|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Powerball can be used to interrupt cast dashes such as Jax's Leap Strike or Tristana's Rocket Jump mid-flight.
- Defensive Ball Curl increases Rammus's armor, which increases his damage due to Spiked Shell by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30.
- Powerball can be used as an effective escape mechanism. It also has a slight knock-back effect, and this allows for you to run into pursuers to momentarily disable them.
- As Powerball speeds up continuously after the initial cast, it's sometimes better to let it speed up in a brush before rolling at someone.
- Flash can be used while in Powerball to jump across a minion wave to catch your opponent off-guard.
- Powerball can hit stealthed champions such as Twitch, Shaco, Akali, or Evelynn, dealing damage and knocking them back. It will also work against a Camouflaged Teemo, knocking him out of stealth. This can be useful for chasing them if they go stealthed at low health.
- You can use Powerball then use Teleport to be at a high speed when reaching your destination. This is also amazing in conjunction with .
- Powerball will damage and slow enemies reviving from pseudo-death ( or Zilean's Chrono Shift) or , granting an easy kill.
- Puncturing Taunt can be used on enemies pushing your turret to make them attack you and causing the turret to attack them. It can also be used to take the focus off more squishy allies, allowing them to deal more damage than they would have had they been the focused target.
- Puncturing Taunt can also be used to "pull" enemies towards your team as an enemy will be forced to get into attack range to hit you. This is more effective with melee champions whose attack range is shorter than ranged ones.
- When using Tremors, you can use all your spells to keep enemies in range of this spell in order to maximize damage. This is possible because the ultimate is not channeled.
- Tremors affects turrets, making Rammus a very good pusher, especially late game when he can tank the turret for his team.
- Rammus can use Tremors while using Powerball, making it very useful for destroying towers or champions that are low on health and escaping.
Building armor is necessary to put Spiked Shell to good use. Having a lot of armor will still result in a large amount of damage. However, do not disregard building magic resistance, as your high armor stat means nothing to the enemy team's mages. It can however be argued that building health will synergize better with the free armor and magic resistance provided by Defensive Ball Curl.
- mana issues and building magic resistance. can be helpful for laning
- Puncturing Taunt and Defensive Ball Curl allows you to slow the enemy team heavily and make chasing easier. However, it reduces the enemies attack speed so they won’t get as many reflected hits off you when you taunt them in conjunction with
- Rammus, as it reflects damage from auto-attacks (which the enemy is forced to use during Puncturing Taunt) as well as stacks with the reflecting damage given during Defensive Ball Curl along with a lot of attack damage due to his passive. is a very effective item on
- Rammus's Powerball. 's active synergizes well with
- Rammus's Tremors and Powerball can deal massive damage with some ability power. This makes a rather potent item as it also provides a large amount of armor. If you're against a magic damage team an Abyssal Scepter can be very helpful for its combination of AP, MR, and its aura. Despite not being as powerful as a Zhonya's Hourglass it can be very effective against magic damage teams.
- Tremors to slow a massive area, slowing on Defensive Ball Curl if you don't have , very slightly increasing Powerball's slow, and providing a high amount of health. can be a powerful item, causing
- Another powerful item is Rammus during Defensive Ball Curl, and can also be applied with Rammus's Powerball or Tremors. It synergizes well with , and also provides a generous amount of health. Typically a Liandry's isn't a good item on Rammus due to his high AP ratios. , which is applied on enemies attacking
- Tremors. However as laning with Rammus isn't common and in the Jungle the new Cinderhulk enchantment Sunfire Cape isn't often a good option. also synergizes well with
- Note that Rammus's Powerball, whilst it still does damage, it has no crowd control effect on Baron Nashor or the Dragon. Also note that Puncturing Taunt now has absolutely no effect on Baron or Dragon (it will not reduce armor or force either to attack you). Both skills will still affect all other neutral creeps as normal.
- Rammus's Powerball allows you to gank a warded lane since your enemies have less time to react as you are approaching them with high speed.
- Be careful when attacking Rammus while his Defensive Ball Curl is active. The damage you deal may be your own undoing.
- Try to purchase tenacity items early to reduce the duration of his taunt from his Puncturing Taunt.
- Be careful; even with 35 tenacity Puncturing Taunt will last for up to 1.46 seconds.
- A champion like Irelia who has natural tenacity can be useful against Rammus due to the large number of allies he usually has with him whenever he engages.
- Try casting a slow or stun when he uses Powerball so that way Rammus cannot initiate with his full combo by using Puncturing Taunt, Defensive Ball Curl and Tremors straight after hitting a target with Powerball.
- Rammus is an excellent counter to all AD carries due to his Defensive Ball Curl and tendency to build high armor. It is wise to have a mage or a hybrid champion (e.g. Jax or Akali) take him down.
- Building armor penetration items like
and will reduce the effectiveness of his armor, allowing you to deal more damage to him.
- The Black Cleaver is especially effective against Rammus, as it reduces his armor, thus reducing the AD he gains from his passive.
- Due to his taunt it may not be a good idea to duel him as a mage unless you can kite him.
- If Rammus is building AP don't let your guard down, Powerball and Tremors have great AP ratios and low cooldowns.
- Although picking AP champions can make Rammus less effective by forcing him to build magic resistance in addition to armor, be wary of picking too many AP champions, as the enemy can pick champions like Veigar and Galio to counter that.
- is an excellent item against Rammus. Not only this item get rid of his taunt, but it also has magic resistance to reduce the magic damage that Rammus does with his abilities.
- Apart from AP champions, AD champions who have abilities that deal magic or true damage, such as Darius, Master Yi and Vayne can be good options against Rammus, as armor is a less effective option to deal with them.
- One of Rammus biggest strengths as a jungler is his strong ability to gank lanes thanks to his Powerball and Puncturing Taunt. However, as with most tank junglers, he is an extremely poor duelist. Consider playing junglers that excel in counter-jungling and dueling such as Elise, Xin Zhao, Evelynn, Shaco, Vi, and Lee Sin.
- His jungle wave clear is also very slow as well, and he'll most likely spend his time ganking lanes than farming. As such, farm based junglers should have no problems against Rammus.