- Rammus was designed by Guinsoo, Ezreal and Coronach.
- The title "Armordillo" is a play on the words "Armor" and "Armadillo".
- The name "Rammus" may be a or of a combination of the words "Ram" and "Us".
- Through a combination of Powerball, summoner spells, allied abilities, runes, masteries, and items, it is possible for Rammus to achieve speeds of well over 5000 movement speed.
- Rammus was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. He was the ban choice for Ionia.
- Despite Rammus's naturally low health, Rammus is the only champion to currently have a health rating of 100.
- Rammus is the only champion without a joke in the English client. In French, German, Spanish, Polish and Italian translations, Rammus has the whole set of dialogue with taunts and jokes.
- Rammus has the least amount of quotes, numbering at 6.
- Rammus' quote "Ok" is a very popular League of Legends meme.
- When Rammus is ordered to attack, his tone changes.
- King Rammus is a reference to Bowser from the franchise, and was only available to closed beta participants.
- Ninja Rammus may be a reference to , specifically Raphael due to the two Sai he wields.
- The live Vayne preview included a peek at Ninja Rammus.
- Molten Rammus has him on fire when using the Powerball ability, leaving a short trail of fire while he's traveling. This is purely cosmetic and does no damage.
- Chrome Rammus is theorized to be a part of a set of 4 skins which reference internet browsers. The skins Foxfire Ahri, Safari Caitlyn and Explorer Ezreal are the other three.
- Full Metal Rammus is possibly a reference to the , or destroyer droid, from the franchise.
- In the background of the skin's splash art, a silhouette of what appears to be a robotic Soraka can be seen. This is possibly a reference to her occasionally being called a "Heal Bot" or perhaps an upcoming skin.
- Rammus shares a Full Metal theme with Pantheon and Jayce, as a member of the Resistance .
- In the Journal of Justice, it was stated that Rammus is close friends with Blitzcrank, having a similar good nature to them.
- According to Blitzcrank's "Fleshling Compatability Service", a dating service made by Blitzcrank, Rammus' best match is a cactus.
- It is stated in the Journal of Justice that Rammus and Twitch do not get along with each other.