|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- If Dredge Line deals the killing blow, it will drag Nautilus to where the target was upon death, as if the skill had hit terrain.
- Titan's Wrath and Riptide are excellent farming tools when used together, as they each deal a good amount of area of effect damage.
- Titan's Wrath resets your autoattack timer, so timing it right after a basic attack can allow for a quick second hit.
- If you are farming minions, Staggering Blow can be a great tool to increase your last-hitting capabilities due to its free bonus-damage.
- Be careful when chasing an enemy under the turret with Dredge Line. If you miss and hit the turret, you'll end up horribly off position.
- Be sure about your position while using Riptide. You must be close enough to catch the opponent because this spell is pretty slow in animation.
- The range on Dredge Line is a bit further than the indicator shows. Experiment on terrain to see how far you can be to proc the skill shot.
- Dredge Line is a fantastic method of travel, especially at higher levels. When running around between lanes, use it on terrain to pull yourself along faster. The same goes for fleeing; if a fight goes bad, run for the nearest turret or open terrain, and pull yourself to it for a quick escape. For a quick start after recalling or respawning, latch on to your nexus.
- To perfrom the highest crowd control/burst combo on a target send Depth Charge after them. Right when the opponent is in landing back to the ground follow up with an easy Dredge Line and a mid-air Riptide to ensure a second explosios hit. Finally hit them for Staggering Blow and use Titan's Wrath for the autoattack rest, bonus damage and absorving counter-attack
- Mark squishy/high priority targets with Depth Charge in order to give your team a good chance to kill them. It's also useful for stopping channels, such as Katarina's Death Lotus. Also, the squishy targets tend to be at the back their team so you'll be able to hit their entire team with the pass through damage instead of only one target with the explosion damage
- Remember that Staggering Blow is an immobilization, which means it does nothing to stop channeled ultimates.
- Dredge Line can stop channeled abilities like Warwick's Infinite Duress.
- Attack speed can speed up jungling by increasing the amount of damage your Titan's Wrath does over time, since each attack immediately applies the first tick of the damage over time.
- Nautilus can jungle because Titan's Wrath and Riptide are extremely effective for clearing out minion camps.
- Building resistances will generally give your shield more effective health than building health, despite the health ratio on it.
- helps both in tanking and increasing your damage especially since Nautilus is such a good initiator and often in the middle of the enemy team's zone in fights.
- Nautilus has really high ability power ratios for a tank, making one or two tanky mage items desirable on him. offers a good deal of health and ability power. It's build path item solves Nautilus mana problems when he does not have the Crest of the Ancient Golem
- On games when you are far ahead you can consider odd item picks like or just to furtherly stoomp over your weakeaned enemy team. It's worth noting that Nautilus gets outrageously bursty with some ability power
- While does increase the damage amount absorbed by Titan's Wrath, it doesn't increase your overall damage output, making the enemy less likely to focus you during fights.
- or can be an effective alternatives as the slows can help you get more Staggering Blow hits.
- offer a lot of different stats all of which Nautilus really likes. The slow field that creates adds even more distruption and crowd control to Nautilus alredy overloaded kit, making it very desiable.
- gives a lot of health a world of armor and gifts Nautilus with an extra CC abbility to use while he is suffering from his long cooldowns.
- Nautilus depends greatly on his abilities to deal damage so building CDR to counter his large cooldowns will allow you to do great amounts of damage to the enemy team.
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Titan's Wrath has a very long CD time, especially early before Nautilus gets it to high levels and has more CDR. Try running out the clock on the ability, then hit him during that cooldown window.
- Titan's Wrath can add up to significant damage over the course of a team fight. Consider diverting a couple of attacks to break the shield when you see him use it.
- Nautilus can be used as a CC heavy support like Leona with a harder to land initiation but with more damage and CC , getting caught by his combo and his lane partner can be even deadlier than getting grabbed by Blitzcrank.
- Nautilus is one of the few tanks that has strong magic damage, so consider building magic resistance.
- While Nautilus has burst damage, this is moot when his abilities are on cooldown. Try to engage him after he has used several abilities.
- Dredge Line draws Nautilus to terrain, so when running from him, try and stay away from terrain, or a miss may still bring him closer.
- With enough ability power Nautilus can burst down a squishy target (ADC , APC) like a mage , but including an overwhelming amount of CC
- He will combo with Dredge Line, followed by Riptide (that will likely hit twice) , all while he has his shield up, and finish the it landing an an unavoidable Depth Charge , that has even more harsher CC and a devastating blow of damage.
- Nautilus will think twice of following the attack if you avoid Dredge Line , as it will be much harder for him to combo , and Dredge Line has quite a damaging blow , that Nautilus can't hope to miss, as he is just left with Depth Charge to close the gap , and loosing a significant amount of damage.
- Nautilus has early mana problems , force him to overuse his abilities.
- Stand still when he uses his Riptide to prevent the extra magic damage the spell deals when it moves.
- Even standing still it's very likely to get hit by two explosions if you are using any champion bigger than Teemo or Lulu
- Getting hit by 3 explosions is impossible if you are still but almost confirmed to hit if you are moving.