft caps kick in, it is reduced to (600 − 490) × 0.5 + (490 − 415) × 0.8 + 415 = 530, which means an 11.7% reduction of the original movement speed.
These are the simplified formulas:
- If the raw speed is 415 or under, no cap is applied.
- If the raw speed is between 415 and 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS × 0.8 + 83.
- If the raw speed is above 490, final speed is soft capped to RawMS × 0.5 + 230.
When the raw movement speed is less than 220 another soft cap is used:
- If the raw speed below 220, it gets multiplied by 50% and added to 110.
- Example: if the calculated raw speed is 180 before soft caps kick in, it is increased to 180 × 0.5 + 110 = 200.
Slow stacking Edit
Slowing effects follow particular rules when stacking:
- If a champion is affected by multiple slows, the strongest one will be fully applied, while the others are applied sequentially with 65% reduced effectiveness down to 35% of its original strength.
- Slow effects derived from items' passives do NOT stack, even when coming from different champions. Only the strongest item slow is applied at any moment. The exception to this is the active effect of , , and , which stacks with other slowing items normally because they are considered champion abilities for slow stacking purposes.
- Attacking a champion with the Blessing of the Lizard Elder buff when the target is already affected by that slow will reapply the debuff, resetting its duration. It will NOT increase the slow amount. The same holds true for the Exhaust summoner spell.
A champion with a raw movement speed of 400 is affected by a 2 second long 40% slow and a 5 second long 20% slow at the same time.
- For the first two seconds, he will have (1 − 0.4) × (1 − 0.2 × 0.35) = 0.6 × 0.93 = 55.8% of his original movement speed (a 44.2% effective slow). So he will have 400 × 0.558 = 223.2 raw movement speed.
- For the following three seconds, the effective slow will be 20% and so he will have 400 × 0.8 = 320 movement speed.
- After that, he will return to his normal speed of 400.
Slow Resist Edit
Slow Resist is a statistic that reduces the effectiveness of slows by a percentage. It may currently only be gained by the Relentless mastery, and Sejuani's Frost Armor. Slow Resist stacks multiplicatively.
Increasing flat movement speed Edit
Purchasing boots from the store grants a champion a flat increase in movement speed. The effect given by boots is called Enhanced Movement and is unique, which means that if a champion has multiple pairs of boots, they will only receive the highest Enhanced Movement bonus. The bonus from boots is quite big compared to their cost and is essential for all champions.
In addition, some champions have abilities that increase their movement speed by a flat amount.
This is a complete list of boots, ordered by cost:
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +25 movement speed. 350 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +45 movement speed. +20% attack speed. 900 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +45 movement speed.Unique Passive: Blocks 10% of the damage from champion basic attacks. +25 armor. 1000 gold
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +45 movement speed. Increase to +105 when out of combat for 5 seconds. 1000 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +60 movement speed. Unique Passive - Slow Resist: Movement slowing effects are reduced by 25%. 1000 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +45 movement speed. Unique Passive: +15% cooldown reduction. 1000 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +45 movement speed. +15 magic penetration. 1100 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Enhanced movement: +45 movement speed. +25 magic resistance. Unique Passive - Tenacity: The duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds, and immobilizes are reduced by 35%. 1200 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Alacrity: You gain +15 movement speed. 475 gold.
The bonus given by boots is a flat increase to the champion's base movement speed, meaning that it will increase the effectiveness of percentage bonuses.
Flat increase Edit
- Elise's Spider Form passively grants her 10 flat movement speed while she is in spider form.
- Evelynn's Dark Frenzy grants her 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 flat movement speed for 3 seconds each time she hits an enemy champion with her abilities. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Jayce's Hextech Capacitor grants him 40 movement speed for 1.25 seconds each time Transform is cast.
- Kennen's Lightning Rush grants him 335 flat movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Miss Fortune's Strut passively grants her 25 flat movement speed after not taking any damage for 5 or more seconds, increasing by 9 each second up to 70 flat movement speed.
- Nami's Surging Tides grants 40 flat movement speed for 1.5 seconds when Nami's abilities hit allied champions.
- Nidalee's Aspect of the Cougar passively grants her 20 flat movement speed while she is in cougar form.
- Quinn's Heightened Senses grants her 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 flat movement speed when she attacks a target marked as Vulnerable by Harrier.
- Ryze's Desperate Power grants him 35 / 45 / 55 flat movement speed for 5 / 6 / 7 seconds.
- Singed's Insanity Potion grants him 35 / 50 / 65 flat movement speed for 25 seconds.
- Sivir's Fleet of Foot grants her 50 flat movement speed for 2 seconds when she hits an enemy champion with her abilities or basic attacks.
- Sona's Song of Celerity passively grants nearby allied champions 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 flat movement speed.
- Udyr's Monkey's Agility gives him 5 flat movement speed per stance activated up to a maximum of 15.
- Vayne's Night Hunter passively grants her 30 flat movement speed when moving towards an enemy champion. The activation of Final Hour grants her 90 flat movement speed for 8 / 10 / 12 seconds when moving towards an enemy champion instead.
