Development history EditThe Recall function was originally tied to , which was a purchasable item that could be activated to return to base. The function was then made into an optional summoner spell, and eventually into a feature inherent in all champions.
Recall is activated either by clicking the Recall button on the ability panel or by pressing the key to which the function is bound ("B" by default). After activating Recall, the champion will enter a hard channel state for 8 seconds. The channel will cancel if the champion is hit by any attack or spell, by moving, or performing most actions. If the channel is successfully completed, the champion will be teleported to his or her respective team's respawn point.
Enhanced Recall EditWhen Dominion was released, Recall was remade to fit in to the game mode's fast-paced style, creating Enhanced Recall which takes 4.5 seconds to channel.
Improved Recall Edit
Recall Animation Edit
Since V184.108.40.206 patch, new champions and certain skins, like legendary skins (e.g. Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath), have received a special recall animation and a few have received special quotes. Also, when an older champion gets a visual upgrade, all of his or her skins are outfitted with a new recall animation. Below is a list of champions and skins released that currently have recall animations:
Player disconnection Edit
When a player leaves the game his or her champion will automatically attempt to walk back to base. Soon after arriving at the base, the champion gains a huge bonus to magic resistance and armor; this is to prevent enemies from using global abilities (like Karthus's Requiem and Draven's Whirling Death) to instantly kill champions that have disconnected early in the game. Players who have disconnected prior to the game starting are granted the same bonus Magic Resistance/Armor.
- It is possible to perform certain actions without disrupting Recall. This includes all gestures (dance, joke, laugh, and taunt) as well as certain spells or items such as Barrier.
- Furthermore, it is possible to take damage while recalling without being interrupted. This happens when the recalling champion has a shield and the damage taken is less than that of the shield. Also, the channel must not be interrupted by crowd control.
- Although champions may not move or activate abilities, having abilities cast on them by teammates, such as Janna's Eye of the Storm will not disrupt Recall.
- Recall is neither visible nor audible through the fog of war.
- It is sometimes possible to be damaged while recalling, but still return to base. This happens if the damage is taken within an extremely small window (approx. 0.2 seconds or less) before the channel completes.
- If this happens while recalling with very low health, it is actually possible to arrive dead at the base.
- The old is possibly a reference to the film The Matrix. In the film Neo is offered the chance to take a red or a blue pill, signifying his choice of whether to continue living in the world he knows or to wake up.
- It was previously possible for champions with abilities that make them dash to an enemy champion to follow an enemy that has just finished recalling and teleported to base, making the champion fly all the way to the enemy base.
- Projectiles will still do so.
- If you recall while the Nexus is destroyed, the camera will attempt to center on your champion rather than the exploding Nexus.
- When he was first remade, an oversight allowed Ryze to be able to use Recall to trigger his Arcane Mastery passive, so he could refresh the cooldowns of all of his abilities by simply rapidly pressing the recall key.