- Rek'Sai is the first female Voidborn released and the second one without a humanoid form (the first being )
- Rek'Sai' is the first (and so far only) champion with a ability.
- Rek'Sai is the first fighter champion released without a secondary role.
- Rek'Sai's design was greatly influenced by canceled champion
- Just like with estimated to be as large as a 'small , , , large but not huge'). , , , and , Rek'Sai's in-game size is smaller than in-universe (she is
- Her name features destructive themes:
- Rek seems to be a wordplay on Old English wræc "suffering, cruelty, exile" & wracu "vengeance";
- Sai may be from Sanskrit word क्षि kshi "to destroy, to perish" ; which she shares with .
- Given that the Xer'Sai species were conceived as 'Land Shark[s],' the element Xer might be from the Greek ξηρός 'dry,' alluding to their preferred habitats.
- The first version of was often referred to as a "farm alarm" due to players using it to get back into the jungle to quickly resume their paths.
- Rek'Sai is the first champion to not actually talk and the second to not speak an intelligible language (the first being )
- [ |
- She might be referencing a from and/or a from .
- She resembles from .
- [ |
- She might have been inspired by the from .
- Her form resembles a building from .
- She shares this theme with [ | .
- [ |
- She might have been inspired by from .
- She might be referencing the Sharkman from .
- sound effect and her reference .
- She rides a jet ski during her Homeguard animation.
- She shares this theme with [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- Rek'Sai is the queen of her Voidborn species (the Xer'Sai) as well as the largest among their number.
- Rek'Sai is not as sapient as the other Voidborn champions (she is to them what a dangerous animal is to humans)