A patch (otherwise known as a new client version) is a modification to the game files of League of Legends. Every patch will contain one or more of the following materials:
- New game content: new or remade champions, items, and skins.
- Balance changes: changes made to even out the power balance between champions.
- Bug fixes: changes made to correct unintended behaviour in the game.
- League of Legends and PVP.net features: Anything new that you will experience on PVP.net or in the game.
- Backend/development changes: technology or configuration changes that go on behind the scenes.
- Patch Notes: Riot Games Inc.s' official documentation of the changes made.
Below is a table summarizing North American release date with Patch Notes link of the notable events, and, where applicable, the newly introduced champion of each patch.
List of Patches
|April Fools' Patches|