The reporting feature allows players to inform at the end of a match about the negative behaviour of other players. In the post game lobby screen, hovering the mouse over the name of a player displays several icons which represent ways of interacting with that player. One of those icons is a red exclamation mark. Clicking it opens the reporting form, where details about the negative behaviour of the player to be reported can be entered. Clicking the button Report after filling out the form submits the report to Riot.
Griefing, giving up, putting other players down or being negative about the game.
Including, but not limited to language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable.
Leaving the Game/AFK
This includes logging out or exiting the game before a match ends or stand idle for long periods of time or refuse to participate in the match at all.
Feeding is griefing, not just having a bad game.
Racism, sexism, homophobia, etc.
Using unapproved third party programs.
Offensive or Inappropriate Name
- Are falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games.
- Contain personally identifying information.
- Infringe on the proprietary rights of third party.
- Are offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. This also applies if the name uses a misspelling or an alternate spelling to circumvent the restrictions to summoner name choices.
Reasons to get punished
- Impersonating any person, business or entity, including an employee of Riot Games, or communicating in any way that makes it appear that the communication originates from Riot Games;
- Posting identifying information about yourself or other players to the Website or within the Game;
- Harassing, stalking or threatening other players while using the Riot Services;
- Removing, altering or concealing any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights notice of Riot Games contained in the Website, the Game and/or the Software. You also may not transmit content that violates or infringes the rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, personal rights or other rights;
- Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Transmitting or facilitating the transmission of any content that contains a virus, corrupted data, trojan horse, bot keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Spamming chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings;
- Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game, including by scamming or social engineering;
- Using any unauthorized third party programs, including mods, hacks, cheats, scripts, bots, trainers and automation programs that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information;
- Accessing or attempting to access areas of the Game or Game servers that have not been made available to the public;
- Selecting a Summoner name that is falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games, contains personally identifying information, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on Summoner name choices. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision, without notification to you, and may take further disciplinary measures, including account termination for repeated violations;
- Logging out or exiting the Game during live game-play. Riot Games’ automated Leaverbuster® system tracks this data over time and issues a temporary ban when a user is determine to have left mid-game too many times. The length of the temporary ban will increase over time if a particular account continues to leave live game play;
- Playing on another person’s account to “boost” that account’s status or rank; or
- Inducing or encouraging others to violate this Code of Conduct or the terms of this Agreement.