Increasing Percentage movement speed Edit
- : Unique Passive - Captain: Allied champions running toward you gain 8% bonus movement speed. Nearby minions gain 20% bonus movement speed. 750 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Furor: Whenever you deal damage with a single target attack or spell, you gain 12% movement speed that decays over 2 seconds. 650 gold.
- : Unique Passive - Homeguard: Whenever you are at fountain, you instantly gain full health and mana, and gain a 200% movement speed boost that decays over 8 seconds. The bonus movement speed is lost upon entering combat. The effect cannot activate while in combat. 475 gold.
- : +5% movement speed, +80 ability power, +250 mana. Unique Passive – Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 50 + 75% of your ability power. 2 second cooldown. 3000 gold
- : +5% movement speed, +50% attack speed, +30% critical strike chance. 2800 gold
- : Unique Active – Quicksilver: Removes all debuffs from your champion. Melee champions also gain +50% movement speed for 1 second. 90 second cooldown. +60 attack damage, +45 magic resist. 3700 gold
- : Unique Active: Nearby champions gain +40% movement speed for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown. +250 health, +10 health regeneration per 5, +10 mana regeneration per 5. Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. 2100 gold
- : +6% movement speed, +40% attack speed, +20% critical strike chance. Unqiue Passive: Moving and attacking build Static Charges. At 100 Charges, your next attack expends the Charges to deal 100 magic damage to up to 4 targets. This damage can critically strike. 2500 gold
- : +8% movement speed, +30 ability power, +30 attack damage, +30% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance, +250 health, +200 mana. Unique Passive - Icy: On hit, 25% chance for target to be slowed by 30% (20% for ranged) for 2 seconds. Unique Passive - Spellblade: On cast, for 10 seconds, your next standard attack deals extra damage equal to 150% of your base attack damage. Cooldown 2 seconds. 3843 gold
- : +6% movement speed, +40 ability power, +40 magic resist. Unqiue Active - Hunt: Summons up to 2 invulnerable ghost for 6 seconds to seek the two nearest enemy champions. If they touch an enemy champion, they slow their movement speed by 40% and reveal them for 2.5 seconds. 120 second cooldown. 1900 gold
- : Unique active: You gain +40% attack speed and +20% movement speed for 6 seconds (4 seconds for ranged). 45 second cooldown. +30 attack damage, +15% critical chance. Unique passive: +20 armor penetration, +10% cooldown reduction. 2700 gold
- : +5% movement speed, +18% attack speed, +10% critical strike chance. 1175 gold
- : +10% movement speed, +25 attack damage, +50% attack speed, 10% cooldown reduction. Unique Passive - Tenacity: The duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds, and immobilizes are reduced by 35%. 2850 gold
- : At 20 stacks, you gain +15% movement speed. +10 attack damage. Unique Passive: You gain +5 attack damage per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. 1200 gold
Twisted Treeline and Dominion Edit
- : Unique Passive: +10% movement speed. +50 ability power. +300 health. Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction. Unique Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds. 60 seconds cooldown. 1920 gold
Champion abilities Edit
Note: Only the movement speed bonus effect of these abilities is shown here. To read more about each of these abilities, follow their respective links.
- Blitzcrank's Overdrive grants him 16 / 20 / 24 / 28 / 32% increased movement for 8 seconds.
- Cassiopeia's Noxious Blast grants her 15 / 17.5 / 20 / 22.5 / 25% increased movement for three seconds if she hits a champion with the ability.
- Dr. Mundo's Sadism grants him 15 / 25 / 35% extra movement speed for 12 seconds.
- Darius's Hemorrhage grants him 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.
- Draven's Blood Rush grants him 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60% movement speed for 1.5 seconds. The movement speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration.
- Evelynn's Dark Frenzy grants her 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70% movement speed for 3 seconds.
- Fiora's Burst of Speed increases her movement speeds by 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 15% for 3 seconds for each basic attacks she lands, stacking up to 3 times.
- Galio's Righteous Gust creates a directional draft for 5 seconds which increases the movement speed of allies passing through it by 20 / 28 / 36 / 44 / 52%.
- Gangplank's Raise Morale grants him 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7% movement speed passively. He can also activate this ability to increase his movement speed by 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20% instead, also increasing nearby allied champions' movement speed by half of that amount for the duration.
- Garen's Decisive Strike grants him 35% increased movement for 1.5 / 2.25 / 3 / 3.75 / 4.5 seconds.
- Hecarim's Devastating Charge grants him 75% movement speed over the course of three seconds, ending one second afterward.
- Janna's Tailwind increases the movement speed of all allied champions by 3% while she's alive.
- Janna's Zephyr passively increases her movement speed by 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16% and enables her to pass through units. This bonus is lost while the ability is in cooldown.
- Jayce's Acceleration Gate deploys an Acceleration Gate for 4 seconds, increasing the movement speed of all allies who pass through it by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% for 3 seconds. This bonus fades over the duration.
- Karma's Inspire increases an ally's movement speed by 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60% for 1.25 seconds. If used with Karma's Mantra, nearby ally around the selected ally gains 60% bonus movement speed.
- Katarina's Sinister Steel increases her movement speed by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% for 1 second if she hits an enemy with this ability.
