|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Poppy was designed by Coronach.
- Poppy was the first Champion released in 2010.
- Poppy is the first and so far only additional post-release champion to cost 1350 at the time of champion release. All other 1350 champions were already present at game launch.
- Poppy Alistar, Tristana and Yorick are currently the only four champions that have been removed from the weekly champion rotation.
- Poppy is one of two champions that went into the weekly champion rotation on the day of their release, the other being Udyr.
- Poppy shares a place with Maokai in having the highest base armor of any champion at level 18 (90 armor).
- After Poppy's rework in patch V5.24, she is voiced by Sarah Anne Williams, who also voices Jinx.
- After Poppy's rework, she became the first champion with full facial animation.
- Poppy's quote "Fighting is serious business" is a reference to a well-known internet meme, "X is srs bsns (serious business)," meant to troll people that take something seriously with X being the subject at hand (e.g. LoL is serious business, Pokémon is serious business).
- Poppy's quote "Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" is a possible reference to Nietzsche's book "Twilight of the Gods" or "How to Philosophize with a Hammer", which serves as an introduction to all his other works.
- More likely, "Hammer Diplomacy" is a reference to " ", also known as " ."
- Poppy's quote "Not like this!" may be a reference to the twitch emote "NotLikeThis".
- The Chinese version of Poppy's original skin is the background image of the Defense section in the mastery pages.
- This skin is possibly a reference to the Oompa Loompas from
- The skin may also be a reference to the beloved child's board game .
- Poppy's face from the old splash art can be seen on one of the lollipops in the updated splash art.
- For her new dance, she will put on her "happy face", this is a direct reference to her original splash art.
- This skin a reference to the fictional character , who appears in a series of books illustrated for young children.
- In the updated splash art, you can see Teemo and Rammus
- Her face paint and outfit strongly resemble the face paint and outfits of the band .
- This skin was inspired by ChiZ's White Knight Poppy skin, who also inspired Riot with his Swashbuckler Katarina skin.
- It may be a reference to the game Spiral Knights, as one of the shields in the game is known as the 'Scarlet Shield'. The artwork also bears a striking resemblance to some types of armor worn by the Spiral Knights.
- According to Poppy's lore, her father was given the job to craft a helm glorious beyond all comparison. Poppy was given the honor of helping him craft the helm and was entrusted to set the center jewel, the most important piece.
- After her father's death, Poppy unsuspectingly stopped under Galio's shadow while on her way to Demacia. As Galio observed Poppy's continued determination and bravery, he became inspired. Remembering the cause that his master had died defending, Galio arose from his silent purgatory with a new sense of purpose: to join the League of Legends and fight for the will of Demacia.
- From the Journal of Justice, pirates from Bilgewater boarded a Bandle City ship headed to Demacia and sacked the vessel of its goods. This particular shipment was on its way to a celebration, a commemoration to Poppy's appointment to service as envoy between Demacia and the yordles. Tristana and Teemo led special forces to apprehend the culprits, though they were unable to salvage the cargo.
- Related Themes