|Stats||+120 ability power|
|Passive||Unique: +30% ability power|
|Menu||Magic > Ability Power|
|Item cost||3300g (840g)|
Rabadon's Deathcap is an advanced item in League of Legends. It is a powerful item for pure ability power casters, and is also very effective on burst assassins and hybrid champions that take advantage of for additional burst.
Cost Analysis Edit
- 120 ability power + 36 (from passive) = 3393g
- Total Gold Value = 3393g
Similar Items Edit
- is essential for any champion with ablility power ratios, tanky or carry, wishing to deal significant magic damage that will carry into late game.
- This item resulted from a separation of the offensive and defensive abilities of . This is the offensive item, while is its defensive counterpart.
- It was originally named Banksy's Deathcap in the Patch Day Preview. This is a tribute to one of Riot's employees named Banksy (David Banks, Director of Platform Engineering).
- The image artwork would seem to be based off of the from the Harry Potter franchise. There are eyes and a mouth-like band visible on the hat, very similar to the Sorting Hat.
- Not counting other ability power items, runes, and masteries gives 156 ability power alone. The upgrade from its parts grants 36 AP.
- While it has the potential to be the single highest source of ability power in the game, Rabadon's Deathcap is rarely purchased first, as its passive ability requires other ability power items to be fully effective, to the point of the item being barely cost effective, which the large mayority of expensive items are by a large margin.
- It is also somewhatly hard to build early in the game as one of it's components is very expensive and hard to get without kills.