|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Nasus was designed by Ezreal.
- Nasus received a visual update in Patch 3.14. With this, Nasus had his model reworked, ability particles updated and replaced his old voice.
- Nasus, before his visual update, was voiced by , who passed away in 2011.
- Nasus bears a great resemblance to the Egyptian god .
- Nasus has a brother named Renekton who may be based on .
- Nasus' scepter has a model that is similar to a , a scepter held by Egyptian gods.
- Nasus is one of a few champions to have multiple textures in one skin. When he uses Fury of the Sands, in addition to growing in size, his armor turns silver and his skin turns jet black.
- Nasus' original name during development was "Ammon".
- Nasus' old dance was the famous "Walk like an Egyptian".
- Nasus is one of four champions that can infinitely increase their stats by using their abilities. Nasus can continuously stack up Siphoning Strike's damage. The other three who can increase their stats indefinitely are Sion with Enrage, Veigar with Baleful Strike, and Thresh with Damnation.
- Unlike the other three, Nasus' Siphoning Strike stacks do not affect him in any way aside from higher damage on the ability.
- His joke is a quote from the famous song "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by .
- The quote "Where angels fear to tread" comes from Alexander Pope in his but has been used since its original creation.
- In the Polish client, his joke "Wy nie wiecie, a ja wiem, jak rozmawiać trzeba z psem", (You don't know, but I do know how to talk with dogs) is a reference to Akademia Pana Kleksa.
- His quote, "Hope is the opiate of the frail," is an adaptation of Karl Marx's famous aphorism, "Religion is the opiate of the masses." (Or, in the original German, "Die Religion ist das Opium des Volkes.")
- He shares the quote, "I will bury you alive!" with Yorick.
- His quote "By fire be purged!" is a reference to Ragnaros.
- This quote is shared by Kael'Thas in .
- It is a direct reference to the alien humanoid Egyptian guards of Ra from the franchise.
- He shares this theme theme with Renekton.
- It refers to a Canine Unit (AKA K-9 Unit) of a police force as Nasus is sporting Riot police gear.
- Originally unavailable for purchase and only obtainable through skin cards handed out at events such as Gamescom 2011, was made available for purchase through the Riot Store on August 16, 2012 through August 19th, 2012 for 975.
- He shares this theme with Graves, Singed and Blitzcrank.
- He shares this theme with Garen.
- He has a dance that is a direct reference to Snoop Dogg's "Drop it like it's hot" dance, commonly seen on Blingee.
- His ultimate form resembles Cerberus, the mythical three headed dog that guards the gate of hell, according to the Greek mythology.
- He shares this theme with Alistar.
- In another world, Nasus was part of a race of animalistic creatures that served as the rulers and protectors of the people. He was known as the Keeper of the Great Library, teaching the scholars who came to study at the library about the Cycle of Life and Death.
- Nasus wishes to slay his brother Renekton, believing him to be beyond redemption.
- Nasus is most at home in the ruins of the Shurima Desert.
|Infernal Nasus Theme|