|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Orianna was developed by Xypherous. 
- Orianna is voiced by Heather Pennington.
- Orianna bears some similarities to from the series, both in voice acting and in personality.
- The word "Orianna" is a European name and has a few possible origins. They all seem to refer to the "golden color of the sun":
- "Orianna" is the Irish meaning of "Blonde" or "Golden".
- The name may also be from the medieval Spanish and Portuguese word "Oroana/Ouroana" (which also means "Golden").
- Another possible origin is from the Latin meaning of "Rising" (as in, "Sunrise").
- The term " " refers to the inner workings of either a mechanical clock or a device that operates in a similar fashion. Specifically, a mechanical device utilizing a complex series of gears, such as an .
- Orianna's Classic skin resembles a RAcaseal from .
- Orianna's title was originally "The Clockwork Girl", but was then changed to "The Lady of Clockwork" the night before her release. This was due to a film that is in the making called " ".
- Orianna was inspired by  from the series.
- Xypherous' original concept for Orianna was based on  , also from Touhou Project.
- Orianna was the second champion to have a difficulty rating of 100, the first being Cassiopeia, the third being Syndra, and the fourth being Draven. However, Orianna's difficulty rating has since fallen to 70.
- Orianna has two different emote animations depending on if The Ball is attached to her or not.
- Orianna's automaton concept and background is strikingly similar to Olimpia, a character in 's who is the "daughter" of an inventor.
- Orianna bears resemblance to the ball-jointed doll monster from , the Super S series.
- In her Champion Spotlight, her in-game icon seems to be walfas-styled artwork instead of Orianna's. 
- A group of miniature balls that belong to Orianna can be seen on Corporate Mundo's desk in the preview for the launch of the Mac Version of League of Legends.
- Orianna's joke "When you fall, you get right back up." coincides with ' line. Aigis is a female robot character from the game who says these words when she is hit by an attack she is weak against.
- The quote "I know what makes them tick. I know how to make the ticking stop." is a paraphrased reference to the character Sylar from the now-cancelled NBC show super-power. This is also a reference to the Magic the Gathering card Organ Grinders flavor text. , more specifically him describing his
- It used to be her original skin, until Riot changed it to her current look before release (According to the initial concept art).
- It could be a reference to various doll characters from the movies , , or .
- In the artwork, there are ragdolls of Annie, Tibbers, and a blue caster minion.
- It bears resemblance to Pris, a replicant from the movie .
- This skin also bears resemblance to the character R. Dorothy Wayneright from the anime The Big O in that they share a hairstyle and color scheme.
- Both Orianna and Dorothy are also artificial humans created by their late human counterparts' fathers after their human selves' deaths.
- It also resemble to Malice (a sex doll) the principal character from the Anime Malice@Doll.
- This skin is related to "Taipei Assassins", who have won the League of Legends Season 2 World Championship finals.
- She shares this theme with Dr. Mundo, Ezreal, Shen and Nunu.