|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
Skill usage Edit
- Powerball can interrupt jump moves such as Jax's Leap Strike or Tristana's Rocket Jump mid-jump.
- Defensive Ball Curl increases Rammus's armor, which increases his damage due to Spiked Shell by (10/15/20/25/30).
- Powerball can be used as an effective escape mechanism. It also has a slight knock-up effect, and this allows for you to run into pursuers to momentarily disable them.
- As Powerball speeds up continuously after the initial cast, it's sometimes better to let it speed up in a brush before rolling at someone.
- Flash can be used while in Powerball to jump across a minion wave to catch your opponent off-guard.
- Powerball can hit stealthed champions such as Twitch, Shaco, Akali, or Evelynn, dealing damage and knocking them back. It will also work against a Camouflaged Teemo, knocking him out of stealth. This can be useful for chasing them if they go stealthed at low health.
- You can use Powerball then use Teleport to be at a high speed when reaching your destination.
- Powerball will damage and slow enemies reviving from pseudo death ( or Zilean's Chrono Shift) or , granting an easy kill.
- Puncturing Taunt can be used on enemies pushing your turret to make them attack you and causing the turret to attack them. It can also be used to take the focus off more squishy allies, allowing them to deal more damage than they would have had they been the focused target.
- Puncturing Taunt can also be used to "pull" enemies towards your team as an enemy will be forced to get into attack range to hit you. This is more effective with melee champions whose attack range is shorter than ranged ones.
- When using Tremors, you can use all your spells to keep enemies in range of this spell in order to maximize damage. This is possible because the ultimate is not channeled.
- Tremors affects turrets, making Rammus a very good pusher, especially lategame when he can tank the turret for his team.
- Rammus can use Tremors while using Powerball, making it very useful for destroying towers or champions that are low on health and escaping.
Build usage Edit
Building armor is necessary to put Spiked Shell to good use. Having a lot of armor will still result in a large amount of damage. However, do not disregard building magic resistance, as your high armor stat means nothing to the enemy team's AP mages. It can however be argued that building health will synergize better with the free armor and magic resistance provided by Defensive Ball Curl.
- can be helpful for laning mana issues and building magic resistance.
- is a more offensive alternative to his mana problems.
- in conjunction with Puncturing Taunt and Defensive Ball Curl allows you to slow the enemy team heavily and make chasing easier.
- synergizes well with Spiked Shell, increasing his damage further while also providing armor.
- is a very effective item on Rammus, as it reflects damage from auto-attacks (which the enemy is forced to use during Puncturing Taunt) as well as stacks with the reflecting damage given during Defensive Ball Curl.
- 's active synergizes well with Rammus's Powerball.
- Rammus's Tremors and Powerball can deal massive damage with some ability power. This makes a rather potent item as it also provides a large amount of armor.
- can be a powerful item , causing Tremors to slow a massive area and increasing Powerball slow , and providing a high amount of health.
- Another powerful item is , which is applied on enemies attacking Rammus during Defensive Ball Curl, and can also be applied with Rammus's Powerball or Tremors. It synergizes well with , and also provides a generous amount of health.
- also synergizes nicely with Tremors.
- Note that Rammus's Powerball, whilst it still does damage, it has no crowd control effect on Baron Nashor or the Dragon. Also note that Puncturing Taunt now has absolutely no effect on Baron or Dragon (it will not reduce armor or force either to attack you). Both skills will still affect all other neutral creeps as normal.
- Starting items: , x5
- Skill progression: Defensive Ball Curl → Powerball → Defensive Ball Curl → optional from here on.
- Jungling order: Blue golem ( Smite) → Wolves → Wraiths → Red Lizard ( Smite) → Small Golems → Gank
- Alternative order: Wolves → Blue golem ( Smite) → Wraiths → Red Lizard ( Smite) → Gank
Recommended builds Edit
|The Proving Grounds|
|The Crystal Scar|
|The Twisted Treeline|
- Avoid attacking Rammus while his Defensive Ball Curl is active.
- Try to purchase tenacity items early to reduce the duration of his taunt from his Puncturing Taunt.
- Try casting a slow or stun when he uses Powerball so that way Rammus cannot initiate with his full combo by using Puncturing Taunt, Defensive Ball Curl and Tremors straight after hitting a target with Powerball.
- Rammus is an excellent counter to all AD carries due to his Defensive Ball Curl and tendency to build high armor. It is wise to have a mage or a hybrid champion (e.g. Jax or Akali) take him down.
- Building a will penetrate his armor, allowing you to deal more damage to him.
- If Rammus is building AP don't let your guard down, Powerball and Tremors have decent AP ratios and low cooldowns.