|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Poppy was designed by Coronach.
- Early on in her visual update development, Riot intended for Poppy to have a red scarf as "a heroic thing". However, the scarf was competing heavily with her pigtails, and it was way too busy on her model. They still liked the idea, so they trimmed it down to a muffler.
- Poppy's comic, "A Hero's Calling", was drawn by Jason Chan.
- Poppy's magical hammer is known as "The Hammer of Orlon".
- It was given to her from Orlon, a Demacian warrior and Hero, before he passed away.
- Her favorite food and sweets are  .
- She finds Yordles a bit fluffy and disorganized, and she's definitely drawn to orderliness of Demacia.
- Poppy was the first Champion released in 2010.
- Poppy is the first and so far only additional post-release champion to cost 1350 at the time of champion release. All other 1350 champions were already present at game launch.
- Poppy is one of two champions that went into the weekly champion rotation on the day of their release, the other being Udyr.
- Poppy shares a place with Maokai in having the highest base armor of any champion at level 18 (90 armor).
- Following her Rework, Poppy is the first champion to receive new artwork for all of her skins, including her Classic skin.
- After Poppy's rework, she became the first champion with full facial animation.
- Poppy's login theme shares a similar tune and motif to the song "Demacia Rising" composed by Riot.
- One of the key instruments used in her theme are a  and a .
- Her dance is a reference to the  dance from the TV show, " ".
- Poppy's quote "Fighting is serious business" is a reference to a well-known internet meme, "X is srs bsns (serious business)," meant to troll people that take something seriously with X being the subject at hand (e.g. LoL is serious business).
- Poppy's quote "Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" is a possible reference to Nietzsche's book "Twilight of the Gods" or "How to Philosophize with a Hammer", which serves as an introduction to all his other works.
- More likely, "Hammer Diplomacy" is a reference to " ", also known as " ."
- Poppy's quote "Not like this!" may be a reference to the twitch emote "".
- Poppy's shares a quote with Rengar and Braum, "Not So Fast!"
- Poppy's quote "That's not a hammer! This is a hammer" is a reference to Crocodile Dundee.
- Contrary to her previous quotes where she didn't know jokes, her rework has her state that she knows a few, although she fails to tell them properly.
- The Chinese version of Poppy's original skin is the background image of the Defense section in the mastery pages.
- The flowers on the ground of Poppy's classic skin resemble the flowers of a plant from the genus Papaver, which are commonly referred to as " ".
- This skin is a reference to the Oompa Loompas from
- The skin may also be a reference to the beloved child's board game .
- Poppy's face from the old splash art can be seen on one of the lollipops in the updated splash art.
- For her new dance, she will put on her "happy face", this is a direct reference to her original splash art.
- This skin is a reference to the fictional character , who appears in a series of books illustrated for young children.
- The new splash art was drawn by a skilled internet fan artist named Chenbo . Although he mainly draws endearing characters from World of Warcraft, he has drawn a few characters from League of Legends and anime alike. Other splash arts he has drawn for LoL are Triumphant Ryze [ | , Uncle Ryze [ | and Surgeon Shen [ | .
- In her new updated splash art, several things can be seen in the background:
- Her face paint and outfit strongly resemble the face paint and outfits of the band .
- This skin was inspired by ChiZ's White Knight Poppy skin, who also inspired Riot with his Swashbuckler Katarina skin.
- It may be a reference to the game Spiral Knights, as one of the shields in the game is known as the 'Scarlet Shield'. The artwork also bears a striking resemblance to some types of armor worn by the Spiral Knights.
- Poppy unsuspectingly stopped under Galio's shadow while on her way to Demacia. As Galio observed Poppy's continued determination and bravery, he became inspired. Remembering the cause that his master had died defending, Galio arose from his silent purgatory with a new sense of purpose: to fight for the will of Demacia.
- From the Journal of Justice, pirates from Bilgewater boarded a Bandle City ship headed to Demacia and sacked the vessel of its goods. This particular shipment was on its way to a celebration, a commemoration to Poppy's appointment to service as envoy between Demacia and the yordles. Tristana and Teemo led special forces to apprehend the culprits, though they were unable to salvage the cargo.
- Main Theme
- Related Themes