- Rengar was designed by Classick.
- Rengar is voiced by Patrick Seitz , who also voiced Kog'Maw, Renekton and Lucian.
- Rengar's lore and personality are most likely inspired by the short story
- Rengar's concept might be inspired by the , a race from the franchise.
- Rengar also shares many resemblances to the one-eyed leonin warrior , , from the trading card game.
- The name of Rengar's passive, Unseen Predator, his dread-like haircut and wrist blades, his stealth ultimate and its visual effects are references to the franchise.
- Rengar's appearance is also similar to one of the alien bounty hunters in .
- Rengar is the first champion to have two unique items: and . He is the second champion to have at least one unique item, the first being Viktor.
- Rengar's dance is a reference to the New Zealand tribal dance, here. , particularly the . A side-by-side comparison can be seen
- Rengar is one of ten champions to reference another champion in-game, the others being Zed, Renekton, Volibear, Graves, Kha'Zix, Aatrox, Quinn, Vi, and Jinx.
- Rengar's passive, Unseen Predator, is similar to Nidalee's passive, Prowl, in that they both provide utility while in the brush. Caitlyn's Headshot is also an ability that uses the brush specifically in activation.
- Initially, many in the community believed that Rengar had fought Cho'Gath in his lore. It was later revealed that it was Kha'Zix that Rengar was fighting.
- Rengar's overall concept shares very similar concepts to the lyrics of the song by .
- Rengar is an anagram for ranger.
- Rengar's artificial orange eye resembles that of Bear Cavalry Sejuani's bear, who also has a left eye missing on the same side as Rengar's artificial eye - this suggests that Rengar may have taken the bear's eye after Kha'zix removed his own during their conflict.
- Headhunter Rengar skin is most likely a reference to the from the franchise, sporting similar wrist blades, armor, fishnets and hair. Additionaly, when Rengar uses his ultimate while using the Headhunter skin, a woodpecker-esque sound can be heard. This sound is the same sound that the Predator makes while stalking his prey.
- Rengar fought against Kha'Zix and lost his left eye during the conflict. He seeks to one day slay Kha'Zix and add the monster's head to his collection as his most prized trophy.
- The conflict between Rengar and Kha'Zix is a reference to the series.
The Hunt Is On Edit
As part of the event The Hunt Is On!, Rengar and Kha'Zix are assigned to defeat one another in battle. The first to score a kill on the other claims victory (assists count). The event begins randomly after Kha'Zix has used all 3 evolution points, Rengar is in possession of the with at least 10 stacks, and all members of both teams must be alive for the event to start.
- If Kha'Zix is victorious, he gains a fourth evolution point.
- If Rengar is victorious, his is replaced with the , which grants him the bonuses of a fully stacked .
This event can only occur once per game, even if both teams possess both champions. A video describing the event can be found here.
Login Music Edit
Art Spotlight EditRengar Art Spotlight(06:46)
Login Animation EditRengar League Of Legends Login Screen With Music(01:05)