|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
- Champion Spotlight
- Recommended Items
- Playing As Pantheon
- Playing Against Pantheon
- Ability Usage
- Pantheon holds the highest movement speed in the game at 355, tied with Master Yi. Use his quick movement speed and strong ranged harass from Spear Shot to whittle your opponents down in lane optimally to take full advantage of his strong early game.
- Pantheon is a potent tower diver because of Aegis Protection, which allows him to block turret shots.
- Since using Aegis of Zeonia to stun an enemy also refreshes Aegis Protection, he can easily and reliably avoid the first turret hits when diving, then activate Aegis of Zeonia to stop the enemy champion's movement as well as refresh Aegis Protection. In situations where Pantheon stays under turret fire for more than a few seconds, he may be able to activate Aegis Protection again, resulting in a significant amount of damage ignored. Use this fact to set up powerful early game towerdives together with your jungler. This also works well against physical abilities that apply on-hit effects such as Parrrley, Mystic Shot, and Bladesurge, or turret attacks. This will not block physical abilities like Volley or Ace in the Hole.
- Starting with Spear Shot allows Pantheon to get minion kills easily even against ranged opponents.
- When facing ranged opponents (especially before level 3), be sure to go near them only when your spear is off cooldown so you will be able to trade one ranged autoattack from them with a spear.
- Stacking attack damage items will allow Pantheon to use his Spear Shot as a nuke with a short cooldown.
- Using Spear Shot frequently in a battle along with attack speed items can help defensively by charging Aegis Protection.
- Certain Death can be very useful when in team fights since Pantheon can gain a lot of critical strikes.
- Using Aegis of Zeonia quickly followed by Heartseeker Strike can devastate your enemies.
- Using Grand Skyfall to assist your allies across the map can quickly turn the tides of battle, putting your allies at an advantage.
- While in midair from Pantheon's Grand Skyfall you can select a target for Aegis of Zeonia and when you land, you will jump at the target stunning from a larger distance (est. 1300) than the standard range (this may be a glitch).
- Grand Skyfall makes him one of the best gankers in the game since he can ignore ward coverage.
- Grand Skyfall can be combined with other AoE ultimates such as Cannon Barrage and Absolute Zero to keep the enemy in the AoE radius and deliver devastating damage.
- Due to Pantheon's dependency of mana the entire game, putting a mid laner that does not use mana as a resource system ( Vladimir, Mordekaiser) will give you more chances to receive Crest of Insight.
- Even though Heartseeker Strike is an AoE ability, it is better to level Spear Shot first as it does more damage with a shorter cooldown.
- Pantheon's standard combo is W > Q > E, or Q > W > E > Q (if off cooldown)
- Having Heartseeker Strike as your first ability, make for an effective first blood combination when in a side lane with a partner. Those summoner spells also provide two effective escape mechanisms. and as summoner spells, along with
- Pantheon's jungling is all about clearing neutral monster camps one at the time with basic attack and Spear Shot while relying on Aegis Protection to counter a few blows from neutral monsters.
- Starting with Spear Shot would be effective for final blows. Alternatively, Heartseeker Strike can be used to hit multiple monsters in a camp while its passive Certain Death can critical strike them on low health.
- Having both Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike early is the best strategy to clear camps easily, as the passive is applied to both basic attack and Spear Shot.
- Aegis of Zeonia is to be used wisely, so stall a few attacks from neutral monsters while refreshing Aegis Protection, which is wise to have up before encountering a neutral monster camp.
- Pantheon can be mana dependent, particularly during early game, so it is wise to use the Crest of Insight.
- When ganking lanes, it is wise to use Grand Skyfall for large teamfights, or at least surprise attacks. Aegis of Zeonia can be use to prevent enemies from escaping and close gaps between allies, While Spear Shot is used to execute when fleeing to safety.
- Possessing the Gift of the Toadstool buff while ganking is a good strategy as Aegis Protection can negate basic attack and on-hit effect abilities from enemies while poison effect is applied to them.
- Purchasing is useful for slowing foes while ganking. Alternatively, can be used for true damage, combined with critical strikes.
- Mastery Usage
- Item Usage
- Stacking attack damage items like Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike do considerable amounts of damage. s (and what they build into) means
- If you find your opponents are escaping you too often, or you're being focused down, a Aegis of Zeonia to engage them. will give you some additional durability in fights, and ensure that fleeing opponents are slowed after using
- Pantheon is an AD caster, where most of his damage comes from his abilities and spamming Spear Shot. As such, he scales better with armor penetration, flat attack damage, and cooldown reduction rather than attack speed.
