PROJECT is a series of alternate future/universe skins in League of Legends. Set in a dystopian future of Ionia, it features champions augmented by cybernetic enhancements. In V6.5 PROJECT Crafting was introduced.
"In order to become PROJECT you have to surrender your humanity. The technology takes over your soul."― Lisa “Saiyaka” Thorn, Visual designer
PROJECT: is the perfect fusion of one’s supernatural essence with advanced weaponry and body augmentation. This linking of technology and energy allows extraordinary hosts to channel their essence into physical manifestations and, in rare cases, transcend the corporeal plane. Only subjects possessing extremely focused inner essence and exceptional physical attributes can unlock the true power of PROJECT.
- PROJECT Initiates:
- PROJECT Sync
- Your team earns 1 Sync point for each player with Optic Enhancer Wards and 2 points for each PROJECT skins.
- 2 Sync Points - Your team's Champions and Minions now spawn into the game with a PROJECT animation.
- 4 Sync Points - Your team's Melee and Caster minions have donned a PROJECT outfit.
- 6 Sync Points - Your team's Siege and Cannon minions have donned a PROJECT outfit.
- PROJECT First Strike
- The PROJECT skins of 2015 were enabled in the store on 8-Sep-2015.
- Purchasing one of the (new) PROJECT skins during the first week of release will permanently unlock exclusive loading screen cards. (Offer ends 15-Sep-2015 23:59 PDT).
- The Fiora, Leona, Lucian and Zed skins will go on sale for 975 for the third week of their release: September 17 00:01 to 24-Sep-2015 23:59.
- The concept of Riot Games office. Nicknamed "Cyber Yi", its thematic was later incorporated into the PROJECT skin line during development. was the brainchild of Marco “Wendigo” Silva, an artist from the São Paulo
- "PROJECT: OVERDRIVE" was done in collaboration with Ben Hibon, who also worked on "Infinity Blades III: Origins", "DMC" and " " from " " movie.
- PROJECT Initiates have bar codes on their head, similar to from the series.
- is leading a resistance in the name of humanity and her drones name is Avarosa.
- is allied with .
- The Evolution line is part of the same universe.
[ | can be seen in the background of [ | splash art. This hints that
- The Mecha line is also part of the same universe due to [ | being responsible for [ | 's corruption.
- Compared to all of the PROJECT skins,
is the only one who does not possess robotic features on his actual face when unmasked, nor does he retain his robotic-voice-filter underneath it.
- is also the only PROJECT skin (out of the non-Legendary skins) to have more than one extra set of animation changes; PROJECT: Yasuo has both different basic attack and recall animations while all other skins only have new recall animations.