- Renekton was designed by Xypherous.
- Renekton is voiced by Kog'Maw. , who also voices
- Renekton was first revealed in the Journal of Justice, Volume 1 Issue 8, as the brother of Nasus, though his name was spelled Renekhton there. It should be noted however that Renekton has technically been in the lore as long as Nasus has, as the story of the conflict between the two brothers has been in Nasus's backstory from the start.
- His title was previously The Eater of Souls, but was changed to the current title by Riot after his sneak peek.
- Cull the Meek was originally called Tyrant’s Reach but was changed with the release of the Champion Spotlight for unknown reasons.
- Renekton's Art Spotlight is the only one that is not of his original skin, but his Outback skin.
- Renekton and Nasus both bear resemblance to old Egyptian Gods, namely and . However, Renekton's lore is more resemblant of , a half-crocodile demon that, upon Anubis's judgment of a heart being impure, would eat the heart of the impure one. This is similar to Renekton's judgment of who was worthy of receiving Nasus' teachings.
- In his lore, it states that he awakens in the sewers of Zaun. This is a reference to the urban legend that crocodiles live in the sewers of various large cities.
- Renekton's blade-weapon may be a reference to the Klingon bat'leth, from the Star Trek series. Although, Renekton's blade has the grips on the inside edge of the blade where as a traditional bat'leth has them on the outside edge of the blade. Thus it could be a reference to the protagonist's weapon in the Manhwa Jackals, weapon that can be seen here in the front.
- Renekton references Nasus in his in-game quotes. He is one of the few champions who references another champion in-game.
- Because Renekton uses the fury system, his spells don't cost any mana, energy or life to be used. The fury gained through attacks is used to empower them only.
- The icon for Renekton's Slice and Dice is similar to the icon for Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole.
- His ability "Slice and Dice" makes reference to cut something into small pieces to analyze it, and is another reference to "blind violence".
- Like his brother's ultimate Fury of the Sands, Renekton's ultimate Dominus makes him bigger, gives him more health, and damages surrounding enemies.
- The name of his ultimate, Dominus, means in Latin.
- In the Polish version, Renekton's /joke and /taunt are both quotes from a YouTube video that's popular in Poland. It is worth noting, however, that curse words are substituted with their less offensive counterparts.
- Renekton shares a quote with Mordekaiser : "Carnage".
- Renekton's taunt makes reference to in Egyptian lore. The quote "Come back when you've collected all the bits of yourself" makes double reference: one to the champion he kills and one to the lore of the egyptian gods, since Osiris needed to recover all his body parts in order to return and claim his position as a true god.
- Renekton's joke refers to the birds that are usually found on alligator mouths cleaning them from food remains.
- Outback Renekton skin is a reference to
- In the Outback Renekton skin his scales appear brown in the splash art, in-game they are cobalt blue.The brown is the underbelly of this skin.
- Galactic Renekton and Galactic Nasus skins are most likely a reference to the Egyptian gods of the Stargate series.
- While standing in brush with the Bloodfury Renekton skin, his tongue will sometimes remain opaque while the rest of his body is translucent. This does not affect detection from outside the brush.
- When Ruthless Predator is activated on the Rune Wars Renekton skin his eyes turn from red to green
- In Pool Party Renekton's skin splash art, you can see Gragas and Lulu on the diving board. Ahri, Urf and Zac climbing the ladder and Poolparty Ziggs diving down. You can also see Kha'Zix, Ryze, Teemo and what appears to be Karthus on the second diving board.
- Renekton and Nasus are brothers.
Art spotlightRenekton Art Spotlight(05:17)