- Joshua 'HUGEnFAST' Brian Smith portrayed him as a duo champion, a lava hog, a lava giant, and a lava frog. was in development as early as 2013. Some of the earliest concepts by
- The language used in the musical accompaniment for The Path To Hearth-Home is described, in-universe, as "Ancient Freljordian". It is based on Old Norse, and can be mostly understood by , like Icelanders, Norwegians, & Danes-Swedes, & to a lesser extent like English, Germans, Netherlanders, etc.
- The singer is  , the Norwegian-Swedish composer who has worked on Disney's cartoon 's soundtracks
- Ancient Freljordian is linguistically related to the Runeterran lingua franca (real-life English), due to in-universe cognates.
- In the English lyrics, a fiery flood belies, i.e. "lies by" Ornn's kingdom; however, in the Freljordian lyrics, the flood "belights" or "illuminates" (belyser) his home.
- His name, in-universe, is a pre-Freljordian theonym, with forgotten meaning;
- Out-of-universe, it resembles Old Norse verb . ᚢᛉᚾᚨ "to warm up" < Proto-Germanic *uznanan < *Hus-n̥eh₂-
of 's and his 's may be referencing:
- Thor's goats ;
- The Indo-European pastoral god(s).
- In development, Ornn had an ultimate that spawned a volcano which erupted boulders he could charge into, causing them to explode.
- Ornn could also upgrade his hammer into a different weapon for a set number of autoattacks: he could either extra hammer it for AOE, refine it into a blade for piercing damage, or make it an axe for some CC.
- In-universe, Ornn names after the verb; in real-life, the reverse is true.
- crafted many things:
- Path To Hearth-Home
Obscured behind Ornn's teaser poem, additional information regarding the champion's background is revealed. Each localization (language) reveals different information.
- "One, there were Three Sisters (...) However, did not care to (...) reasons, and he did not (...) journeying many days."
- "(...) possibly ever (...) Ornn agreed, but (...) bridge."
- "So Ornn (...) Also, he had planned (...) When Ornn was finished with the tren(...)word. For he had already said far too much to them."
- "Then he turned east and threw his (...) in the Great Sea. Some say, later, a mer-k (king? kind?) (...) sea-bottom, and still uses it to rule his Kingdom."
- French translated by Necrozard
- He likes to eat spicy cherries.
- German translated by AngelOfPorn265
- "Simply the quality (...) At home"
- "Ornn would have a special desire (...) He made a spade for himself (...) And a fork."
- "It gave him the power of (...) Origin of changes. He looked at the Land (...) Of his K(...)was and nodded. It was good."
- Greek translated by AngelOfPorn265
- "It was fault(...)Even if(...)
- Why never told him the(...)because I told that(...)
- "'(...)I like my job', said Ornn(...)"
- "Where(...)its covered"
- "When [Ornn] was exhausted he wished(...)And the Earth answered to him opening up a flaming(...)throwing her heart."
- Latin America South translated by LordGoopy
- "If you had seen the metal This material, as it was (...) But would work only and (...) The third sister (...) The Bridge."
- "With that [bad/evil/wrong] through the (...) Ornn [who/whom/that] (...)."
- "Forge (...) [An accord/according to] (...) Build (...)"
- "Meanwhile (...) [A shovel/shoves/digs] so (...) In the darkness."
- "Then he turned to the east, where he threw his (...) His(?). In the . [It] landed in the Great Sea. Some say that (...) Powerful trident at the bottom of the sea, and still uses it to ."
- Russian translated by AngelOfPorn265
- "She fell into the Bottom of the Great(...)Found a powerful Trident and till this time with its(...)"
- "Except that he still(...)After the Job was done Orn left the three(...)
- [ | ]
- He was probably inspired by the Pre-Greek god
, as well as his Etrusco-Roman .
- The Greeks' & Romans' cousins also preserved traces of an Indo-European smith god, as in Indic & Germanic .
- [ | ]
- He was probably inspired by , the Indo-European god of , rain, storm, lightning & thunder, etc.
- He resembles both and from the series.
- He shares this theme with . [ | ]
- had thousands of followers who were known as the Hearthblood. They were all killed as a result of the fight between Ornn and Volibear.
was the firstborn of the Frejlordian demigods. His siblings include , and an unnamed "Seal Sister".
- Ornn hasn't talked to Anivia ever since she accidentally burnt down his Horn Hall (although he doesn't know she was responsible for it as he slept through the fire).
- Volibear wanted Ornn to craft weapons and armor for his army for a yet unknown war, but he refused, as such Volibear ordered him to tell the Hearthblood to do it, but he refused again in anger. Finaly in an attempt to provoke Ornn, Volibear took a piece of armor from the forge, resulting in them fighting for eight days. Ornn retreated into hiding after the fight after he saw all the death caused between a clash of demigods, and this led many to believe he had died off.
- dug out the Howling Abyss at the request of Serylda ( ancestor), Avarosa ( ancestor) and .
- ↑ http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/08/ask-riot-pro-patches-and-riven-balance/
- ↑ http://christinehals.com/wp-content/uploads/League-of-Legends-Christine-Hals-singing-Orrn.jpg
- ↑ https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/naming-new-champions/
- ↑ Guus Kroonen, Etymological Dictionary of Proto-Germanic, p. 563
- ↑ Squad5's Reddit post
- ↑ FauxSchizzle's Reddit post
- ↑ Reav3 goads speculation