|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- While some might have played manaless champions before, Renekton's Fury resource (shared with Tryndamere and Shyvana) can catch many players who are unfamiliar with Renekton off-guard. While he needs fury to enhance his abilities, he does not need it to cast them. Try to use this to your advantage.
- Cull the Meek heals more when an enemy champion is hit; try to use this to your advantage.
- Empowered Cull the Meek grants excellent lane sustain thanks to its increased damage and healing cap. Take advantage of this by building fury, then hitting as many enemy minions as once to greatly increase your health gain.
- Keep in mind that the normal version of Cull the Meek grants fury while the empowered version does not.
- Ruthless Predator resets the attack timer after usage, resulting in a possible fourth attack.
- Keep in mind that Renekton is not able to move while hitting with Ruthless Predator.
- Note that Ruthless Predator does not deal additional damage to turrets unlike Shyvana's Twin Bite.
- Slice and Dice has a number of great uses thanks to its mobility.
- When you need to make a quick escape, use Slice and Dice into a minion wave or champion. This will trigger the secondary effect, allowing you to use it again and clear distance very quickly.
- When moving through the jungle, you can use Slice and Dice to go through some walls. Ideally, try to Slice through walls where you will hit a monster camp on the other side, allowing you to cast Dice for increased chasing or escaping effectiveness.
- Slice and Dice can be used to harass enemies who have their abilities on cooldown. Slice in, land a few hits, and Dice back out of range in time before the enemy champion has time to react properly.
- Remember that the second, not the first, dash of Slice and Dice with loaded Fury will activate the bonus.
- Slice and Dice in combination with Ruthless Predator is good for attacking ranged champions, since Slice and Dice gets you close while Ruthless Predator stuns the target. Once again, make sure you slice through minions or champions so you can dice the rest of the way if needed.
- Slice and Dice provides excellent mobility for dodging skill shots in lane. When you see an enemy lining one up Slice through nearby minions out of the way, and then activate Dice to further re-position yourself.
- Although they aren't on-next-attack abilities, Cull the Meek and Slice and Dice also reset Renekton's autoattack timer. Try to weave all his abilities in between autoattacks to increase your DPS substantially. These autoattacks also generate fury, so do not neglect them!
- Dominus increases the range of Cull the Meek – use this to your advantage in team fights.
- Dominus allows Renekton to easily win duels thanks to its mix of instant health gain, damage, and Fury gain, allowing him to make sudden comebacks.
- If both you and your opponent are low on health and Dominus is available try to lure them in and use it to get an easily kill.
- Renekton can jungle with Reign of Anger and Cull the Meek.
- Deciding how to use Renekton's fury bonus on abilities is very important.
- By activating Ruthless Predator during a dash from Slice and Dice's and selecting a champion as your next basic attack, you can dash into an enemy and stun them immediately.
- It is recommended to try to reach 100 Fury so you can use two empowered skills. You may activate empowered version of Ruthless Predator and Cull the Meek to maximize your damage and healing, or activate Slice and Dice (second time) to shred enemy armor, then following with other skill or auto-attack.
Renekton can benefit from 3 of the 4 elixirs. grants additional damage for your skills and auto attacks,giving additional sustain,turning your already strong early/mid game in a bigger threat,as it can hardly snowball your enemies. will give bonus health,and increase your split potential. gives extra tenacity to protect or attack the enemies in team fights,bonus move speed for champions,and increased size,granting additional range for auto attacks and Cull the Meek,combined with Dominus,will make your attacks reach further as well giving Cull the Meek enough range to hit every enemy on team fights.
- and are strong items on Renekton, providing additional damage and durability against magic damage. scales very well with Renekton's passive, Reign of Anger, due to increased fury generation while also having an additional 20+ AD when below 50% life, increasing all damage output significantly.
- The combination of and Ruthless Predator, which triggers on-hit effects, can give the target 3 stacks of the armor reduction debuff almost instantly. Using this at the beginning of a fight can decide its outcome.
- If you are having problems sustaining yourself with Cull the Meek alone, / synergize well as their effects proc on all three hits of Ruthless Predator.
