- 120 ability power + 42 (from passive) = 3523.5
- 35 ability power (for every 100 Ability Power) = 761.25
is gold efficient by itself.
- efficiency is further increased by for every 100 Ability Power obtained from other sources.
- To become gold efficient, it needs at least 36 Ability Power obtained from other sources.
- ability power casters, and is also very effective on burst assassins and hybrid champions that take advantage of for additional burst. is a powerful item for pure
- magic damage that will carry into late game.
is essential for any champion with ability power ratios, tanky or carry, wishing to deal significant
- Depending from the champion's base damage and/or ability power ratios, however, may be a better purchase.
- This item resulted from a separation of the offensive and defensive abilities of . This is the offensive item, while is its defensive counterpart.
- It was originally named Banksy's Deathcap in the Patch Day Preview. This is a tribute to one of Riot's employees named Banksy (David Banks, Director of Platform Engineering).
- The image artwork would seem to be based on the from the Harry Potter franchise. There are eyes and a mouth-like band visible on the hat, very similar to the Sorting Hat.
- Not counting other ability power items, runes, and masteries gives 162 ability power alone. The upgrade from its parts grants 42 AP.
- While it has the potential to be the single highest source of ability power in the game, is rarely purchased first, as its passive ability requires other ability power items to be fully effective, to the point of the item being barely cost effective, which the large majority of expensive items are by a large margin.
- It is also somewhat difficult to build early in the game as one of its components is quite expensive, making it difficult to purchase without kills or other gold income.
- 3800 . is the most expensive item in the game, costing