|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
|"Submit to my designs."
- Spiked Shell is Rammus's passive. It grants attack damage equal to 25% of his armor.
- Powerball is Rammus's mobility ability, it is often maxed second or last. It grants a great movespeed boost, increased at the end of the spell, deals magic damage scaling with a 100% AP ratio, and slows hit enemies for 3 seconds.
- Powerball can be used to interrupt cast dashes such as Jax's Leap Strike or Tristana's Rocket Jump mid-flight.
- Powerball can be used as an effective escape mechanism. It also has a slight knock-back effect, and this allows for you to run into pursuers to momentarily disable them.
- As Powerball speeds up continuously after the initial cast, it's sometimes better to let it speed up in a brush before rolling at an enemy champion.
- Flash can be used while in Powerball to jump across a minion wave to catch your opponent off-guard.
- Powerball can hit stealthed champions such as Twitch, Shaco, Akali, or Evelynn, dealing magic damage and knocking them back. It will also work against a Camouflaged Teemo, knocking him out of stealth. This can be useful for chasing them if they go stealthed at low health.
- You can use Powerball then use Teleport to be at a high speed when reaching your destination. This is also amazing in conjunction with , to easily surprise your enemies.
- Powerball will damage and slow enemies reviving from pseudo-death ( or Zilean's Chrono Shift) or , granting an easy kill.
- Defensive Ball Curl is Rammus's defensive and offensive ability, it can be maxed first or second. It grants increased armor and magic resistance for 6 seconds, and a thorn effect: while in that stance, basic attacks against Rammus deal magic damage to attackers, scaling with a 10% Rammus's armor ratio.
- Defensive Ball Curl increases Rammus's armor and magic resistance by 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120, and at the same time his attack damage by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 thanks to his passive Spiked Shell.
- Defensive Ball Curl stacks with , returning 15% of the physical damage received, plus 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 flat damage, plus 10% of Rammus's armor, plus 25% of Rammus's bonus armor, as magic damage per basic attacks.
- Puncturing Taunt is Rammus's offensive ability, it can be maxed first or second. It allows Rammus to taunt one enemy, forcing the target to attack Rammus for the duration. It also reduced the target's armor for the same duration.
- Puncturing Taunt used while under the effect of Defensive Ball Curl is an excellent combinaison, because the enemy is forced to attack you, thus dealing magic damage to himself because of the thorn effect of Defensive Ball Curl.
- Puncturing Taunt can be used on enemies pushing your turret to make them attack you and causing them to take the turret's aggro. It can also be used to take the focus off more squishy allies, allowing them to deal more damage than they would have had they been the focused target.
- Puncturing Taunt can also be used to "pull" enemies towards your team as an enemy will be forced to get into attack range to hit you. This is more effective with melee champions whose attack range is shorter than ranged ones.
- When using Puncturing Taunt, you can use all your spells to keep enemies in range of this spell in order to maximize damage. This is possible because the ultimate is not channeled.
- Tremors is Rammus's ultimate ability. It deals great magic damage every second for 8 seconds around Rammus. Each tick of damage scales with a 30% AP ratio.
Building armor is necessary to put Spiked Shell to good use. Having a lot of armor will still result in a large amount of damage. However, do not disregard building magic resistance, as your high armor stat means nothing to the enemy team's mages. It can however be argued that building health will synergize better with the free armor and magic resistance provided by Defensive Ball Curl.
- Rammus, it is very effective as it reflects damage from basic attacks (which the enemy is forced to use during Puncturing Taunt) as well as stacks with the reflecting damage given during Defensive Ball Curl, along with 25 bonus attack damage due to his passive. is a key item for
- Rammus) also synergizes well with Tremors and Defensive Ball Curl. or (jungle
- Puncturing Taunt and Defensive Ball Curl allows you to slow the enemy team heavily and make chasing easier. However, it reduces the enemies attack speed by 15% for 1 second when basic attacking you, so they won’t get as many reflected hits off you when you taunt them. in conjunction with
- armor, health, additional mobility and some bonus physical damage on basic attacks, it synergizes well with Powerball. grants you
- mana issues and building a bit of magic resistance. can be helpful for laning
- Rammus's Powerball. active synergizes well with
- Rammus's Tremors and Powerball can deal massive damage with some ability power.
- This makes armor. a rather potent item as it also provides 45
- If you're against a magic damage team, an can be very helpful for its combination of AP, MR, and its aura. Despite not being as powerful as a it can be very effective against magic damage teams.
- Tremors to slow a massive area, slowing on Defensive Ball Curl if you don't have , very slightly increasing Powerball's slow, and providing a high amount of health. can be a powerful item, causing
- Another powerful item is Rammus during Defensive Ball Curl, and can also be applied with Rammus's Powerball or Tremors. It synergizes well with , and also provides a generous amount of health. Typically a isn't a good item on Rammus due to his high AP ratios. , which is applied on enemies attacking
- Note that Rammus's Powerball, whilst it still does damage, it has no crowd control effect on the Dragon or Baron.
- Rammus's Powerball allows you to gank a lane since your enemies have less time to react as you are approaching them with high speed.
- Be careful when attacking Rammus while his Defensive Ball Curl is active. The damage you deal may be your own undoing, especially if you are basic attacks based champion such as Tryndamere, Vayne, or Warwick.
- Try to purchase tenacity items early to reduce the duration of his taunt from his Puncturing Taunt.
- Try casting a slow or stun when he uses Powerball so that way Rammus cannot initiate with his full combo by using Puncturing Taunt, Defensive Ball Curl and Tremors straight after hitting a target with Powerball.
- Rammus is an excellent counter to all AD carries due to his Defensive Ball Curl and tendency to build high armor. It is wise to have a mage or a hybrid champion (e.g. Jax or Akali) take him down.
- Building armor penetration items like and will reduce the effectiveness of his armor, allowing you to deal more damage to him.
- If Rammus is building AP don't let your guard down, Powerball and Tremors have great AP ratios and low cooldowns.
- Although picking AP champions can make Rammus less effective by forcing him to build magic resistance in addition to armor, be wary of picking too many AP champions, as the enemy can pick champions like Veigar and Galio to counter that.
- Rammus. Not only this item get rid of his taunt, but it also has magic resistance to reduce the magic damage that Rammus does with his abilities. is an excellent item against
- Apart from AP champions, AD champions who have abilities that deal magic or true damage, such as Corki, Darius, Master Yi and Vayne can be good options against Rammus, as armor is a less effective option to deal with them.
- One of Rammus biggest strengths as a jungler is his strong ability to gank lanes thanks to his Powerball and Puncturing Taunt. However, as with most tank junglers, he is an extremely poor duelist. Consider playing junglers that excel in counter-jungling and dueling such as Elise, Xin Zhao, Evelynn, Shaco, Vi, and Lee Sin.
- His jungle wave clear is also very slow as well, and he'll most likely spend his time ganking lanes than farming. As such, farm based junglers should have no problems against Rammus.