- can be an acceptable alternative to . The area of effect adds to the other AoEs that Renekton already has and the active can be used to cancel the animation of Ruthless Predator which tends to undesirably hold Renekton in place.
- are the standard boots for Renekton, as he is required to be in the middle of skirmishes and thus will be often afflicted with crowd control.
- are good if laning against physical damage champions, such as Riven or Garen.
- grants cooldown reduction, which is a valuable stat on Renekton. However, this item is only recommended if Renekton is snowballing or the team is tanky enough and needs more damage.
- is a good defensive item, offering armor, health and a movement speed slow.
- is a very useful item on Renekton as it synergizes well with his ultimate, adding even more AoE magic damage. It is also easier for Renekton to get into the middle of the enemy champions due to his Slice and Dice.
- gives Renekton some much needed health, as he is pretty squishy without items early and mid-game.
- is a very good item for Renekton as its movement speed slow allows him to stay in range and constantly use his abilities.
- can be a very good item when using Cull the Meek, since it boosts all healing effects by 20% and giving Renekton some needed cooldown reduction.
- is a great item for Renekton. It gives attack damage, cooldown reduction, armor penetration and a stacking armor reduction passive.
- Renekton has an extremely strong laning phase and very high early game damage because of the high base damage his abilities have, especially their Fury Empowered versions.
- On the other hand, despite his strong early game power, Renekton is highly vulnerable on being poked down early and his main gap closer, Slice and Dice is relatively short. Ranged champions with good kiting mechanics such as Teemo. Kennen, Jayce, Ryze, Nidalee, Kayle, and Lulu can crowd control Renekton and/or safely create distance between Renekton and kite safely.
- Keep in note that Renekton does not use mana as a resource, has a built in heal with empowered Cull the Meek, and can build common lifesteal items such as to stay in lane longer. Build accordingly to counter him.
- Watch his Fury bar. Renekton will usually be passive until he gains fury, then attack you with Slice and Dice, hit you with a Fury empowered Cull the Meek or Ruthless Predator and back off with Slice and Dice's secondary dash. Position yourself in the brush and make yourself hard to reach for Renekton, force him to get out of position.
- Never get careless against Renekton: He has a powerful combination of a stun, mobility and sustain.
- Due to Renekton's "AD caster" playstyle, he's extremely weakened and disrupted by silences, but not blinds. Keep this in mind when playing against him.
- One of Renekton's biggest weaknesses is powerful burst nukers. Excluding Slice and Dice's mobility, he's essentially a melee character that's easy to be bursted down from a range and kited with crowd control.
- Renekton has a naturally high health pool, further complimented by Dominus, which leaves him vulnerable to items and abilities that deal percent health damage like unless he has built resistances.
- Usually Renekton's Slice and Dice can be used once, but if it hits an enemy, he gains the ability to use it twice. This will allow Renekton to cover over 800 units of distance. If the situation allows it, don't let him hit an enemy with Slice and Dice, which can be difficult as he can use the ability on minions.
- At level 6, Renekton gains the access to use Dominus. It can make turret diving him a very difficult task because he will quickly be able to receive a large bonus of health, which is also essentially a heal that cannot be reduced by Ignite. It will also grant him access to a lot of bonus Fury which can net him a powerful heal from Cull the Meek or an extra-long stun from Ruthless Predator.
- Dominus is an extremely powerful ability, especially in the early to mid-stages of the game. The extra health makes a Renekton in this form more durable than most champions. The additional fury and AoE damage can enable Renekton to dish out deceptive and overwhelming amounts of damage, essentially being able to kill two champions by himself easily. Approach a level 6 Renekton with care.
- Be sure to build armor when playing against Renekton. He deals high bursts of physical damage.
- Renekton might choose to build more towards damage or tanking. Pay attention to this: If you force him to build tanky he will greatly fall off late game because of the nature of his kit. If he builds towards damage, prioritize him accordingly in teamfights and be sure to lock him down with crowd control. He has extremely high ability ratios but low survivability outside of health, sustain, and Dominus.
- While tanky DPS Renekton greatly loses power late game, he's very difficult to deal with early to mid-game. You should try to isolate him out of teamfights and always know his location.