|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
Skill usage Edit
- Pantheon has the one of the highest base movement speeds in the game at 355, tied with Master Yi. Use this and his ranged harass from Spear Shot to whittle your opponents down in lane optimally to take full advantage of his strong early game.
- Pantheon is a potent tower diver because of his passive, Aegis Protection.
- Since using Aegis of Zeonia to stun an enemy also refreshes Aegis Protection, he can easily and reliably avoid the first turret hits when diving. This also works well against physical abilities that apply on-hit effects such as Parrrley, Mystic Shot, and Bladesurge, or turret attacks. This will not block physical abilities like Volley or Ace in the Hole.
- Note that Aegis Protection will block physical attacks but not on-hit effects associated with them such as Blessing of the Lizard Elder.
- Learning Spear Shot first allows Pantheon to get minion kills easily even against ranged opponents.
- Stacking attack damage items will allow Pantheon to use his Spear Shot as a nuke with a short cooldown.
- Using Spear Shot frequently in a battle along with attack speed items can help defensively by charging Aegis Protection.
- Pantheon's Spear Shot does not receive additional critical damage from the effects of runes, masteries, or .
- Certain Death can be very useful when in team fights since Pantheon can gain a lot of critical strikes.
- Using Aegis of Zeonia quickly followed by Heartseeker Strike can devastate your enemies.
- Using Grand Skyfall to assist your allies across the map can quickly turn the tides of battle, putting your allies at an advantage.
- While in mid air from Pantheon's Grand Skyfall you can select a target for Aegis of Zeonia and when you land, you will jump at the target stunning from a larger distance (est. 1300) than the standard range (this may be a glitch).
- Grand Skyfall makes him one of the best jungle gankers in the game, since he can ignore ward coverage.
- Grand Skyfall can be combined with other AoE ultimates such as Cannon Barrage and Absolute Zero to keep the enemy in the AoE radius and deliver devastating damage.
- Due to Pantheon's dependancy of mana the entire game, putting a mid laner that does not use mana as a resource system ( Vladimir, Mordekaiser) will give you more chances to receive Crest of the Ancient Golem.
- Even though Heartseeker Strike is an AoE ability, it is better to level Spear Shot when jungling.
- Pantheon's standard combo is Aegis of Zeonia, followed by Heartseeker Strike, and finishing off with Spear Shot. (Or possibly starting with the Spear Shot, and then following the rest of the combo, when the combo ends Spear Shot should be off cooldown again, allowing another shot.)
- Having Exhaust and Flash as summoner spells, along with Heartseeker Strike as your first skill, make for an effective first blood combination when in a side lane with a partner. Those summoner spells also provide two good escape mechanisms.
Build usage Edit
- Getting a is a good alternative to a for Pantheon since it solves his mana problems and gives him a decent amount of attack damage.
- Stacking attack damage items like (and what they build into) means Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike do considerable amounts of damage.
- Building an early can solidify his early lane dominance and help you take your lane opponent out of the game.
- If you find your opponents are escaping you too often, or you're being focused down, a will give you some additional durability in fights, and ensure that fleeing opponents are slowed after using Aegis of Zeonia to engage them.
Recommended builds Edit
|The Howling Abyss|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Investing in a or early can help you mitigate his damage output.
- Buying health can help you to survive to one or two combos, but you're going to need health regeneration or life steal to sustain yourself in lane against him. After two combos early game, he can be without mana so he shouldn't be a threat.
- If you want to take down Pantheon's Aegis Protection, wait for his jump so he can't recharge it easily.
- When laning against Pantheon, play defensively instead of aggressively. Pantheon may be squishy but his damage output is very high early game.
- Pantheon has no escapes. Baiting him to attack you and having an ally appear to help is likely to spell his doom without the use of summoner spells to escape you.
- Avoiding Pantheon's Heartseeker Strike will help you defeat him. If someone has been stunned by Aegis of Zeonia, it is unlikely they will be able to avoid Heartseeker Strike - but that does not mean you should simply let it hit you.
- Be very careful of Pantheon's ganking capability. Pantheon's Grand Skyfall allows for a quick and deadly gank.
- As Pantheon can cast Aegis of Zeonia on you while dropping down in Grand Skyfall and then have it land from outside its normal, using dashes and escapes to avoid Grand Skyfall may have you stunned nonetheless. If you expect to survive his initial burst damage after being stunned, save your escapes for after that instead of getting away from Grand Skyfall. Of course, avoiding the damage from Grand Skyfall all together may be a larger concern - but consider the possibility.
- Try to avoid the center of Pantheon's Grand Skyfall so you don't suffer the full damage of his ultimate.
- Avoid laning against him if your champion relies on being on low health to reap the full potential of the champion (such as Olaf and Tryndamere) as his Certain Death will cause him to do a lot more damage to you at low heath.
Champion spotlight EditPantheon Champion Spotlight(06:44)