|Champion||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Renekton was designed by Xypherous.
- Renekton is voiced by Kog'Maw , and Lucian. , who also voices
- Renekton was first revealed in the Journal of Justice, Volume 1 Issue 8, as the brother of Nasus, though his name was spelled Renekhton there. It should be noted however that Renekton has technically been in the lore as long as Nasus has, as the story of the conflict between the two brothers has been in Nasus's backstory from the start.
- His title was previously The Eater of Souls, but was changed to the current title by Riot after his sneak peek.
- Cull the Meek was originally called Tyrant’s Reach but was changed with the release of the Champion Spotlight for unknown reasons.
- Nasus' lore describes Renekton as having a "forked-tongue," but this is not meant to be taken literally. The metaphorical phrase that someone is "speaking with a forked tongue" means that the person is lying or being deceptive.
- In his old lore, it was stated that he awoke in the sewers of Zaun. This is a reference to the urban legend that crocodiles live in the sewers of various large cities.
- Renekton and Nasus both bear physical resemblance to old Egyptian Gods and , respectively. However, Renekton's lore is more resemblant of , a crocodilian demon that, upon Anubis's judgment of a heart's purity, would eat impure hearts; similarally, Renekton judged who was worthy of receiving Nasus' teachings.
- Renekton's blade-weapon may be a reference to the Klingon bat'leth, from the Star Trek series. Although, Renekton's blade has the grips on the inside edge of the blade where as a traditional bat'leth has them on the outside edge of the blade. Thus it could be a reference to the protagonist's weapon in the Manhwa Jackals, weapon that can be seen here in the front.
- Renekton's Art Spotlight is the only one that is not of his original skin, but his Outback skin.
- Because Renekton uses the fury system, his spells don't cost any mana, energy or life to be used. The fury gained through attacks is used to empower them only.
- The icon for Renekton's Slice and Dice is similar to the icon for Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole.
- His ability "Slice and Dice" makes reference to cut something into small pieces to analyze it, and is another reference to "blind violence".
- The movement Renekton makes while doing this ability is also fairly similar to the "death roll" exhibited by many species of crocodilians; where the crocodilian spins its body continuously while holding on with its jaws to tear a chunk of tissue from a large carcass or prey item.
- Like his brother's ultimate Fury of the Sands, Renekton's ultimate Dominus makes him bigger, gives him more health, and damages surrounding enemies.
- Renekton references Nasus in his in-game quotes. He is one of the few champions who references another champion in-game without a special taunt.
- In the Polish version, Renekton's /joke and /taunt are both quotes from a YouTube video that's popular in Poland. It is worth noting, however, that curse words are substituted with their less offensive counterparts.
- Renekton shares a quote with Mordekaiser : "Carnage."
- Renekton shares a quote with Irelia: "Cut them down."
- Renekton's taunt makes a reference to in Egyptian lore. The quote "Come back when you've collected all the bits of yourself" makes double reference: one to the champion he kills and one to the lore of the Egyptian gods, since Osiris needed to recover all his body parts in order to return and claim his position as a true god.
- Renekton's joke refers to the birds that are sometimes found in the mouths of crocodiles and alligators, cleaning rotten food remains from their teeth. It also refers to the social blunder of having food stuck in one's teeth.
- Classic Renekton [ |
- His base splash art received an update in patch 4.16 and thus came along with the Shurima event and the release of Azir.
- Outback Renekton [ |
- It is a reference to .
- This skin looks similar to Leatherhead from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.
- In the Outback Renekton skin his scales appear brown in the splash art, in-game they are cobalt blue.The brown is the underbelly of this skin.
- This skin is most likely a reference to the Egyptian gods of the series.
- Him being a white alligator may be a reference to the albino alligators inhabiting the sewers.
- He shares this theme with Azir and Nasus.
- While standing in brush with this skin, his tongue will sometimes remain opaque while the rest of his body is translucent. This does not affect detection from outside the brush.
- When Ruthless Predator is activated, his eyes turn from red to green.
- This skin was redone a couple of times before being released.
- He shares this theme with Xerath.
- In his skin splash art, you can see Gragas and Lulu on the diving board. Ahri, Urf and Zac climbing the ladder and Poolparty Ziggs diving down. You can also see Kha'Zix, Ryze, Teemo and what appears to be Karthus on the second diving board.
- He shares this theme with Lee Sin, Ziggs, Leona, Graves, Draven, Zac, Dr. Mundo, Rek'Sai and Lulu.
- It is a celebratory skin for the premiere of .
- This skin was inspired both by and .
- He shares this theme with Anivia and Cho'Gath.
- Within the Splash Art you can spot Gnar's silhouette in the tree under Renekton's weapon.
- Renekton and Nasus are Ascended brothers of Shuriman legend, who side-by-side defended their homeland in a dire time of need.
- The beast of living fire that Nasus and Renekton fought right before the fall of Shurima was Brand. It is unknown who imprisoned him in the magical sarcophagus, but he was later released and used by Xerath as a distraction for stealing the Ascended power meant for Azir.
- Renekton, by choosing to seal himself within the Tomb of the Emperors in order to contain Xerath, has suffered greatly under his millennium-long imprisonment with the crazed magus, leaving him psychologically unstable. Freed by Noxian noblewoman Cassiopeia and Shuriman sell-sword Sivir, Renekton seeks to tear the world asunder in his insanity, beginning with his brother Nasus, whom he now believes is responsible for his agony.
- Related Themes
|Pool Party Theme|