- Kayle's Divine Blessing increases an allied champion's movement speed by 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30% for 3 seconds.
- Kha'Zix's Void Assault grants him 40% movement speed for 1 second.
- Lulu's Whimsy grants her or an allied champion 35% movement speed for 5 seconds.
- Malphite's Seismic Shard steals 14 / 17 / 20 / 23 / 26% movement speed from the target as a flat movement speed bonus for 4 seconds. The flat bonus is applied after any other movement speed bonuses.
- Master Yi's Highlander increases his movement speed by 40% for 8 / 10 / 12 seconds.
- Nidalee's Prowl grants her 15% movement speed for 2 seconds when moving through brush.
- Nocturne's Duskbringer increases his movement speed by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% while in the trail made by the ability or left by enemy champions hit by it.
- Nunu's Blood Boil grants him and the target allied unit 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15% increased movement speed for 12 seconds.
- Orianna's Command: Dissonance leaves an electric field on the area for 3 seconds. The field speeds up allies and slows enemies by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% that move over it. This effect diminishes to normal over 2 seconds after leaving the area.
- Poppy's Paragon of Demacia grants her 17 / 19 / 21 / 23 / 25% increased movement speed for 5 seconds when activated.
- Quinn's Tag Team replaces Quinn with Valor for 20 seconds on the battlefield. Valor gains 80 / 90 / 100% increased movement speed that gradually decreases to 20 / 30 / 40% while in combat.
- Rammus's Powerball grants him 30% initial bonus movement speed plus additional bonus movement speed while active (roughly 10% of his movement speed every second). It lasts up to 7 seconds.
- Rengar's Thrill of the Hunt grants him 20 / 25 / 30% increased movement speed for up to 7 seconds, until he uses an ability or attack.
- Rumble's Scrap Shield grants him 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% increased movement speed for 1 second. When in the "Danger Zone", this amount is increased by 25%.
- Shyvana's Burnout grants her 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% increased movement speed for 3 to 7 seconds, this bonus movement speed decreases over time.
- Singed's Insanity Potion grants him a flat bonus of 35 / 50 / 65 increased movement speed for 25 seconds.
- Sivir's On The Hunt grants her and nearby allies 20% extra movement speed for 10 seconds.
- Skarner's Crystalline Exoskeleton grants him an absorption shield for up to 6 seconds and 15 / 17 / 19 / 21 / 23% extra movement speed for as long as the shield remains.
- Sona's Song of Celerity increases the movement speed of nearby allies by 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14% for 1.5 seconds upon activation.
- Talon's Shadow Assault will stealth Talon for 2.5 seconds and grant him 40% increased movement speed.
- Teemo's Move Quick increases his movement speed by 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26% until he is struck by a champion or a turret. He can activate it to gain double the passive, for 3 seconds, which cannot be cancelled by a hit.
- Trundle's Contaminate infects a target location with his curse for 8 seconds, granting him 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% movement speed while on it.
- Twitch's Ambush grants him 20% movement speed while stealthed, maximum duration of 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds.
- Udyr's Bear Stance grants him 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% increased movement speed for 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds upon activation.
- Viktor's Power Transfer grants him 30% movement speed bonus for 3 seconds if the Hex Core is Augment : Power.
- Volibear's Rolling Thunder grants him 15% bonus movement speed for 4 seconds. The bonus increase to 45% if he is moving towards a nearby visible enemy champion.
- Warwick's Blood Scent gains 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% increased movement speed when he senses enemy champions under 50% life within 1500 / 2300 / 3100 / 3900 / 4700 distance of him.
- Wukong's Cyclone gains him an increasing 5% movement speed bonus every half second for the duration of the spell, with the bonus disappearing once he stops spinning.
- Xerath's Locus of Power: upon deactivation, Xerath gains 35% movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Yorick's Omen of War summons a ghoul, which when alive (max duration is 5 seconds) grants Yorick 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% increased movement speed.
- Zilean's Time Warp increases an allied champion's movement speed by 55% for 2.5 / 3.25 / 4 / 4.75 / 5.5 seconds.
Summoner spells Edit
- Ghost allows your champion to ignore unit collision and gain 27% movement speed for 10 seconds.
- Revive instantly revives your champion at your team's summoner platform and grants a 125% movement speed increase which decays over 12 seconds.
- Summoner's Wrath increases the Movement Speed of your Ghost spell to 35%.
- Wanderer gives 0.66 / 1.33 / 2% Movement Speed when out of combat.
- Nimble gives 3% Movement Speed.
- Swiftness runes increase movement speed.
- Quintessence of the Speedy Specter runes increase movement speed by 1.39% each. (Tier 2.5)
|Name||Type||Tier 1 (Lesser)||Tier 2 (Normal)||Tier 3 (Greater)|
Neutral Buffs Edit
Multiplicative speed boosts Edit
Most speed boosts stack additively, but a select few stack multiplicatively with other speed boosts.
Decreasing movement speed Edit
There are many ways to decrease a champion movement speed, with the most usual one being through champion abilities. For a full list of slows, see here.
Base movement speeds by champion Edit
General video guide regarding movement speed and slows Edit