- Cleave and Crescent synergize well with his strong waveclear with Heartseeker Strike. It also gives sustain, which is something that Pantheon lacks. 's
- Pantheon that gives him the armor penetration and cooldown reduction he needs. While not as powerful as in that regard, the active compensates for that, giving Pantheon much needed mobility. is a powerful item on
- Although Heartseeker Strike's passive makes both autoattacks and Spear Shot crit 100% of the time when an enemy is under 15% health, is generally not considered a useful item on Pantheon - a single crit is usually enough to finish off a low-health target without the help of 's passive.
- Pantheon against magic damage champions, due to having magic resistance and making him stronger damage-wise. Another option is / if you feel the need to remove a specific CC on enemy team. / is an option for
- Pantheon's high base damage and scalings allow him to sacrifice some offense to build defensive items. This makes him tankier, which is actually recommended as Pantheon does not have as much mobility as an assassin, and makes him more useful by late game, as part of the team's frontline.
- If you are looking for armor items, Pantheon is very mana hungry. The cooldown reduction also has synergy, as Pantheon is an AD caster and naturally likes to build cooldown reduction. The passive and the armor allows Pantheon to withstand auto-attackers. is the perfect choice. The extra mana helps as
- is also a good choice for armor, mainly due to the active. It actually makes Pantheon tankier against physical damage, despite the lower amount of armor, due to the HP. However, it lacks the cooldown reduction and mana from .
- Pantheon. It blocks one spell, which is extremely important as Pantheon is not very mobile and is very prone to CC spells. is the best defensive item offering magic resistance for
- While the cooldown reduction from Pantheon is very vulnerable to CC, so consider using instead. Consider also using against AD auto-attackers. seems to be tempting, keep in mind that
- While Spellblade passive thanks to his low cooldown of Spear Shot, in reality, Pantheon's base attack damage is very low. So Pantheon is not going to benefit a lot from Spellblade, nor he is going to benefit from most from 's stats. seems like a good item to build for the
- Pantheon's early game mana problems, and when fully stacked and upgraded to , it gives Spear Shot frightening damage due to 's Shock also proccing from single-target spells. However, sacrifices Pantheon's early game power, and it is not recommended, because it's on early game where Pantheon is the most powerful and he will fall off even harder. The only actual reason to build is when you are new to the game and don't know how to properly manage a champion's mana pool. can be used to solve
- Investing in a or early can help you mitigate his damage output.
- Starting the game with
+ 4 s allow you to potentially outsustain Pantheon's early game damage. The armor will mitigate his damage and with the potions, Pantheon will waste mana trying to harass you. This may reduce your early game damage, but it is well worth if that means preventing Pantheon from dominating you and snowballing early.
- This start is better if your champion already has natural sustain, such as in case of Nasus.
- In addition, builds into a lot of useful items, so you don't necessarily have to sell this item later. For AP champions for example, this item builds into which in turn builds into , which is in fact a good item against Pantheon to survive his burst and boost your own damage output.
- Buying health items can help you to survive through one or two combos. However, you will then need health regeneration and/or life steal to sustain yourself in lane against him. After two or three combos early game, he can be without mana so he shouldn't be a threat; take advantage of this to shut him down.
- If you want to take down Pantheon's Aegis Protection, bait out his Aegis of Zeonia so he can't recharge it as quickly.
- When laning against Pantheon, play defensively instead of aggressively. Pantheon may be squishy but his damage output is very high early game.
- Pantheon has no escapes. Baiting him to attack you and having an ally appear to help is likely to spell his doom without the use of summoner spells to escape you.
- Avoiding Pantheon's Heartseeker Strike will help you defeat him. If someone has been stunned by Aegis of Zeonia, it is unlikely they will be able to avoid Heartseeker Strike - but that does not mean you should simply let it hit you.
- Be very careful of Pantheon's ganking capability. Pantheon's Grand Skyfall allows for a quick and deadly gank.
- Pantheon can also use Grand Skyfall to backdoor your turrets.
- Additionally, Grand Skyfall can be used to escape when being ganked (or counter ganks) if you realize it beforehand. In such a case, use a Knockup to stop him from escaping as it will put his Grand Skyfall on a 10-second cooldown. Use this time to burst Pantheon down.
- As Pantheon can cast Aegis of Zeonia on you while dropping down in Grand Skyfall and then have it land from outside its normal range, using dashes and escapes to avoid Grand Skyfall may have you stunned nonetheless. If you expect to survive his initial burst damage after being stunned, save your escapes for after that instead of getting away from Grand Skyfall. Of course, avoiding the damage from Grand Skyfall all together may be a larger concern - but consider the possibility.
- Try to avoid the center of Pantheon's Grand Skyfall so you don't suffer the full damage of his ultimate.
- Avoid laning against him if your champion relies on being on low health to reap the full potential of the champion (such as Aatrox , Olaf and Tryndamere) as his Certain Death will cause him to do a lot more damage to you at low heath.