Make sure to stock up on some Poro-snax as we vote, discuss and recap all the things that happened this year in League.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Nautilus was designed by Xypherous.
- In Greek, the term "Nautilus" means "Sailor."
- A Nautilus is a marine species of the cephalopod, Nautilidae family, and is related to squid species.
- Nautilus is also the name of the fictional submarine from the book .
- It is also the name of the first nuclear powered submarine, the USS Nautilus (SSN-571).
- Nautilus bears a resemblance to the
from the BioShock series, as they both have classic diving suits.
- Additionally, in Nautilus' Champion Spotlight, he was presenting his skills on Annie, who bears a resemblance to the that are protected by the Big Daddies.
- He also bears a resemblance to the Barrelchest robot from RuneScape, which also wields an anchor.
- In the lore, the black water responsible for turning Nautilus into his current state is a possible reference to the cartoon, .
- Nautilus' dance reference is clearly seen as the Peeparoonie Dance. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- In Nautilus' Art Spotlight, around 2:50, a tab saying Urgot Mech can be seen in the top left.
- This was likely the development name for Battlecast Urgot.
- Nautilus has one of the longest attack animations of any champion. This can lead to odd and unexpected hits, as the enemy finds themselves stunned or damaged, even though they are visually beyond his range. It is sometimes unclear at what point in the animation an attack is considered to have hit.
- Nautilus was released without the "Tank" tag, but it was confirmed that the absence of the tag was an error which would be fixed. Nautilus is indeed primarily a tank.
- When Nautilus stands idle long enough, he does the famous pose.
- Nautilus resembles and is probably a reference to the Ghost People from Fallout New Vegas: Sierra Madre DLC.
- He bears a strong resemblance to the of the Black Legion from the franchise, both featuring a black and yellow color scheme.
- It is primarily inspired by classic novel, .
- In the skin's splash art, there is a small statue in the bottom left corner with a appearance.
- Its Chinese splash art has sitting on one of the rocks.
- It was a community requested skin, inspired by MaTTcomGO's artwork.
- The skin's splash art features Astronaut Teemo in the background.
- Coincidentally, the skin was released in the Public Beta Environment 2 days after the death of , the first man to walk on the moon.
- He shares this theme with Teemo
- As mentioned in the "First light after the Harrowing", Nautilus managed to stall or defeat a part the Black Mist one year ago, in defense of Bilgewater. Nautilus fought the menace from the Shadow Isles a few miles from Bilgewater itself