|Main Interface||Launcher||Play Wall||Riot Store||Profile|
PVP.net is the front-end interface for the player versus player aspect of League of Legends.
PVP.net is a platform for League of Legends to launch from. It allows you to add friends, check the League of Legends store, and join chat rooms. PVP.net can be considered a separate entity from the actual game but the two are linked and cannot be used separately.
PVP.net was updated on August 27th 2014 with patch 4.15. It introduced a new interface layout, design and also lowering frame rate issues.
- For more details, see Launcher.
The Launcher is the initial window that checks for game updates and launches the PVP.net client for League of Legends.
Log-in screen proceeds after the Launcher and is used by the player to log-in and sign-up the game, League of Legends. This window helps out sorting each players specific data with the log-in system. With each passing patch and some event, the Log-in Screen animation is changed accordingly. It has several options:
- Username: A bracket made specifically to type-in the players personal Username made after he/she created an account. Each player must have a different Username.
- If a player can not remember their Username there is also an option that helps with this issue.
- Password: A bracket made specifically to type-in the players personal password made after he/she created an account. Each player must have a different password and is the last line of defense for unwanted account use.
- If a player can not remember their password there is also an option that helps with this issue.
- Sign-up: For those players who have downloaded the game but have not made an account already, the sign-up option links them to Riots account creation screen. This option works in conjuncture with Refer A Friend system.
Main Client Wall
The main client wall proceeds after the Log-in screen and is the main hub for several features options from the interface.
- Information windows: These window showcase the lates information, events, current champion rotation, new skins and skin sales, and optional spectated matches.
- Play Wall : A "Play" button links to a option screen for several playable modes.
- Help: This interface tool serves as a guide to PVP.net and game newcomers. The guides are:
- Options: This interface tool serves to tweak specific preferences on the PVP.net. Those the preferences are:
- Enable Language Filter: This option mutes the showing of any curse word typed in chat (mainly english curse words).
- Enable Friend Notifications.
- Sound Effects (on/off and volume).
- Music (on/off and volume).
- Disable Menu Animations.
- Enable Newbie Help Tips.
- Suppress Notification pop-ups.
- Chat link use: Warns a player when he clicks on a chat link.
- Player Profile window: Showcases the selected Summoner icon, players in-game name and players personal amount of Riot Points and Influence Points. It is linked with the Summoner profile page.
- Riot Store: The Riot Store is the digital center in which people can buy objects with Riot Points and Influence Points to enhance their game experience in League of Legends.
- Chat and Friends windows.
- If you type the link PVP.net into a web browser and press enter you will be redirected to LeagueofLegends.com.
- PVP.net uses a "runtime environment" called Adobe AIR. It is however directly built in the client, and does not require any download/installation from you.
- PVP.net is analogous to Blizzard's service Battle.net.
- Current Log-in Screen
- Old Log-in Screens