|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Nami has very high potential in ganking. Her passive Surging Tides gives bonus movement speed for 1.5 seconds, which is enough for a teammate to catch up to an opposing enemy.
- Tidal Wave should be used immediately in large team fights to gain an advantage. It can also be used to catch up to retreating enemies.
- When Tidal Wave passes through ally champions, it grants Nami's innate ability Surging Tides.
- Aqua Prison can be cast on an ally just to apply Nami's innate ablility Surging Tides.
- Tidal Wave and Aqua Prison can interrupt channeling spells, like Death Lotus, Requiem and Absolute Zero.
- Ebb and Flow is great for casting in a 2v2 fight in bot lane. It damages your enemies, heals an ally and activates your passive Surging Tides, which will provide a significant advantage.
- Ebb and Flow bounces between allied and enemy champions and doesn't hit the same target twice, depending on which side you cast the ability on.
- If cast on an allied champion, the spell will hit as follows: ally → enemy → ally. If cast on an enemy champion, the spell will hit as follows: enemy → ally → enemy. If there is no appropriate unit for the middle bounce effect, such as if no enemy unit is around in an ally → enemy → ally bounce, only the initial cast will occur.
- This ability can deal a lot of damage if quickly combined with Aqua Prison and followed by Tidal Wave, this burst is somewhat near to that of a mage character and can kill fragile opponents if you have a lot of AP
- The bounce range of Ebb and Flow is larger than the cast range, so sometimes casting Ebb and Flow on yourselves can achieve longer range than casting Ebb and Flow straight on enemy.
- Tidecaller's Blessing works great with skillshot champions like Corki and Ezreal, because of their great poking potential and how they rely on spamming basic attacks between skillshots. It's also extremely effective on champions with powerful auto-attack modifiers such as Draven or Kog'Maw to create powerful harassment which is more difficult to escape from.
- Nami is a squishy champion, so be careful not to let yourself get caught alone. Positioning is always important.
- Care should be taken when utilizing and choosing targets for Nami's abilities:
- Aqua Prison Offensively, should be cast on squishy targets, like an AD carry or a support, unless they have high mobility or can easily dodge it (like Ezreal or Vayne). In these cases, you should instead aim at a target with a lower chance of dodging it. Defensively, it's (more reliably) useful to peel for your carries after they've been jumped at by someone with a gapcloser, like Pantheon or Vi, or interrupt a channeled ability like Katarina's Death Lotus or Varus's Piercing Arrow.
- When prioritizing healing, Ebb and Flow should be cast on allies: this will potentially heal two allies or yourself as well. On the other hand, when harassing, prioritizing enemies may result in two enemies taking damage while healing one ally or yourself.
- Tidecaller's Blessing damage increases with your AP, not the allied champion you cast it onto. Unlike most other attack steroids, there is no need to choose a high damage or attack speed target. As long as your target attacks three times in six seconds, you get the full effect of the skill. A slower attack speed target may even be able to apply the slow longer. It will, however, benefit from the allied champion's magic penetration.
- It will also work with champions that are using on-hit builds like Teemo and with abilities that apply on-hit effects like Gangplank's Parrrley.
- Tidecaller's Blessing synergizes well with Fizz's Seastone Trident when used in conjunction with the Spellsword mastery, giving your ally great magic damage output on his basic attacks.
- If you see that your teammate needs to escape or is chasing an enemy down, you can use either your Ebb and Flow or Tidecaller's Blessing to quickly activate your passive, Surging Tides increasing your allies movement speed.
- Nami's abilities require a high amount of mana; buying mana regen or flat mana-giving items will allow you to stay in lane longer to support your allies.
- If played as support Nami has many viable builds; choose items that suit her lane partner and/or counter the opposing duo.
- If you're aiming for mana, try buying items that grant plenty of mana, such as and . If combined, these items can give you some decent survivability and AP.
- If your aim is for mana regen, try or . Another option is , a more support-oriented item that could replace ; the downside is that doesn't provide cooldown reduction.
- All of Nami's abilities have long cooldowns, and they hardly reduce by levelling, so items that grant CDR like and will definitely help you.
- may be your first choice of boots if you're a support; however, the previous three mentioned items will give you max cooldown reduction, so these boots would be useless. Trying other boots, such as or , should be equally as beneficial in case you wanted to move around faster to keep in position, or pack more damage into your spells.
- If you are being focused by the enemy team because you are a good support then a / might be a viable choice.
- is a relatively cheap item, it can provide some more healing sustain, and it can later be built into .
- is a great item if you want to maximilize your slow effectiveness on your offensive skills. Both Ebb and Flow and Tidal Wave can benefit from this very well, since first skill can bounce to enemies and apply full slow and your ultimate can apply additional slow. Beside that you will gain additional HP that can stack effectively with your Sightstone, and portion of AP for even more damage with your Tidecaller's Blessing.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline!|
- Like all squishy champions, Nami can be countered and easily targeted by assassin champions with stealth like: Evelynn, Shaco and Teemo and champions with gap closers like Fiora, Jax and Xin Zhao.
- Aqua Prison and Tidal Wave are both fairly easy to sidestep, but be careful when you are fighting in the jungle or being chased, as this limits where you can go in order to dodge both abilities.
- Use any item that grants Tenacity. It will render most of her crowd control useless.