- used to be the name for ' .
- Nocturne is the only champion to have spoken lines in the major cinematics.
- Nocturne comes from French: either the unisex adjective "nightly" or the masculine noun meaning
- His name's roots are Latin noun nox "night" & adjective nocturnus "nightly".
- is named after the Latin word for 'shadow'.
- Nocturne was the first champion to be previewed at a major event prior to release (
- He was also previewed in IGN.
- It is theorized Nocturne and are the same individual.
- "Embrace the darkness", "Cross over", "Cut them from this world!", and "Suffer eternally!" might be referencing The Shrike from by .
- "Afraid of the dark?" resembles
- "Weather forecast for tonight: dark, with a chance of pain!" might referencing The Hippy-Dippy Weatherman by .
- If Nocturne is hit by "I've got your darkness" or "Who's in the dark now?" (this was the first time unique dialogue triggered by champion interactions) the enemy will say
- "We transcend time" might be referencing The Shrike from by and/or from ("We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite")
- "We have learned of references , None can stop--- it was a trick!" and maybe from ("It's a trap!")
- "Their existence is a mistake", "The end of days draws near", and "We are one" might be referencing from ("Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident", "The time of our return is coming", "We are legion")
- "Fate cannot be averted" and "We are one" might be referencing from ("You cannot escape your destiny" and "We fight as one")
- [ |
- He might have been based on The Shrike from by .
- [ |
- 's and 's particle effects become light blue.
- He shares this theme with and [ | [ |
- [ |
- He celebrates Harrowing 2011.
- by playerbase request) 's Dusk Trail emanates small ghosts (both it and 's particle effects became slime green
- [ |
- s can be seen in the background (implying he is haunting a person's mind to bring them nightmares)
- 's, 's, and 's particle effects become dark red.
- ' particle effects resemble 's.
- His spell effects resemble Battlecast ones.
- He shares this theme with and [ |. [ |
- [ |
- He shares this theme with , [ |, and [ |.
- These skins came out around the time Dark Souls III was released. As the imagery of these skins are somewhat similar found in the Dark Souls franchise.