Recall is an ability that all players have access to regardless of selected champion. Recall causes your champion to hard channel for 8 seconds. If the channel is not interrupted, the champion will be teleported to their team's fountain.
Recall is activated by either clicking the Recall button on the ability panel or by pressing the key that the button is bound to ("B" by default). Recall's channel can be interrupted by the champion performing a variety of actions such as casting abilities or moving, by being hit by an enemy's attacks or spells or by allied displacement spells such as& . Things that do not break Recall's channel include: emotes (e.g. /laugh, /joke), certain summoner spells (e.g. ), and some items (e.g. ), and having allied spells cast on you (e.g. )
When Dominion was released, Recall was remade to fit in to the game mode's fast-paced style, creating Enhanced Recall which has a 4.5 second channel time.
- Reduces channel time by 4 seconds.
- A successful recall restores 50% of your champion's maximum health / mana and grants 50% bonus movement speed for 8 seconds.
The Recall function was originally tied to summoner spell, and eventually into a feature inherent in all champions., which was a purchasable item that could be activated to return to base. The function was then made into an optional
Since V184.108.40.206 patch, new champions and certain skins, like legendary skins (e.g. ), have received a special recall animation and a few have received special quotes. Additionally, when an older champion gets a visual upgrade, all of their skins are outfitted with a new recall animation.
Since the release of, with the exception of , the recall animations between the classic skin and the first released alternate skin of a Champion differ from one another. For example, classic folds his guns before him, while produces a chair to sit in with drinks in hand.
When a player leaves the game his or her champion will automatically attempt to walk back to base. Soon after arriving at the base, the champion becomes invincible; this is to prevent enemies from using global abilities (likeand ) to instantly kill champions that have disconnected early in the game. Players who have disconnected prior to the game starting are also granted invincibility.
- Recall is not visible through the fog of war, but if a recalling champion was seen recalling before being obscured by fog of war, the sound can still be heard.
- It is possible to be damaged while recalling, but still return to base. This happens if the damage is taken within 0.1 seconds before the channel completes.
- If this happens while recalling with very low health, it is actually possible to arrive dead at the base.
- The old The Matrix. In the film Neo is offered the chance to take a red or a blue pill, signifying his choice of whether to continue living in the world he knows or to wake up. is possibly a reference to the film
- It was previously possible for champions with abilities that make them dash to an enemy champion to follow an enemy that has just finished recalling and teleported to base, making the champion fly all the way to the enemy base.
- Projectiles will still do so.
- If you recall while the Nexus is destroyed, the camera will attempt to center on your champion rather than the exploding Nexus.
- When was first remade, an oversight allowed him to use Recall to trigger his passive, so he could refresh the cooldowns of all of his abilities by simply rapidly pressing the recall key.
- and are the first champions to be able to interact and affect recall mechanically.