|Stats||+120 ability power|
|Passive||Unique: +30% ability power|
|Menu||Magic > Ability Power|
|Item cost||3300g (840g)|
Rabadon's Deathcap is an advanced item in League of Legends. It is a powerful item for pure ability power casters, and is also very effective on burst assassins and hybrid champions that take advantage of for additional burst.
- 120 ability power + 36 (from passive) = 3393g
- Total Gold Value = 3393g
- 30 ability power (for every 100 Ability Power) = 653g
- is gold efficient by itself.
- champion with ability power ratios, tanky or carry, wishing to deal significant magic damage that will carry into late game.
is essential for any
- Depending from the champion's base damage and/or ability power ratios, however, may be a better purchase.
- Archmage. The two combined increases ability power by 36.5%. 's passive stacks multiplicatively with
- This item resulted from a separation of the offensive and defensive abilities of . This is the offensive item, while is its defensive counterpart.
- It was originally named Banksy's Deathcap in the Patch Day Preview. This is a tribute to one of Riot's employees named Banksy (David Banks, Director of Platform Engineering).
- The image artwork would seem to be based on the from the Harry Potter franchise. There are eyes and a mouth-like band visible on the hat, very similar to the Sorting Hat.
- Not counting other ability power items, runes, and masteries gives 156 ability power alone. The upgrade from its parts grants 36 AP.
- While it has the potential to be the single highest source of ability power in the game, Rabadon's Deathcap is rarely purchased first, as its passive ability requires other ability power items to be fully effective, to the point of the item being barely cost effective, which the large majority of expensive items are by a large margin.
- It is also somewhat difficult to build early in the game as one of its components is quite expensive, making it difficult to purchase without kills or other gold income.