|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Nautilus was designed by Xypherous.
- His initial concept was "Ivan, the Mad Bomber" and was a Human explosive expert.
- In Greek, the term "Nautilus" means "Sailor."
- A Nautilus is a marine species of the cephalopod, Nautilidae family, and is related to squid species.
- Nautilus is also the name of the fictional submarine from the book .
- It is also the name of the first nuclear powered submarine, the USS Nautilus (SSN-571).
- In the lore, the black water responsible for turning Nautilus into his current state is a possible reference to the cartoon, .
- Nautilus' dance reference is clearly seen as the Peeparoonie Dance. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- In Nautilus' Art Spotlight, around 2:50, a tab saying Urgot Mech can be seen in the top left.
- This was likely the development name for Battlecast Urgot.
- Nautilus has one of the longest attack animations of any champion. This can lead to odd and unexpected hits, as the enemy finds themselves stunned or damaged, even though they are visually beyond his range. It is sometimes unclear at what point in the animation an attack is considered to have hit.
- Nautilus was released without the "Tank" tag, but it was confirmed that the absence of the tag was an error which would be fixed. Nautilus is indeed primarily a tank.
- When Nautilus stands idle long enough, he does the famous pose.
- Nautilus bears a resemblance to the Big Daddy from the BioShock series, as they both have classic diving suits.
- He bears a resemblance to the Barrelchest robot from RuneScape, which also wields an anchor and shares a similar body shape.
- He also bears some minor resemblances to from the franchise.
- In the cinematic "A New Dawn", Nautilus has a winch that reels in his anchor through an opening on his right shoulder. The winch and opening are not present in his splash art or in game model.
- He bears a strong resemblance to the of the Black Legion from the franchise, both featuring a black and yellow color scheme.
- It is primarily inspired by classic novel, .
- In the skin's splash art, there is a small statue in the bottom left corner with a appearance.
- Its Chinese splash art has sitting on one of the rocks.
- It was a community requested skin, inspired by MaTTcomGO's artwork.
- The skin's splash art features Astronaut Teemo in the background.
- Coincidentally, the skin was released in the Public Beta Environment 2 days after the death of , the first man to walk on the moon.
- He shares this theme with Teemo
- This skin was initially called Inquisitor, but it was changed due to not fitting with the theme of the skin.
- Both of the names are a reference to the series.
- The skin could be a reference to the Wardens from the Warcraft series.
- His appearance resembles the Stag (Protectorate side of Summoner's Rift).
- He shares this theme with Jax, Karma, and Sivir.
- As mentioned in "First light after the Harrowing", Nautilus managed to stall or defeat a part the Black Mist one year ago (relative to the passage), in defense of Bilgewater. Nautilus fought the menace from the Shadow Isles a few miles from Bilgewater itself.
- Related Themes