|"Listen close- urgh, I have important- urgh! This is why I can't take you nice places!"
In V4.20, the base statistics of all champions changed. Please be wary that the information displayed below may be out-dated.
|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Olaf was designed by Coronach.
- His name is common to those of the Vikings (of Scandinavian origin), his title in particular to the berserkers, Norse warriors who are recorded in Old Norse literature to have fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury, a characteristic which later gave rise to the English word "berserk". Most berserkers wore little to no protection, save a bear skin called a "Bear-sark", which is where the word originated from. The berserkers believed that by wearing the bear's skin, they were able call upon the bear's ferocious rage and strength in battle.
- Note that real Vikings did not have horns in their helms, that is just a modern depiction.
- In the movie , the character Silent Bob has a cousin in a heavy metal band that goes by the stage name "Olaf the Berserker".
- Olaf is one of the 9 champions who do not have a single skill that scales off ability power; along with Darius, Draven, Garen, Kalista, Riven, Talon, Vayne and Zed.
- Olaf's /dance is a direct reference to the Technoviking meme.
- Ragnarok is a reference to a string of events in Norse Mythology that heralds the end the gods of era. This was also the beginning of the Man's era.
- The Chinese & Japanese character displayed on the icon is 力 (li - chikara), which means "power" in Chinese and Japanese respectively.
- Ragnarok crowd-control removement effects is a reference to strings: "For the forth I know, if men place bonds on my limbs, I so sing that I can walk; the fetter starts from my feet, and the manacle from my hands." That looks like it shouldn't remove silence and blindness effects, like it used to be with old Olaf's ultimate.
- His quote "Urge to kill, rising!" is a reference to one of Homer Simpson's famous lines, from the episode.
- His quote, "Bromacia!" is a reference to Demacians and their tendency to shout "Demacia."
- His taunt "I came here to kick butt and drink Graggy! Looks like I'm all out of Graggy" is a reference to a quote in the 1988 film - "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."
- His other taunt "You can't arrest me, my dad owns a dealership!" is a reference to Aqua Teen Hunger Force, in which two alien bros crash land on earth, and one is constantly telling others about how his dad owns this dealership.
- His quote "Hey dude, I'm kind of a big deal" may be a reference to Ron Burgundy's quote in the movie .
- His quote "Beatdown City, population - you" is a reference to
popular quote "Welcome to loser land, population, YOU!"
- In the Italian client, this quote is identical to the Deadpool's one.
- In Chinese splash art for Olaf's skins, one of his axes is always surrounded by lightning. This is a direct reference to Thor, the Norse god of thunder and his hammer, Mjolnir.
- It is a reference to the various ice giants in Norse Mythology.
- The Brolaf skin is voiced by Riot Lomar.
- Brolaf's skin art is based on the internet image meme "Beerbarian."
- The name "Sivir" is written ornately on the back of Olaf's jeans, hinting at a clothing line by the Battle Mistress.
- An icon of Teemo's head can be seen on Olaf's shirt.
- Brolaf's drink of choice, Graggy Ice is a reference to real-life beer Natural Ice. It is also inferred that Graggy Ice is made by Gragas.
- Pentakill Olaf's drumsticks have a similar design to the Mask of Terror of Splatterhouse.
- Pentakill Olaf has angry abs.
- Pentakill Olaf's appearance is based on famous thrash metal drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, including his iconic beard and cowboy hat.
- Apparently Pentakill Olaf as Pentakill's drummer was proposed by the community
- Olaf shares a Pentakill theme with Mordekaiser, Sona, Yorick and Karthus. He is the fifth champion with a Pentakill skin.
- Olaf is the fifth member of the Pentakill (Band). He replaced an unnamed drummer.