|Champion||Ability Details||Background||Strategy||Skins & Trivia|
- Rengar was designed by Classick.
- Rengar's lore is possibly inspired by the short story The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell.
- The name of Rengar's passive, Unseen Predator, his dread-like haircut and wrist blades, his stealth ultimate and its visual effects are references to the Predator franchise.
- Rengar's appearance is also similar to one of the alien bounty hunters in Samurai Jack.
- Rengar is the first champion to have two unique items: and . He is the second champion to have at least one unique item, the first being Viktor.
- Rengar's dance is a reference to the New Zealand tribal dance, Maori haka, particularly the Ka Mate. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Rengar is one of six champions to reference another champion in-game, the others being Renekton, Volibear, Graves, Kha'Zix, and Quinn.
- Rengar's passive, Unseen Predator, is similar to Nidalee's passive, Prowl, in that they both provide utility while in the brush. Caitlyn's Headshot is also an ability that uses the brush specifically in activation.
- Initially, many in the community believed that Rengar had fought Cho'Gath in his lore. It was later revealed that it was Kha'Zix that Rengar was fighting.
- Rengar's overall concept shares very similar concepts to the lyrics of the song Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.
- Rengar is an anagram for ranger.
- Headhunter Rengar skin is most likely a reference to the Predator species from the Predator franchise, sporting similar wrist blades, armor, fishnets and hair.
- Rengar fought against Kha'Zix and lost his left eye during the conflict. He seeks to one day slay Kha'Zix and add the monster's head to his collection as his most prized trophy.
- The conflict between Rengar and Kha'Zix is a reference to the Alien vs. Predator series.
The Hunt Is On Edit
As part of the event The Hunt Is On!, Rengar and Kha'Zix are assigned to defeat one another in battle. The first to score a kill on the other claims victory (assists count). The event begins randomly after Kha'Zix has used all 3 evolution points, Rengar is in possession of the with at least 10 stacks, and all members of both teams must be alive for the event to start.
- If Kha'Zix is victorious, he gains a fourth evolution point.
- If Rengar is victorious, his is replaced with the , which grants him the bonuses of a fully stacked .
This event can only occur once per game, even if both teams possess both champions. A video describing the event can be found here.
Login Music Edit