Orianna is accompanied by The Ball, which is the focus of her abilities. It attaches itself to Orianna if she walks near it and also blinks back to Orianna if she is too far away.
Whenever Orianna does not have The Ball attached to her, an arrow will appear near her, pointing toward the Ball's location. This arrow changes color depending on Orianna's distance from The Ball.
- Green (Blue in colorblind mode) means The Ball is close.
- Yellow means The Ball is a fair distance away.
- Red means The Ball is far away, and moving just a bit further will make it blink back to Orianna.
Using any ability sets off a 0.15 second global cooldown.
- The Ball has a leash range of 1125, or 1225 if Command: Protect attaches it to an allied champion.
- However, unlike most subordinate objects, Orianna's Ball is not targetable by any means.
- The Ball reveals a small area around its current location, approximately 550 vision range, allowing it to be used for scouting.
- The Ball ignores terrain, and can be placed inside terrain such as trees, walls and turrets.