|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Renekton was designed by Kuo-Yen 'Xypherous' Lo.
- Renekton is voiced by , who also voices and .
- Renekton was first revealed in the Journal of Justice, Volume 1 Issue 8, as the brother of , though his name was spelled Renekhton there. It should be noted however that Renekton has technically been in the lore as long as Nasus has, as the story of the conflict between the two brothers has been in Nasus's backstory from the start.
- Renekton's title used to be 'the Eater of Souls' but was changed to the current one after his sneak peek.
- was originally called Tyrant's Reach but was changed with the release of the Champion Spotlight for unknown reasons.
- lore describes as having a "forked-tongue," but this is not meant to be taken literally. The metaphorical phrase that someone is "speaking with a forked tongue" means that the person is lying or being deceptive.
- In his old lore, it was stated that he awoke in the sewers of Zaun. This is a reference to the urban legend that crocodiles live in the sewers of various large cities.
- Renekton and both bear physical resemblance to old Egyptian Gods and , respectively. However, Renekton's lore is more resemblant of , a crocodilian demon that, upon Anubis's judgment of a heart's purity, would eat impure hearts; similarally, Renekton judged who was worthy of receiving Nasus' teachings.
- Renekton's blade-weapon may be a reference to the Klingon bat'leth, from the Star Trek series. Although, Renekton's blade has the grips on the inside edge of the blade where as a traditional bat'leth has them on the outside edge of the blade. Thus it could be a reference to the protagonist's weapon in the Manhwa Jackals, weapon that can be seen here in the front.
- Renekton's Art Spotlight is the only one that is not of his original skin, but his Outback skin.
- Because Renekton uses the fury system, his spells don't cost any mana, energy or life to be used. The fury gained through attacks is used to empower them only.
- The icon for Renekton's is similar to the icon for .
- His ability "Slice and Dice" makes reference to cut something into small pieces to analyze it, and is another reference to "blind violence".
- The movement Renekton makes while doing this ability is also fairly similar to the "death roll" exhibited by many species of crocodilians; where the crocodilian spins its body continuously while holding on with its jaws to tear a chunk of tissue from a large carcass or prey item.
- Like his brother's ultimate
, Renekton's ultimate makes him bigger, gives him more health, and damages surrounding enemies.
- The difference between the two of them is that passively grants Fury, whereas grants bonus Armor and Magic Resistant for the duration.
- The name of his ultimate, , means in Latin.
- Renekton references in his in-game quotes. He is one of the few champions who references another champion in-game without a special taunt.
- In the Polish version, Renekton's /joke and /taunt are both quotes from a YouTube video that's popular in Poland. It is worth noting, however, that curse words are substituted with their less offensive counterparts.
- Renekton shares a quote with : "Carnage."
- Renekton shares a quote with Irelia: "Cut them down."
- Renekton's taunt makes a reference to in Egyptian lore. The quote "Come back when you've collected all the bits of yourself" makes double reference: one to the champion he kills and one to the lore of the Egyptian gods, since Osiris needed to recover all his body parts in order to return and claim his position as a true god.
- Renekton's joke refers to the birds that are sometimes found in the mouths of crocodiles and alligators, cleaning rotten food remains from their teeth. It also refers to the social blunder of having food stuck in one's teeth.
- [ |
- His base splash art received an update in patch 4.16 and thus came along with the Shurima event and the release of .
- [ |
- It is a reference to .
- This skin looks similar to Leatherhead from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.
- In the Outback Renekton skin his scales appear brown in the splash art, in-game they are cobalt blue.The brown is the underbelly of this skin.
- [ |
- This skin is most likely a reference to the Egyptian gods of the series.
- Him being a white alligator may be a reference to the albino alligators inhabiting the sewers.
- He shares this theme with
- Additionally, a headless statue of is seen in the background. is leaning over with one foot on the statue's head.
- [ |
- While standing in brush with this skin, his tongue will sometimes remain opaque while the rest of his body is translucent. This does not affect detection from outside the brush.
- [ |
- When is activated, his eyes turn from red to green.
- [ |
- This skin was redone a couple of times before being released.
- He shares this theme with .
- [ |
- In his skin splash art, you can see Poolparty Ziggs diving down. You can also see , , and what appears to be on the second diving board. and on the diving board. , and climbing the ladder and
- He shares this theme with , , , , , , , and .
- [ |
- It is a celebratory skin for the premiere of .
- This skin was inspired both by and .
- He shares this theme with Anivia and Cho'Gath.
- Within the Splash Art you can spot silhouette in the tree under weapon.
- [ |
- He celebrates SK Telecom T1 winning the Season 5 World Championship.
- He represents MaRin.
- He shares this theme with, [ | [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , [ | , and [ | .
- Ascended brothers of Shuriman legend, who side-by-side defended their homeland in a dire time of need. and are
- The beast of living fire that Nasus and Renekton fought right before the fall of Shurima was . It is unknown who imprisoned him in the , but he was later released and used by as a distraction for stealing the Ascended power meant for .
- Renekton, by choosing to seal himself within the Tomb of the Emperors in order to contain Xerath, has suffered greatly under his millennium-long imprisonment with the crazed magus, leaving him psychologically unstable. Freed by Noxian noblewoman and Shuriman sell-sword , Renekton seeks to tear the world asunder in his insanity, beginning with his brother Nasus, whom he now believes is responsible for his agony.
- Related Themes
|Pool Party Theme|